IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

The view last post isn't working correctly when I use it on a thread I haven't looked at before. I know it might make more sense in that situation to just click on the thread title, but I have a habit of always clicking the view last post icon. When I do it on a previously unviewed thread it's taking me to the second-to-last or last page for some reason.

Its probably been mentioned, but soundcloud embeds are quite big (they are half of my screen tall) and they take ~half a second to load, which distracting when you are scrolling and they cause the page to jump

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, marsdesign said:

hey, my name has reverted back to what i registered as. is there no nickname option this time? i'd prefer to be known as milkyheart (my artist name) to avoid confusion

hey marsdesign, marsdesign is a much better name than milkyheart, would it be ok if you just used mars-design as your artist name from now on? I've hyphenated it..I can see a grammy with your name on it

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2019 at 5:41 PM, B1000 said:

what is error 3D161/G  whenever I try to download something :wtf:

Anything from Downloads, or a specific selection?

On 5/11/2019 at 3:10 AM, hello spiral said:

dark theme much better ty, round avs though :^/

Yeah, need to adjust that - again, just a basic theme I picked up for FREE to tide us over until I can get a proper WATMM Classic and WATMM After Dark themes going with our colour schemes.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:52 PM, Tim_J said:

doesn't look good to me... i know it's basically a preset but the plain white text in plain black background is really hard on the eyes... and the forums in the main page don't need the entire description together with the title imo... actually it works better in grid mode in my phone... 

btw, is it possible to have the quick links top bar scrolling down together with the page when scrolling down? to avoid having to scroll everything back up again to access it... someone already suggested it... would be pretty handy... thanks

You're talking about a fixed header - Tomorrow's Harvest has that

23 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

yeah, a dark theme with a lower contrast would be nice

Noted - might be better to just put time into a real WATMM After Dark theme than modify the stock one; we'll see

16 hours ago, markedone said:

Its probably been mentioned, but soundcloud embeds are quite big (they are half of my screen tall) and they take ~half a second to load, which distracting when you are scrolling and they cause the page to jump

Yes; I am looking at a plugin that gives more control over embeds like SoundCloud.

Joyrex, that 'mark site read' button is waaay too close to the 'unread content' one and makes me nervous. Can you move it away or possibly just get rid of it all together?

wtf is the point of that thing anyway? I remember clicking on it accidentally once on the old site, fucked up my browsing for days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Anything from Downloads, or a specific selection?

I get that error on all files, just tried about 10 different links and received the same error again :sad:

Sorry, there is a problem

File not found

Error code: 3D161/G

3 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Joyrex, that 'mark site read' button is waaay too close to the 'unread content' one and makes me nervous. Can you move it away or possibly just get rid of it all together?

wtf is the point of that thing anyway? I remember clicking on it accidentally once on the old site, fucked up my browsing for days.

+1, including the second part

16 hours ago, B1000 said:

I get that error on all files, just tried about 10 different links and received the same error again :sad:

Yeah, didn't have allowed file types (didn't carry over during forum upgrade for some reason). I've got some fixing to do!

17 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Dude, I can't 'child-proof' the site - the mark site read button (I find) is extremely useful after looking at unread content to basically mark everything I've looked at as read, so when I come back, only new stuff is shown. it's a two-part prompt if I remember correctly anyway...

13 hours ago, melancholera said:

+1, including the second part

See above for reasoning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news, everyone! </farnsworth>

@Mentions should be fixed now (give 'em a try), and all background processes are completed (at last), so search and other stuff should be working correctly - if not, please let me know.

• Like 1

Which of these new voting buttons decreases the karma counter? Is there still a downvote / negative Karma count attached to the sadface voting button? @Joyrex

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

14 minutes ago, o00o said:

Which of these new voting buttons decreases the karma counter? Is there still a downvote / negative Karma count attached to the sadface voting button? @Joyrex

No, no more negative points - it's either no points or only positive points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

If anyone's wondering how to do the Bandcamp embed:

Get the Wordpress embed code and grab the album parameter:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3974210800 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]

Next, copy just the album number and click the Bandcamp icon in the editor toolbar (next to the Spoiler tag) and when prompted, paste in the album number.

It's not as seamless as just pasting the URL, but it's a start.

Now, to get those SoundCloud player sizes under control...

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, MIXL2 said:

i can no longer find the rules? does that mean that the rules have changed?

are there no rules on this new watmm???

edit: sorry

https://forum.watmm.com/guidelines/

please read the guidelines

I'm also not seeing join dates so I have no idea who to tell "Read the Guidelines" to. :emotawesomepm9:

6 minutes ago, OneToThirtySix said:

I'm also not seeing join dates so I have no idea who to tell "Read the Guidelines" to. :emotawesomepm9:

I am looking at restoring the join date on the user post information - it was an addon previously and I don't know if there is an updated version for the new forum software.