IGNORED

jordan peterson

dingformung

10 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Not only. I was referring to habitus as well, which can also be attractive/repulsive

Not sure I’d mind it if a beautiful girl with big knockers likes carpentry and hunting. Likewise tall muscular guys who bake cakes seem to do quite alright with the ladies.

21 minutes ago, dingformung said:

The concept of "loser" is a social construct in itself and is rooted in a thinking that life is a competitive game where you can either win or lose. Identity is formed solely along the axis of "winning" and "losing", and so is a human's worth. A very dehumanising ideology

Of course.

Civilization was a grave mistake.

5 hours ago, zkom said:

persons desperately looking for some kind of father figure or authority that would tell them what to do in life.

A lot of conspiracy theory followers are somewhat similar - they need to believe that someone is in control and that there aren't just random events happening. Hence the "plandemic" "crisis actors" etc. etc.

• Farnsworth 1

On 3/4/2021 at 4:45 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I'm worried that because I clicked on this thread I'm going to get an endless sea of JP vid recommendations from the youtubes.

It's already happening.  Top story on my gpixel news feed is PB 'n' J giving some sob story about waking up confused and surrounded by Russians.  He's an extremely upset person.

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, xox said:

Oh no... I believe it’s justified! This is why I think so:

Ppl apparently love him around the world! Especially young ppl seeking for a meaning in their lives in this fakt up world and he brings some sense to them; I believe he helps them more than not! Some ppl see him as promoting some radical beliefs but they just project their own feelings of insecurity and narcissism, don’t worry about them. 
He became famous when he stood up against that funny almost-law in Canada which was meant to force ppl to use special pronouns for transgender persons. Law!!! If it were about anything else, he wouldn’t be so famous today bc, understandably, transgender groups felt attacked by him and they were loud with calling names and labeling, even with words like “nazi”. I say understandably bc, it matters to them (and they are really quite marginalized and heavily stigmatized) and not bc they were attacked directly by him but consequently. He stood against that law as should any other sane person but ppl were afraid to talk about it just bc consequently you go against some stigmatized minority group, which makes you automatically a first order nazi. Isn’t that sick! Not be able to say anything about such an influential law? Even if it’s a total nonsense?! Dangerous nonsense at that! That’s the word we’re living today! Nazi big brother world! He almost lost his job at the uni! Can you imagine that?! That’s not a world where everybody is welcomed and safe, but a world of fear and sick narcissistic projections and separation of ppl and groups, not about unification! Proper nazi world! Let’s just label you with “filthy jew” (as he was also called) and you with “mr nazi”!
And he was brave enough to say something about the law but everybody just continued talking about him against the trans ppl, about women rights.... And he realized that it’s a bigger problem than he thought it was so he continued to talk about what ever ppl wanted to talk about and even after saying repeatedly that it’s about the law and freedom of speech and how it would eventually just do more harm than good to the minority group and everyone else, all left extremists opposed him even harder bc finally, someone we can attack on a tv! Personal chaos and simplified world is not how a healthy world should look like!

So... If ppl want to go to his meetings and listen to his lectures about ‘cleaning their rooms’ and to buy his book, i see no prob i that. I’m glad he stood up bc he somehow managed to slow down the totalitarian machine that’s been waiting around the corner. So, he’s probably still relevant bc he still represents that fight against oppression and against silent totalitarian tricks in a modern democracies. He still represents freedom of speech, that we need more than ever today! And we now talk more openly than ever about stigmatizations of minorities and related problems in our societies. We need more of that! Not less! 
All other talk about how he talks, looks or whatever is just noise imo, not the point. I never talked about him here bc even here, on mighty watmm, ppl are unable to see the shades of grey, it’s either black or white!

i find this assessment of the whole canadian campus debacle pretty..weird?

(first off, lol at you calling people nazis and also being outraged by people calling people nazis) 

but more importantly, if jordan peterson was standing up to "nazi big brother" laws and "totalitarian tricks," how come nothing happened to him? if there is such a powerful "left extremist" threat to free speech, how is it that once he stood up to these bad guys he faced zero professional consequences, zero legal consequences, no fines, no jail, no sanctions, nothing at all? indeed, standing up to these powerful anti-democratic forces made him a literal celebrity who travelled the world sharing his views to sold out arenas and publishing a best-selling book? i'm not really seeing the threat to free speech here, i'm seeing a guy who can say whatever the fuck he wants and make millions of dollars and have his "lectures" hyper-promoted on youtube, multiple profiles in prestige media, innumerable appearances on like every conceivable major television news outlet, etc., etc. where is the censorship? how come the nazi leftists aren't putting a stop to this? couldn't they DM trudeau and ask him to put an end to this (with or without blackface)? 

