IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

lol ok. there's a difference between annoying ads and a broken website and i don't think this will help attract new members, but you rock on if this is the way you want your website to be viewed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, QQQ said:

lol ok. there's a difference between annoying ads and a broken website and i don't think this will help attract new members, but you rock on if this is the way you want your website to be viewed

Well, new members are paying members and the advertising isn't visible to them.

Hi all

yes Joyrex you are correct I am using almost 100% of my attachment account! Now you or someone could kindly tell me how to delete them all ?

I just can’t see how to do it. I’ve had a poke about and can’t see how. I hate asking simple IT questions on watmm ?

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Hi all

yes Joyrex you are correct I am using almost 100% of my attachment account! Now you or someone could kindly tell me how to delete them all ?

I just can’t see how to do it. I’ve had a poke about and can’t see how. I hate asking simple IT questions on watmm ?

Click on your username in the upper right:

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.07.30 PM.png

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Click on your username in the upper right:

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.07.30 PM.png

Yep I click on My Attachments and I can see a list of all the photos I’ve posted up but I don’t see how I clear/delete them.

• Big Brain 1

If this a ploy to get more money out of me, it worked. For the price of a bag of sweets I am now a fully fledged cadet of the members plus brigade ?

In celebration of this I will blast all the ducks in the local duck pond TOO DEATH!!!!

? ? ?

C1F7255F-1920-4B7C-8AE9-346C134D6517.jpeg

Fly if you don’t want to die!!!!

Edited by beerwolf
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 2:03 PM, beerwolf said:

If this a ploy to get more money out of me, it worked. For the price of a bag of sweets I am now a fully fledged cadet of the members plus brigade ?

In celebration of this I will blast all the ducks in the local duck pond TOO DEATH!!!!

? ? ?

C1F7255F-1920-4B7C-8AE9-346C134D6517.jpeg

Fly if you don’t want to die!!!!

I need to check the Supporting Member settings - you should be able to delete them... but thanks for supporting the site!

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

BAT? Is that some new crypto?

Yeah, it is a crypto that works for Brave to have ads, but the users get paid for it.  But you can also send crypto to websites

image.png.98ff3dcbc322e03e35042d9b857e7264.png

I know it will not be much, but still its kind of a way to get easy contributions.

Afternoon, 

Hope everyone is good...

I've just joined and have technical issue related to updating the profile. 

It seems that my profile update page is stuck on the first panel and I can't seem to move to the next stage after saving.

Anyone?

1 hour ago, Beach Woods said:

It seems that my profile update page is stuck on the first panel and I can't seem to move to the next stage after saving.

It's been like that at least since I joined a couple of years ago, ignore the steps, just go through the sections in the left.

Edited by dcom

On 4/19/2022 at 7:50 AM, Beach Woods said:

Afternoon, 

Hope everyone is good...

I've just joined and have technical issue related to updating the profile. 

Anyone?

Do you mind providing a screenshot of what you're seeing?

On 1/24/2021 at 9:32 AM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

Capture.PNG

On 1/25/2021 at 7:48 AM, Joyrex said:

Yeah, I know... I'm working on a solution - the thing is if someone deletes an attachment that was uploaded to a thread, that image goes bye-bye...

On 1/25/2021 at 8:35 AM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

so what, there's lots of dead image urls and links on the forum...

On 1/25/2021 at 8:47 AM, Joyrex said:

And that's a good thing you want more of?

On 1/25/2021 at 9:19 AM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

couldn't care less, wtf cares if there's dead links in a one page thread from 2k10...... what i want is to upload more stuff, and right now i can't...

On 1/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, dingformung said:

Seems stupid to not let a user upload anything ever again only because they used up their upload space.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:25 AM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

i can understand a limit.. what is stupid is the fact that you can't delete your own uploads...

On 1/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, Joyrex said:

@dingformung - seems stupid to allow people to delete things that could break conversations/context of conversations...

@Tim_J - try now :dadjoke:

On 1/25/2021 at 9:27 AM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

try what? deleting them? or upload more?

edit: ok i guess you turned up the upload quota... thank... but i'd rather be able to manage my own attachments...

On 1/25/2021 at 9:27 AM, Joyrex said:

As I said, deleting stuff results in broken images, conversations no longer making sense or potentially valuable info being lost...

I've adjusted some settings... let's see how things go. No need to delete anything, but no longer bumping up against space constraints...

You shouldn't have any space constraints... applies to KT and KT+ subs.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:30 AM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

it's alright then,thanks...

@beerwolf

Edited by _vow_of_silence_

What is this security qr-scan bullshit?? 

I downloaded the app full of commercial and it didn't even work. And Im gonna be "supporting member" of this kind of crap?

To the one who implanted this function and runs this forum: FUCK YOU! 

20220430_213413.jpg

14 minutes ago, cern said:

It's for two-factor authentication, a security feature - you'll be asked for a code from an authentication app when you log in.

14 minutes ago, cern said:

I downloaded the app full of commercial and it didn't even work.

If you're on Android, Google Authenticator does not show ads, you've installed something else if there's ads in the authenticator app.

Edited by dcom

On 4/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, cern said:

I downloaded the app full of commercial and it didn't even work. And Im gonna be "supporting member" of this kind of crap?

To the one who implanted this function and runs this forum: FUCK YOU! 

20220430_213413.jpg

This is an optional feature, which you can turn on/off via your User Control Panel... or as it indicates in your screenshot, you can opt out of. As @dcom mentioned, Google Authenticator does not show ads.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:54 AM, trying to be less rude said:

would be good to have a "sent" view. there's no way to know if i already sent a message in a blackout.

image.png.3bbc16b21bd0c32d9efba402d560d4c6.png

I don't see a feature or addon that would show this - I'll keep checking and enable it if possible. I agree, this would be useful.

On 4/30/2022 at 10:05 AM, dcom said:

It's for two-factor authentication, a security feature - you'll be asked for a code from an authentication app when you log in.

If you're on Android, Google Authenticator does not show ads, you've installed something else if there's ads in the authenticator app.

Thanks... not sure why @cern is so angry - maybe this is like when you push on a door that is meant to be pulled?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wanted to switch from standard membership to members plus. If I buy the package now does it replace my old subscription or will I be subscribed/ paying twice?

3 hours ago, milkface said:

Wanted to switch from standard membership to members plus. If I buy the package now does it replace my old subscription or will I be subscribed/ paying twice?

You don't currently have a subscription

9 hours ago, Joyrex said:

You don't currently have a subscription

What do you mean? I have the standard $3 a year membership and $3 has been leaving my Paypal every year since I joined the site ?

17 hours ago, milkface said:

What do you mean? I have the standard $3 a year membership and $3 has been leaving my Paypal every year since I joined the site ?

You are a Member, which means you don't have an active subscription. I do see where an invoice for a Members Plus subscription was generated yesterday, but it is pending, so until it shows paid, you'll still be a Member.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1