IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

Let's keep topics about the new forum limited to this thread - if it becomes a big thing, we could consider a subforum, or start up a bug tracking database (although there really shouldn't be any bugs per se)...

Seriously though - I would appreciate feedback and not simply "I don't like it", etc. on it's own - tell me why you don't like it, and more importantly, how you think it could be improved.

There are a lot of new features, so bear with me while I get my head around them all!

1 minute ago, andrd said:

The forum filter thing is a weird change, will take getting used to.

Will we get the ability to emoji react to posts?

Yes; I thought I turned that on - let me check!

Yes; there are icons at the top that can change the display type for you:

image.png

That's another feature I LOVE - no more having to upload images manually - things you copy/paste will automagically appear in the editor!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

Yes; there are icons at the top that can change the display type for you:

image.png

That's another feature I LOVE - no more having to upload images manually - things you copy/paste will automagically appear in the editor!

Oh okay, this is much better, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

Having the sidebar list of subforums indicate which subforums have new unread posts would be a plus, otherwise we're pretty much forced to sort by Recently Updated across the whole site.

There's another new feature called Activity Streams that essentially replaces the View Unread Content (or whatever it was called on the old forum)... let me see if that's turned on (it should be)...

image.png

Click "Unread Content" and you can configure the page how you like - please note that everything is rebuilding in the background, so some stuff might not show up there quite yet.

Just now, lecosmonaute said:

...it ooks like we lost display names?

Yeah, it was part of the conversion - you can change your Display Name though if you have an active subscription.

Just now, ghOsty said:

Really don't like the checkboxes either but "table view" seems to solve that, also needs a darker theme

Working on a dark theme as we speak - this was just one I hastily threw together so we wouldn't be stuck with the bright blue and white default theme...

2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I hope I can change the notification option sound - surely someone here can come up with an appropriate WATMM-esque sound for us to use...

Also, you might have seen me doing "@" with usernames prior to the forum upgrade - you can mention someone and they will get a notification (if turned on) that they were mentioned. For example:

@LOL Alzado - I wonder what he will think of the new forum...