IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

Good evening IDMates

Not sure where to post this, so here we are. I kind of twigged that StephenG/Hugh Mungus hasn’t been around for a while, then I clicked on his profile and last visit was middle of August. Is everything okay with him?Just thought I would ask. I don’t immerse myself within a lot of threads so maybe in the dark about something?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/12/2021 at 5:57 PM, user said:

@Joyrex Is it possible your inbox is full? Sent you a pm a couple of weeks ago wrt my subscription.

No; just been swamped in real life. Sorry - I think I have replied since then though.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:26 PM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

ClipboarderTemp-46d52.png

Hmmm... so the icon doesn't show (FYI: this allows you to see all posts by this user in a thread) in the COVID thread, but does elsewhere? What is the COVID thread URL (since I know we have two)?

On 10/13/2021 at 1:53 AM, Dragon said:

@Joyrex this. it really does look like you can't see your PMs or your emails. can you let us know whether this is the case? you're not the ghosting type, i'm sure this is just a mistake.

As mentioned, just been busy with real life... sorry!

On 10/13/2021 at 1:36 PM, thawkins said:

I kind of agree with this post.

I like the thanks/heart thing because it gives me a quick way to thank someone for an informative post or give a thumbs up to something cool without posting something that is just "Thanks" or "That's really cool". Maybe a good move is to enable all smileys to be in reactions, maybe not. I think it depends if this feature is used in the WATMM community in a cool and innovative way, and right now it seems that it is.

A bunch of dudes giving each other little hearts is in - my opinion - the wholesome content the internet needs more of. ?

Agreed - it also allows people to agree or express their thoughts on a thread without having to actually reply, which sometimes is all that's needed.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:52 PM, thawkins said:

I did some quick experimentation in Firefox dev console: removed reactions and topic snippet text from the threads because I feel that this way only the really important information is displayed without overloading the viewer with insane amounts of information.

Yeah I know this is a little bit backseat driver mode, however if there is interest I could try and set up a custom CSS override that anyone can use so that no server side changes are needed.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 20.47.49.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 20.48.31.png

These are settings I can control I believe, so no need for custom CSS - good feedback though!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Joyrex said:

No; just been swamped in real life. Sorry - I think I have replied since then though.

Sorry to hear that. Haven't gotten a response yet, says it's unread.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:44 PM, toaoaoad said:

Ignored topics still appear on the main page under "general discussion" when they have recent posts

On 9/13/2021 at 8:36 AM, Joyrex said:

I'm at the mercy of the addon developer... let me see if he's introduced an update for this.

Just a lil bump to see if a fix for this has emerged

22 hours ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

Save posts? you mean like a "read later" feature?

On 10/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, toaoaoad said:

Just a lil bump to see if a fix for this has emerged

I reached out to the developer (again) - let's see what he says

• Like 1

Unsure if this has been mentioned before but previously were able to switch between different images in tomorrow harvest - there is a option to choose background but doesn’t seem to work 

3 hours ago, cobra said:

Unsure if this has been mentioned before but previously were able to switch between different images in tomorrow harvest - there is a option to choose background but doesn’t seem to work 

So you choose another background and it doesn't switch?

2 hours ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

IMG_20211021_113501.jpg

IMG_20211021_113417.jpg

IMG_20211021_113438.jpg

Ah, okay - There is an add-on that can do this - would anyone else have an interest in a feature like this?

17 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

So you choose another background and it doesn't switch?

Ah, okay - There is an add-on that can do this - would anyone else have an interest in a feature like this?

I’m unable to choose another background 

1 hour ago, Silent Member said:

No need for an add on to save posts, just print the thread.

take a polaroid and keep it in yer wallet. show it to your coworkers during friday mingle time

• Big Brain 1

Sorry if it's been covered but is the "display name history" still a thing? Can't seem to find it anymore on people's profiles.

With regard to "saving" posts, it's a forum and for all intents and purposes permanent, not some ephemeral 21st century situation. Wouldn't bookmarking a post accomplish the same thing?

I dunno if it's just me not knowing how to use the features, but I've never been able to quote a post in an edit.  Like if I've just posted something and realize I forgot to quote someone, I can't add their quote to the post in edit mode. If I select the quote it always starts a new post box instead of the one I'm editing. Happens with MultiQuote too. Is there a workaround for this that I'm just not aware of or is it something that needs fixin? 

1 hour ago, iococoi said:

any-ting on the bandcamp front? that hacky copy-paste routine feels like 1999.

Here's a thing I whipped up with to help with that, it's not optimal but eases the pain a bit, reducing the effort from four clicks, copy, change tab, click, paste, edit, click ? one click, copy, change tab, click, paste, click.

There's no truly optimal solution that wouldn't require any copy-and-pasting, because to pick up the release number (which is actually a WordPress internal id) the release page's HTML source is required - the number is not directly in the URL of the release; so any solution is required to copy-paste either the id (extracted with Javascript from the release page like with my bookmark thingy above) or the release page URL (so that the id can be extracted programmatically from the page's HTML source). There are more complex and complicated solutions, but they're definitely even more farther away from optimal because of the effort required to implement them.

How would you like to embed a Bandcamp release in the editor? If you describe it, I'll tell you how hard it is to implement.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1