IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

Is it just me or is the forum really heavy now? Whenever I open watmm my CPU goes to 100% and my fans start to whirl like a mofo, my laptop is quite old tbh but displaying a bunch of text and images should not max out my cpu right?

4 hours ago, th555 said:

Is it just me or is the forum really heavy now? Whenever I open watmm my CPU goes to 100% and my fans start to whirl like a mofo, my laptop is quite old tbh but displaying a bunch of text and images should not max out my cpu right?

no load issues here! 3% utilization here (and I'm running a youtube vid at the same time, I don't have a crazy good PC or anything).

That's really strange.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2021 at 12:19 AM, Tim_J said:

what about clicking the thread title and being redirected to the last read post? that was working before...

I notice the 'go to last unread post' star icon it also just goes to the 'Replies/Created/Last Reply/TOP POSTERS IN THIS TOPIC/POPULAR DAYS' stats bar that's usually below the first post on the last page, rather  than the actual last unread post. Possibly related ?

@JoyrexIs that add-in (the stats bar) possibly conflicting with the last read mod ?

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 3:06 PM, dingformung said:

1479014797_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-18um22_03_14.png.614bc122f952b1af1f0b0efbccae91a0.png

Can you deactivate this, @Joyrex? I have a way of sending every word in a separate message so this gets a bit annoying after a while.

Nope! Learn to type like a normal human and type full sentences and then submit.

5 hours ago, mcbpete said:

I notice the 'go to last unread post' star icon it also just goes to the 'Replies/Created/Last Reply/TOP POSTERS IN THIS TOPIC/POPULAR DAYS' stats bar that's usually below the first post on the last page, rather  than the actual last unread post. Possibly related ?

@JoyrexIs that add-in (the stats bar) possibly conflicting with the last read mod ?

Where specifically is this happening?

Errrr oddly it's back to normal again ?! Since, I'm not sure how long, clicking on the 'go to last unread post' (in any topic) would take me to the correct page but would scroll down only to just below the first post on that page (where the stats are shown). It knew where my last unread post was as it had the horizontal division showing the posts since I last visited - I just had to scroll down a bit to get there ?

17 minutes ago, dingformung said:

What a douchey answer. I asked you politely for a favour and now this. Shameful for an admin of a public forum.

Funny how that seems to come back at you... perhaps you should reconsider your approach...?

On 1/23/2021 at 2:28 AM, toaoaoad said:

Well this has got to be a glitch. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 12.24.52 AM.png

I think that has more to do with it only being 2 characters... most search engines don't handle that well as it would return potentially millions of results for words like to, we, etc.

22 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Capture.PNG

Yeah, I know... I'm working on a solution - the thing is if someone deletes an attachment that was uploaded to a thread, that image goes bye-bye...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I think that has more to do with it only being 2 characters... most search engines don't handle that well as it would return potentially millions of results for words like to, we, etc.

Yeah, I know... I'm working on a solution - the thing is if someone deletes an attachment that was uploaded to a thread, that image goes bye-bye...

so what, there's lots of dead image urls and links on the forum...

32 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

And that's a good thing you want more of?

couldn't care less, wtf cares if there's dead links in a one page thread from 2k10...... what i want is to upload more stuff, and right now i can't...

Edited by Tim_J

1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

@dingformung - seems stupid to allow people to delete things that could break conversations/context of conversations...

@Tim_J - try now :dadjoke:

try what? deleting them? or upload more?

edit: ok i guess you turned up the upload quota... thank... but i'd rather be able to manage my own attachments...

Edited by Tim_J

Just now, Tim_J said:

i can understand a limit.. what is stupid is the fact that you can't delete your own uploads...

As I said, deleting stuff results in broken images, conversations no longer making sense or potentially valuable info being lost...

I've adjusted some settings... let's see how things go. No need to delete anything, but no longer bumping up against space constraints...

Just now, Tim_J said:

try what? deleting them? or upload more?

You shouldn't have any space constraints... applies to KT and KT+ subs.

• Thanks 1