IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

On 2/10/2023 at 12:58 AM, cruising for burgers said:
On 10/25/2022 at 1:40 AM, cruising for burgers said:

btw there's no "search this topic" option in mobile mode for android... can we have that? pretty please? screenshot is from desktop mode...

Screenshot_2022-10-25-01-41-12-547.jpg

If it's any consolation, it doesn't show up for iOS mobile as well. Not sure what effort it would take to have this on mobile.

it's been happening to me so I checked on other users posts and apparently when you press the enter key for a new paragraph, the line spacing is too big... check this out:

I'm only pressing enter one time and it looks like I pressed it 2 times... like the line spacing being 1 instead of 0 on a text editor...

android on every browser with several different keyboards...

not to mention the pain in the ass that is inserting 2 or more images with text in between... format gets completely fucked up... I mean, just try it yourself...

Edited by cruising for burgers

22 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

it's been happening to me so I checked on other users posts and apparently when you press the enter key for a new paragraph, the line spacing is too big... check this out:

I'm only pressing enter one time and it looks like I pressed it 2 times... like the line spacing being 1 instead of 0 on a text editor...

android on every browser with several different keyboards...

not to mention the pain in the ass that is inserting 2 or more images with text in between... format gets completely fucked up... I mean, just try it yourself...

SHIFT+ENTER

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

alright now we're talking... doesn't work with my default keyboard (Microsoft SwiftKey) but it does work with Hacker's Keyboard...
Thanks!

I didn't even know SwiftKey was supported anymore...

Just now, cruising for burgers said:

but this hacker's keyboard layout is quite shitty anyway... perfect formatting but key size, rows, arrow keys, pop up symbols everything is terrible... care to recommend some for android?

I don't use Android, so no help to you there. Sorry!

Trying Gboard right now... LoL same problems of Swiftkey...ffgg... If I don't finish a sentence with a period or a punctuation, pressing the enter key does nothing ...

Hdhdhhdfffffgfgdsdfjdhd.....

But the times I pressed enter are actually on the post, that's why the long empty space in the end of the post...

Jdhdjhfjf

so, I checked both these sites and aparently Gboard and SwiftKey are the best ones out there for android... do u think there's an incompatibility between some input settings on the forum and these keyboards? maybe something you can fix on your end? xda-developers is a quite reliable forum...

https://www.xda-developers.com/best-android-keyboard/

https://www.androidpolice.com/best-keyboard-apps-android/

19 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

Trying Gboard right now... LoL same problems of Swiftkey...ffgg... If I don't finish a sentence with a period or a punctuation, pressing the enter key does nothing ...

Hdhdhhdfffffgfgdsdfjdhd.....

But the times I pressed enter are actually on the post, that's why the long empty space in the end of the post...

Jdhdjhfjf

test

test.

test .

test,

test ,

nah, all good here.

swiftkeys->firefox beta->android 10->motorola

did you check under settings->typing in swiftkeys?

may be kill some of those options like Quick periode or anything that fiddles with spaces.

Edited by iococoi
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

so, I checked both these sites and aparently Gboard and SwiftKey are the best ones out there for android... do u think there's an incompatibility between some input settings on the forum and these keyboards? maybe something you can fix on your end? xda-developers is a quite reliable forum...

https://www.xda-developers.com/best-android-keyboard/

https://www.androidpolice.com/best-keyboard-apps-android/

I'm not supporting third-party keyboards... or any keyboards. If your device isn't standard and using widely-accepted norms for input, I can't help you.

• Farnsworth 1

23 hours ago, iococoi said:

test

test.

test .

test,

test ,

nah, all good here.

swiftkeys->firefox beta->android 10->motorola

did you check under settings->typing in swiftkeys?

may be kill some of those options like Quick periode or anything that fiddles with spaces.

Does the shift + enter works for you? 

SwiftKey

Hackers Keyboard

8 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I'm not supporting third-party keyboards... or any keyboards. If your device isn't standard and using widely-accepted norms for input, I can't help you.

But it is, it's Gboard, it's standard, not third-party I think... Came with android...

23 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

But it is, it's Gboard, it's standard, not third-party I think... Came with android...

@iococoiblockquote widget

^^^^^^^ that's the message i get when i try to delete a quite window... i can delete the text inside of it but the quote window stays there with that blockquote widget message...

can only delete quotes with hacker's keyboard ?

and no 0 line spacing...

just reinstalled SwiftKey, turn all shit off and still the same...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

Does the shift + enter works for you? 

SwiftKey

Hackers Keyboard

nah soft return/line break is not possible in swiftkey. 

On 3/1/2023 at 3:41 PM, Wunderbar said:

@Joyrex Are you a web developer ? Or do you hire someone to run this site?

I was a programmer, now in management but still do things from time to time.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:41 PM, cruising for burgers said:

GBoard is not standard on iOS - I don't think GBoard is stock for Android either.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:58 PM, toaoaoad said:

Hi @Joyrex I'm hoping you can follow-up on my previous questions, it's been awhile. Thanks

I did reply - nothing I can do to prevent YouTube embeds or other embeds from preloading (spoiler tags don't prevent the preload).

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

I did reply - nothing I can do to prevent YouTube embeds or other embeds from preloading (spoiler tags don't prevent the preload).

No I'm referring to my earlier question about the ignore function. You were waiting to hear back from the developer and didn't follow up from there.

Just now, toaoaoad said:

No I'm referring to my earlier question about the ignore function. You were waiting to hear back from the developer and didn't follow up from there.

Oh... they ignored me (no emails). Let me ping them again.

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

what is that anyway? stock?

What comes with your mobile OS as default

12 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

What comes with your mobile OS as default

I've told you Joy, mine came with gboard and swiftkey...

https://www.google.com/search?q=stock+keyboard+android

Screenshot_2023-03-06-15-27-27-983.jpg