IGNORED

interview with Ian Anderson

Draft78

I believe there is already a topic dedicated to graphics: now I haven't found it, so I write this: eventually deleted and incorporated it into the already existing one.

Among other things, In this interview Ian Anderson talks about his relationship with S&R and the philosophical stimulus specifically related to ae, and the love for oversteps:

https://warp.net/editorial/reasonable-person-an-interview-with-ian-anderson?fbclid=IwAR1sKpJx1eULMucWR_HwklBLSi0yCtnMei2-iRFuYoX9fUfd6hYMnxY0QvQ

They’re now making software to generate sound. Is that less human than playing an instrument or more human than using existing software? Maybe because I studied philosophy or maybe just because of the way my mind works, I find these questions more interesting than the music. I like listening to music – I’m obsessed by music – but it inspires a response in me, not a creative thought.

ugh

So I asked the people in the studio to make seventy-two attempts at a perfect circle, some with paintbrushes, some were done with felt tip pens. So whenever you see a circle on one of the different formats, every one of them’s different. Every label’s different, every cover’s different, every different format is different.

nice

a nice read. i like the details about the making of the things.  "we have these conversations, but they really aren't necessary" 

Archived