and lastly, if he is "fighting against oppression" how come he only complains about stuff like this? at the time of this scandal he claimed his objection to this law was the result of his "40 years" studying authoritarianism, so why isn't he delivering lectures about this topic in any other setting than niche western campus-culture wars? he's a self-declared expert on authoritarianism but for some reason he can only find the time to complain about trans people, college students, liberal HR departments and journalists? seems pretty weird, man! there's gotta be a bunch of different examples of authoritarian tendencies in the west, can't believe he's not checking these out!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i find this assessment of the whole canadian campus debacle pretty..weird?

(first off, lol at you calling people nazis and also being outraged by people calling people nazis) 

but more importantly, if jordan peterson was standing up to "nazi big brother" laws and "totalitarian tricks," how come nothing happened to him? if there is such a powerful "left extremist" threat to free speech, how is it that once he stood up to these bad guys he faced zero professional consequences, zero legal consequences, no fines, no jail, no sanctions, nothing at all? indeed, standing up to these powerful anti-democratic forces made him a literal celebrity who travelled the world sharing his views to sold out arenas and publishing a best-selling book? i'm not really seeing the threat to free speech here, i'm seeing a guy who can say whatever the fuck he wants and make millions of dollars and have his "lectures" hyper-promoted on youtube, multiple profiles in prestige media, innumerable appearances on like every conceivable major television news outlet, etc., etc. where is the censorship? how come the nazi leftists aren't putting a stop to this? couldn't they DM trudeau and ask him to put an end to this (with or without blackface)? 

and lastly, if he is "fighting against oppression" how come he only complains about stuff like this? at the time of this scandal he claimed his objection to this law was the result of his "40 years" studying authoritarianism, so why isn't he delivering lectures about this topic in any other setting than niche western campus-culture wars? he's a self-declared expert on authoritarianism but for some reason he can only find the time to complain about trans people, college students, liberal HR departments and journalists? seems pretty weird, man! there's gotta be a bunch of different examples of authoritarian tendencies in the west, can't believe he's not checking these out!

edit: jordan peterson please do a lecture on norman finkelstein thanks

@Alcofribas one could argue that peterson was fighting against "totalitarian" tendencies and prevented such tendencies to become the new norm by opposing to the pronoun law thingie

i'm not taking sides, i don't even care about this topic, i'm only interested in the validity of the arguments (could be any other topic). feel free to correct me if i'm off beam or whatever

5 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

@Alcofribas one could argue that peterson was fighting against "totalitarian" tendencies and prevented such tendencies to become the new norm by opposing to the pronoun law thingie

i'm not taking sides, i don't even care about this topic, i'm only interested in the validity of the arguments (could be any other topic). feel free to correct me if i'm off beam or whatever

quite an amazing "totalitarian" threat that has allowed peterson and countless others to get rich as fuck "speaking truth to power" lol. but anyway, jpb claimed he was standing up against laws that made his speech "illegal"* which wouldn't be in the category of a tendency. also, cf the last point in my post above. surely fighting the "tendencies" might understandable if he was engaged in this in a principled way instead of just partaking in the very lucrative grift of complaining about cancel culture. a thoroughly principled objection to "threats" to free speech would be a lot more broad than this particularly trendy topic. 

in any case, he hasn't demonstrated the "totalitarian" nature of any of this, nor have any of the cancel culture warriors (bari weiss, dave rubin, ben shapiro, pretty much every fox news pundit, paul joseph watson, sargan, tim poole, bret stephens, etc. etc. ad nauseam) - they have merely observed certain tendencies within popular discourse than make it more uncomfortable to say things at your job or in certain public settings. there is the occasional professional consequence for illiberal transgressions but if this truly upsets you 1. this has consistently been inflicted upon people who speak critically *from the left* so calling this "leftist fascism" is absurd and 2. i'd imagine you'd want to be confronting the fact that this is the result of the power of bosses to control the speech rights of their employees, which certainly isn't a product of "the left." if peterson and his ilk want to bitch about liberal HR departments maybe they should put their money where their mouth is and support unions.

