IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

59 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

You think now that we've finally upgraded, that xltronic will rise from the dead?

It's still shambling along. Maybe that dubTURBO thing worked out?

2 minutes ago, oscillik said:

It's still shambling along. Maybe that dubTURBO thing worked out?

That, or a few people just keep sending money via PayPal to keep the lights on...

6 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

so mods and admin get special colors for their posts?

Just something I noticed was a setting... so far it doesn't seem terribly popular. Easily turned off if you're turned off :dadjoke:

BTW, did the sidebar on the forum index (showing latest posts) disappear for anyone today?

2 hours ago, chassis said:

All the old youtube links are embedded properly, that the only thing I've notice. Anything posted after the update has embedded properly.

Sorry, what? Do you mean the old YT links are NOT embedded properly? If so, that might be due to the rebuild (which reminds me, I need to get those on a cron job as they are moving s l o w l y (less than 1% posts rebuilt)...

1 minute ago, dr lopez said:

I could see it being ... possibly useful for OP but otherwise no need to fuel the already fomenting ivory tower resentment lol

Good point!

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Just something I noticed was a setting... so far it doesn't seem terribly popular. Easily turned off if you're turned off :dadjoke:

BTW, did the sidebar on the forum index (showing latest posts) disappear for anyone today?

yeah the mod coloring doesn't seem necessary, little distracting. could be useful if it could be turned on for like public warnings or locking a thread reasoning or something like 'alert' basically.

yeah the sidebar is missing some stuff now that you mention it. used to the 'recent status' thing there at least

1 minute ago, auxien said:

yeah the mod coloring doesn't seem necessary, little distracting. could be useful if it could be turned on for like public warnings or locking a thread reasoning or something like 'alert' basically.

yeah the sidebar is missing some stuff now that you mention it. used to the 'recent status' thing there at least

I just turned it off for us Admins and Mods... thanks for the useful feedback guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just added a new feature where long quotes get a "read more" link to expand (so huge quoted quotes don't donk up the flow, yeah?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

something's off with the font, it's a browser problem cause it happened to me before and i had to delete my cookies to fix it but with watmm is not fixing it so i guess it's not exclusively a browser option... it's all grainy? specially in the oblique stuff? anti alias is turned of? something like that... btw where's the preview post option?

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Looks like an issue with your browser / font set up.

I'm looking at this right now on a Surface Pro 6, with a High DPI display (running at 200% DPI), which is prone to having issues like this on sites that aren't optimised.

NuWatemm looks fine for me

Edited by oscillik
removed extra line breaks

yeah as i said i usually fix it by deleting my cookies but now it's not working... it's fine on google that's why i' pointing fingers at watmm...

If you're using a Chromium based browser, try this browser extension and play around with the font settings to see if it helps?

Edited by oscillik
I don't like that I can't use bb code anymore :-/

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

it's giving me problems with firefox, chrome is fine... :cat:

Ahh, in that case it's likely an issue with Firefox rendering engine tbh

29 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

not wanting to beat a dead horse but if i understand correctly it was indeed watmm's fault cause i just unticked that box and it fixed the problem... turns out that in firefox you can't let watmm choose it's own font...

Untitled.png

Ah, another reason Firefox is becoming a minority in terms of browser usage. What an utterly paranoid, stupid option to have in a browser. For decades designers begged for having more control over fonts on websites, and finally in the past 5 years or so we have them and work well, and Mozilla comes along and donks it all up.

Glad to see you got it sorted out - I'm still researching the Edit BBCode option...

Oh, and that quote reducer is working quite nicely I see! :smile:

thanks for that ?

dude, what about text font, size and color?

Ah, yes - I need to restore those to the editor as well. Hang tight!

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

?

still missing the option to cancel the post you started writing and decided you don't wanna post it...

Well, since there is no separate editor/screen for replying to posts, what would something like a cancel button do in that scenario?

The New Post screen does have a cancel button, btw

45 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Ah, another reason Firefox is becoming a minority in terms of browser usage. What an utterly paranoid, stupid option to have in a browser. For decades designers begged for having more control over fonts on websites, and finally in the past 5 years or so we have them and work well, and Mozilla comes along and donks it all up.

Glad to see you got it sorted out - I'm still researching the Edit BBCode option...

Oh, and that quote reducer is working quite nicely I see! :smile:

this is an apple-user mindset joyrex. it's a great future that gives control to the user (though it's on by default). that stuff is one of the reasons non-normies prefer firefox.

Edited by eugene

Just now, Tim_J said:

well i dunno, clean the window and close it...

btw, the alternate color between forums is misleading, i know bold text marks unread stuff but the greenish ones always fool me into thinking there's new stuff to reed... and the white-ish vice versa...

Untitled.png

I think you'll find the editor with a few more options now ?

Have you tried the Tomorrow's Harvest theme yet? Link to change themes is at the bottom of the forum index.

1 minute ago, eugene said:

this is an apple-user mindset joyrex. it's a great future that gives control to the user (though it's on by default). that stuff is one of the reasons non-normies prefer firefox.

LOL @ "apple-user mindset" and "non-normies" - I understand the flexibility and customization aspects, but for it to be on by default is just wrong (and not at least let users know of the option either way).

BTW I used to be a huge Firefox user before it became more and more bloated, and consumed too much memory, etc. It's gotten a lot better since version 60+, but it's just lost the plot at this point IMO...

2 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

Mobile still looks like ass

Which theme? I haven't done anything to WATMM Classic as of yet; trying to sort out a few of these issues peristing... and just saying "looks like ass" isn't very helpful - is there actually something besides aesthetics that is preventing you from using the site on mobile? That would be what I would want to put priority to first.

9 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

but for it to be on by default is just wrong

when it's on it means it uses website's fonts, not the other way around.

Edited by eugene

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i always preferred the classic watmm, the others are too fancy... i wish you had a pretty basic/clean one... like for mobile but for desktop...

yeah editor is coming back to what it used to be step by step, cheers!

i don't see the cancel button for the new post screen... actually i don't have a new post screen, it posts on the same screen... see below...

Untitled.png

I meant when creating a new topic, sorry. I hear what you're saying about a basic, no frills theme - working on it!

2 minutes ago, eugene said:

when it's on it means it uses website's fonts, not the other way around.

Ah, sorry - got it. That's good - I was worried they were getting a bit too paranoid with 'user control'. Odd though he had it on by default (unless he turned it on at some point and forgot).

The update is a bit of a crisis for you it seems TIMJ lol. 

godspeed my friend you'll make it through/in/on this. ❤️ 

Edited by StephenG
  • Like 2