IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

On 4/6/2023 at 2:49 AM, Freak of the week said:

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

watmm.thumb.jpg.f11a6557e66abf56198fd96eb3f2ca30.jpg

watmm pls

Odd - do any other Knob Twidders have this issue as well?

6 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

Is anyone else suddenly getting a crazy amount of ads? Three on the front page, overlaying actual links, another popup when you click a link? Makes the site near unusable on a mobile. 

A subscription will remove the ads. 3.00 USD per year is worth supporting the site, no?

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 4:09 AM, iococoi said:

sorry. did we loose iframely or something, cos lots of those embeds are now defunct with hugh "nothingnesses" all over the forum.

Examples?

12 hours ago, iococoi said:

In all those examples, the embeds are showing as expected - what browser/OS/device are you seeing this on? Is it possibly your ad blocker (which you should have WATMM whitelisted for since you won't see ads since you're a subscribing member)?

10 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

In all those examples, the embeds are showing as expected - what browser/OS/device are you seeing this on? Is it possibly your ad blocker (which you should have WATMM whitelisted for since you won't see ads since you're a subscribing member)?

i'm on the latest firefox developer edition for win10. ublock and cookie autodelete disabled - still nothing. it did work though, otherwise i wouldnt have noticed..

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Abuse

from@diatoms??? lol

but he can still make it, you must know how he does it but I have no clue... anyway not a big concern...

I'd really like to know how to embed Mixcloud shows though... something to do with an WordPress album ID or something like that, but that's for Bandcamp right?

help pretty pls... (⁠◔⁠‿⁠◔⁠)

edit: oh nvrmnd it's just a simple copy/paste from the desktop link... these fucking mobile https://m.xxx.com:facepalm:

Edited by cruising for burgers

20 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

from@diatoms??? lol

but he can still make it, you must know how he does it but I have no clue... anyway not a big concern...

I'd really like to know how to embed Mixcloud shows though... something to do with an WordPress album ID or something like that, but that's for Bandcamp right?

help pretty pls... (⁠◔⁠‿⁠◔⁠)

edit: oh nvrmnd it's just a simple copy/paste from the desktop link... these fucking mobile https://m.xxx.com:facepalm:

Yeah, the mobile URL is sometimes different (holdover from the mobile web early days), so unless the emed accounts for it, it no worky...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Tridact said:

I haven’t been around in a minute. How do I get back to my user name Scones to Die For?

Last time I used this one George W. Bush was president 

Subscribing members can change their display name.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:37 AM, roasty said:
C'mon, around 15 years in the game and still the loyalty to show up and engage. Just change his name lol

While participating is appreciated... the site can't exist without the bills being paid. This is why there are ads. If everyone who was a Member was a subscriber, there would be no need for ads.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 9:51 AM, Joyrex said:

While participating is appreciated... the site can't exist without the bills being paid. This is why there are ads. If everyone who was a Member was a subscriber, there would be no need for ads.

Can you tell which ads are performing the best?  Is there a way that you can run less of them and still bring in enough that supports the site?  Does subscription remove the ads?   

15 minutes ago, guidewire said:

Can you tell which ads are performing the best?  Is there a way that you can run less of them and still bring in enough that supports the site?  Does subscription remove the ads?   

A subscription absolutely removes the ads.

• 2 weeks later...