“I think that some of the things that I say in my lectures now might be illegal,” Peterson says in this video (at 17:35). “I think that they might even be sufficient for me to be brought before the Ontario Human Rights Commission under their amended hate speech laws.”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

quite an amazing "totalitarian" threat that has allowed peterson and countless others to get rich as fuck "speaking truth to power" lol. but anyway, jpb claimed he was standing up against laws that made his speech "illegal"* which wouldn't be in the category of a tendency. also, cf the last point in my post above. surely fighting the "tendencies" might understandable if he was engaged in this in a principled way instead of just partaking in the very lucrative grift of complaining about cancel culture. a thoroughly principled objection to "threats" to free speech would be a lot more broad than this particularly trendy topic. 

in any case, he hasn't demonstrated the "totalitarian" nature of any of this, nor have any of the cancel culture warriors (bari weiss, dave rubin, ben shapiro, pretty much every fox news pundit, paul joseph watson, sargan, tim poole, bret stephens, etc. etc. ad nauseam) - they have merely observed certain tendencies within popular discourse than make it more uncomfortable to say things at your job or in certain public settings. there is the occasional professional consequence for illiberal transgressions but if this truly upsets you 1. this has consistently been inflicted upon people who speak critically *from the left* so calling this "leftist fascism" is absurd and 2. i'd imagine you'd want to be confronting the fact that this is the result of the power of bosses to control the speech rights of their employees, which certainly isn't a product of "the left." if peterson and his ilk want to bitch about liberal HR departments maybe they should put their money where their mouth is and support unions.

“I think that some of the things that I say in my lectures now might be illegal,” Peterson says in this video (at 17:35). “I think that they might even be sufficient for me to be brought before the Ontario Human Rights Commission under their amended hate speech laws.”

just want to elaborate on something here: "cancel culture" is a grift. just look at how many segments fox news runs on this now. everything is "cancel culture." jpb partakes in this farce by falling right into the framework that all the threats we face are from "the left." but for all these people "the left" is the same category as it is for trump - the "radical left" as he loved to call everyone from antifa to hillary clinton. 

but i'm not someone who pretends this is fabricated whole cloth. there are illiberal tendencies in these situations, but the "cancel culture" people offer no insights into them, they're just advancing their careers and keeping people focused on shit like mr. potato head instead of anything with the least real importance.

before any of this became the farce it is today that was this very sensitive and coherent take on the topic by mark fisher which i genuinely encourage people to read instead of hysterics like jpb:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/exiting-vampire-castle/

it's certainly ironic that one would become rich by claiming that the right to free speech is being violated yeah

and yeah peterson's probably missing the mark when it comes to identifying who's responsible for those speech policies

@Alcofribas

look alco-man, I really like you and shit...but i think that you’re too intelligent to play stupid and that you understand the matter very well! 

...and i don’t give a faq about this peterson person fak him, but i was glad he stud up against the fascist legislation, that’s it! That’s it! What he did after that I couldn’t care less. 

One thing is dearly missing from this thread though...

peterson darts awake, his body drenched in sweat. his wife stirs beside him, caressing his back. "honey, good back to zhe." he grabs her by the collar of her pajamas, slapping her across the face. "what did you just say to me, you crazy harpy?" "go back to sleep! i said 'sleep!'" he throws her pathetic female form back upon her pink pillow. he grabs his robe -- a masculine blue -- and storms out of the room. in his office he clicks on his desk lamp, its cone of light illuminating his manuscripts on psychology and mythology and christianity. he gazes upon the title of a book by one of his masters, carl gustav jung. flipping through it his eyes fall upon passages about the "union of opposites," the "dual nature," masculine and feminine, of the psyche. he tosses the book down in confusion, in disgust. his hands shake as he turns the desk lamp to shine upon the wall where its beam is cast upon a poster of his creation. on the left, pink side, are pictures of girls and women; on the right, blue side, pictures of boys, men. the two sides are separated in the middle with a golden pillar with the word "scientia" painted upon it. he feels immense relief. just before turning off the light his gaze is accidentally caught by his open latin dictionary. his flips through it in haste and throws it down as if it were burning his hands. nowhere was he able to find the pronouns "him" or "her." some one must have pressured the publisher to remove them. just then he gets a text from one of his followers. it reads "they've made it to america" with an accompanying link. he opens the link. a trans teenager now legally lives with her grandma. he does a hard reset on his phone. as it reboots he peers through his blinds out of his window. "they're coming" he whispers.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

it's certainly ironic that one would become rich by claiming that the right to free speech is being violated yeah

and yeah peterson's probably missing the mark when it comes to identifying who's responsible for those speech policies

the thing is, peterson does not only not have a coherent critique but when fused with his self-help shtick he's encouraging people to be politically demotivated. so, on the one hand there's an "authoritarian" threat but on the other hand he's telling young men to "set your house in order before you criticize the world" and to pursue what is "meaningful, not what is expedient." this is just political disengagement while there are "totalitarian" threats all around us. quite stupid to me.

