IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

1 hour ago, andrd said:

Yes. It probably doesn't affect you since I doubt you have any restrictions on your account.  If I search for a term that gives me more than one page of results, clicking 'next' or 'page 2' will give me an error telling me to wait before searching.  It's done this since the forum upgrade.

Well, yes of course - I'll take a look at the Group settings which likely will control this (but shouldn't have changed since the forum upgrade).

1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:

[ocd]if I click on someone's soundcloud or bandcamp link (beneath their avatar) I will be directed to that site directly. I would prefer if a new tab opened[/ocd]

I think I can add a "target="_blank"" to those URLs.

• Like 1

I can't remember how it was treated before the upgrade, but now it seems to run a new search when you try to go to a different page in the search results, and since only EKT tier has no search delay restrictions it's running into that timeout for the lower tiers. 

3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Well, yes of course - I'll take a look at the Group settings which likely will control this (but shouldn't have changed since the forum upgrade).

@andrd - for some silly reason search flooding was set to 20 seconds! I've removed that so you shouldn't have any further issues.

@darreichungsform - Discogs/Bandcamp/SoundCloud links under avatars now should open in a new tab/window.

• Thanks 4

Sorry if already answered, but any estimation when the downloads will be back? (I know it was already pointed out on May and it's still showing the magical " Error code: 3D161/G") Hugs and kisses

1 hour ago, Uros said:

Sorry if already answered, but any estimation when the downloads will be back? (I know it was already pointed out on May and it's still showing the magical " Error code: 3D161/G") Hugs and kisses

On my list to fix - and add some new stuff that's come my way...

• Thanks 1

I've read the rules

You will not violate anyone's privacy. This includes anything about people on, or off the board. Violating this rule will result in the instant removal of your account, without any prior warning. Posting of personal information (whether publically available or not) is not allowed, as while you might not stalk someone to their place of residence, the weirdo who never posts but is always in threads just might, so keep that in mind.

I think this could be used to make B1000's ban permanent (if it isn't already). After all he posted pictures of other users. "Violating this rule will result in the instant removal of your account, without any prior warning."

37 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I've read the rules

I think this could be used to make B1000's ban permanent (if it isn't already). After all he posted pictures of other users. "Violating this rule will result in the instant removal of your account, without any prior warning."

His ban is permanent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love reactions to people's post. Just I dislike the emoticons you can chose from. In fact I would prefer no emoticons as reactions at all, instead I'd prefer actual posts as reactions. Posts that actually contain human thought and not a simplified version of the emotional world of a five year old.

Edited by darreichungsform
Just realized that I asked for actual change. I take it all back, change is never good

18 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I love reactions to people's post. Just I dislike the emoticons you can chose from. In fact I would prefer no emoticons as reactions at all, instead I'd prefer actual posts as reactions. Posts that actually contain human thought and not a simplified version of the emotional world of a five year old.

So some sort of mini textbox to type what your reaction is? Why not just quote the post then?

Reactions are meant as quick simple visual indicators that your fellow board members reacted to something; nothing more.

I find it little stupid that nowadays threads just disappear all of sudden. Just this week first the Monolith tape thread and now the Beatwife in new releases are gone like fart in the wind. imo, if it isn't full of some obscene offending shit, locking would be enough. Not so much talking particularly about the threads I mentioned above but just in general. There still may come some discussion or posts one likes to revisit etc. Just feels kinda odd if I can't be sure if the whole thread even exists anymore when I log back. Maybe some limiting about who can delete threads to mods and admins and with a good reason or something

Of course your forum, just my plug.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Uros said:

I find it little stupid that nowadays threads just disappear all of sudden. Just this week first the Monolith tape thread and now the Beatwife in new releases are gone like fart in the wind. imo, if it isn't full of some obscene offending shit, locking would be enough. Not so much talking particularly about the threads I mentioned above but just in general. There still may come some discussion or posts one likes to revisit etc. Just feels kinda odd if I can't be sure if the whole thread even exists anymore when I log back. Maybe some limiting about who can delete threads to mods and admins and with a good reason or something

Of course your forum, just my plug.

Well yes, unless there are obvious offensive posts in the threads then it seems bizarre that the entire thread is deleted.