@eassae "compelled speech?" look at the reaction to kapernick not kneeling for the anthem he was "compelled" to stand for. did the leftists come after him? is this cancel culture? how about the texas law that compels government employees to renounce support for BDS? is this what the cancel culture warriors are upset about? 

the problem with this is that it's all just looking at trendy flashes in the pan, shit that gets people mad and generates a buzz. peterson sees dark forces on the horizon, maybe they've already landed on the shores, but he has jack shit to say about how this is just a wardrobe change for the corrupt forces of power already engrained in our society. indeed, he's constantly complaining about people who criticize power.

there are interesting and substantive critiques of how governments, hr departments, the media etc. are infected with this grotesque "PC" moralism but it's not coming from jpb. the fisher article i linked is light years ahead of peterson and you can probably watch like 1k hours of zizek videos talking about this kind of thing. peterson brings nothing to the table, he's just selling shit.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

the thing is, peterson does not only not have a coherent critique but when fused with his self-help shtick he's encouraging people to be politically demotivated. so, on the one hand there's an "authoritarian" threat but on the other hand he's telling young men to "set your house in order before you criticize the world" and to pursue what is "meaningful, not what is expedient." this is just political disengagement while there are "totalitarian" threats all around us. quite stupid to me.

following your demonstration, peterson's telling beta males to stop being such fucking losers first and only once they've done that, they can fight against the feminazi army. there's no contradiction in that, unless i'm missing something

6 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

following your demonstration, peterson's telling beta males to stop being such fucking losers first and only once they've done that, they can fight against the feminazi army. there's no contradiction in that, unless i'm missing something

how can you stop being a loser if you use cringe terms like "feminzai."

forever cucked

• Haha 4

oh you didn't say that was contradictary, i misread you. you said it was encouraging political disengagement

well personally i think it's a good idea not to care about politics if your life is such a mess and you're such a pathetic loser that no fucking woman would touch your wiener with a 10-foot pole. i'd say if you're in that situation, politics is the least of your concerns. get your shit together first and then we can talk white supremacy and whathaveyou

2 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

how can you stop being a loser if you use cringe terms like "feminzai."

forever cucked

the sarcasm went over your head it seems 

simp

also, 

4 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

feminzai

feminzai

• Sad 1
  • Burger 2

1 minute ago, Alcofribas said:
32 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

One thing is dearly missing from this thread though...

Expand  

these posts should be published by jordan b peterson

True!

I bookmarked a few of them :smile:

The year is 2021. Jordan Peterson sits in the green room of Madison Square Garden. He is on the Woke AF Philosophy Tour with Sam Harris and Stefan Molyneux. He is watching Harris through a monitor. Harris is on stage, manipulating one of those ASMR ear mics with a toothbrush. He occasionally whispers "islam must be eradicated" into the ears. The audience sits, rapt. Peterson gets up and walks to a wall with three candles to represent the pillars of Christian wisdom ; G.K. Chesterton, C.S. Lewis and T.D. Jakes. Peterson lights the candles and removes his shoes. There is thunderous applause through the walls. Harris enters the room, glides past Peterson, and inserts himself into a crevice in the wall. After a moment, three green bars appear on his face. On his forehead, the words "45% charged". There is a call to the room. Peterson breathes in, then walks out. A camera crew greets him near the stage. He punches the air, stops, looks into the camera, then laughs. He enters the stage. He sits on a sofa and looks out at the audience. Silence. He begins to speak. "Dostoevsky." Scattered applause. "Solzhenitsyn." Moderate applause. Peterson points at a man in the front row. "He's read the books, he's read them." Then he pumps his fist. "Orwell." Whoops and airhorns. "Derrida." Boos. Speaking louder. "Foucault." Someone throws a molotov onto the stage, Peterson kicks it away and it explodes. "CULTURAL." BOOOOO. "FUCKING." NOOOOOOO. "MARXISM." He collapses into the sofa. People are crying. Peterson sobs into his hand. "Post-modernism." People are holding each other. Peterson straightens his shoulders and yells. "Harry Potter. Pinocchio. Fathers. Sons." A chant begins to move through the crowd. Peterson stands and puts a hand to his ear. "I can't hear you." Sort it out. "I CAN'T BLOODY HEAR YOU." SORT IT OUT. He spreads his arms wide, then snaps his fingers. Total silence. He whispers. "bucko." The entire stadium explodes.

• Thanks 2