Perhaps just delete the bad posts, reprimand the offenders and keep the thread active? Especially music discussion threads about scene stalwarts Beatwife and Monolith which I guess is the actual point of this forum.

Edit: unless of course Beatwife / Monolith requested that the thread was deleted, but that seems unlikely.

Edited by Soloman Tump

fwiw, I was mainly pointing the deleting trend since it seemed like a new policy to the forum in consequence of the new forum launch. I don't remember that our old watmm had any thread deleting anywhere even though there has been way more questionable stuff in the past. Now it looks like mods are trigger happy with their new delete button or something. And in cases when there really isn't any point behind using that. So was only wondering if this is now the new routine for lame ass threads and deleting will be commonly used method and we just have to swallow it. I still think very strongly it would be pretty lame. :cerious:

• Like 3

Sometimes hiding a thread from public view is better than locking it as locking typically generates more (sometimes misplaced) outrage over it.

Users who have EKT or EKT Plus subscriptions can also delete their own threads and posts, but we encourage that ability not be abused.

I strongly encourage anyone who has a concern about actions myself or the moderation team take to PM us - you can PM me personally, or include the mod(s) involved, and we can hash it out that way.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Uros said:

fwiw, I was mainly pointing the deleting trend since it seemed like a new policy to the forum in consequence of the new forum launch. I don't remember that our old watmm had any thread deleting anywhere even though there has been way more questionable stuff in the past. Now it looks like mods are trigger happy with their new delete button or something. And in cases when there really isn't any point behind using that. So was only wondering if this is now the new routine for lame ass threads and deleting will be commonly used method and we just have to swallow it. I still think very strongly it would be pretty lame. :cerious:

Agreed. If a thread is locked the mod can give an explanation why it was locked and at least we would know what's going on.

I’d like to file a complaint. Within minutes of the incredulous censure of the Dank Memes thread, I received a visit from a pair of gentlemen from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Mods abusing their privileges to send Mormons to my home is a complete breach of privacy. My thoughts and prayers are with all the helpless victims of today’s WATMM

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, yekker said:
8 hours ago, Uros said:

Agreed. If a thread is locked the mod can give an explanation why it was locked and at least we would know what's going on.

First, there's no new delete button - we've had the ability to hide/lock/delete posts/threads prior to the forum upgrade.

Second, the mods aren't "trigger happy" - we react when there's something to react to, not just for the sake of doing so. And if we do take action on something, it's typically for a good reason (or there is more to it than what you may see or know from your side of things). Granted, we're not perfect, but we try our best.

In my experience, the forum goes through periods where there's an increase in questionable threads and posts, people losing their shit over minor things, etc. - I dunno - retrograde planets, pull of the moon - who knows. We've tried (and I think for the most part been successful in) keeping WATMM from turning into a Shitposting Palace™ or worse by moderating where needed.

Also keep in mind the Mods are volunteers - they do this because they want to keep the forums a place where we can have a laugh, enjoy music, and make this as much as possible a place people want to come to, preferably away from other toxic environments online.

We'll try doing a better job of being more transparent about actions, and you can always PM me/and or any of the Mods if you have a question or concern.

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

First, there's no new delete button - we've had the ability to hide/lock/delete posts/threads prior to the forum upgrade.

Second, the mods aren't "trigger happy" - we react when there's something to react to, not just for the sake of doing so. And if we do take action on something, it's typically for a good reason (or there is more to it than what you may see or know from your side of things). Granted, we're not perfect, but we try our best.

In my experience, the forum goes through periods where there's an increase in questionable threads and posts, people losing their shit over minor things, etc. - I dunno - retrograde planets, pull of the moon - who knows. We've tried (and I think for the most part been successful in) keeping WATMM from turning into a Shitposting Palace™ or worse by moderating where needed.

Also keep in mind the Mods are volunteers - they do this because they want to keep the forums a place where we can have a laugh, enjoy music, and make this as much as possible a place people want to come to, preferably away from other toxic environments online.

We'll try doing a better job of being more transparent about actions, and you can always PM me/and or any of the Mods if you have a question or concern.

This is great and all but please stop sending Mormons to my house. My dog has eaten his fill already and burning flesh sends the wrong signals to the neighbors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3