IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

ahhh yes, please bring it back, pretty please...

Well, the Source button in the upper left does the same thing - I think the issue is it's not on/off like the old one was, right?

1 hour ago, tneuvm said:

almost positive that I'm the only one who feels this way, but I'm not a huge fan of the react/like/reputation stuff. feels like everywhere on the internet is a popularity contest now.

I like the idea of reacts since they don’t affect the way information is delivered here, though I wish they could be customized (thinking the cat emojis and whatnot).

Edited by Lada Laika
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, o00o said:

Any news for the Bandcamp embed?

Sadly because Bandcamp doesn't support the oEmbed standard, it won't work with the standard embed method and will probably require a plugin. I haven't given up yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adblock breaks twitter embed here as well. Firefox on osx. Everything feels slightly sluggish but perhaps because of db rebuidling?

Sigs are too big. Having mod posts with a different colour background is kinda obnoxious.

Edited by user

12 minutes ago, user said:

Adblock breaks twitter embed here as well.

Are you using uBlock Origin? Regular AdBlock (Plus) isn't recommended.

And yeah, the sluggishness has just appeared the past couple of hours; I assume that's due to some fiddling going on behind the scenes.

Edited by ManjuShri

2 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

And yeah, the sluggishness has just appeared the past couple of hours; I assume that's due to some fiddling going on behind the scenes.

Adblock plus, wasn't aware there are issues with it. Do you recommend I switch? 

Cheers, I just picked the one with the best no. of users to rating ratio a couple of years back and haven't checked other options since.

2 minutes ago, pcock said:

first post/visit on the new forum, already -23 in reputation. im apparently infamous. 

Hey man join the club ?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, pcock said:

first post/visit on the new forum, already -23 in reputation. im apparently infamous. 

-2k on your way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, user said:

Adblock breaks twitter embed here as well. Firefox on osx. Everything feels slightly sluggish but perhaps because of db rebuidling?

Sigs are too big. Having mod posts with a different colour background is kinda obnoxious.

The "recent topics" addon I installed seemed to be the culprit. Going to ask for a refund on that one!

16 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Definately uBlock Origin (and really, no need to run it here (whitelist us) since WATMM doesn't display advertising.

12 hours ago, Gyroscopic said:

Man, the forum's been really slow for me. Just logging in took me at least 2 minutes.

Yeah, it was the Recent Topics addon. I've disabled it.

11 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

The forum appears to be slower for me 

See above. All is well now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lots of weird graphics issues. quoted posts metadata needs to be dark gray not black. I'm talking about the header that says "11 hours ago, dr lopez said" No reason for it to be given as marginally smaller, same type and same color as a normal post. In fact I think it's even bolded which is insane. it's obviously secondary information and needs to be treated as such visually. poor design that wasn't in the older GUI.

also why isn't there a space between Gender: Male, Location: New York like there should be.

Right now it reads as 
Interests:having poopy pants.

Please add a space there.

Also quoting posts seems to be very hard to do. Often it won't let me quote you joyrex. don't know why. 

I'll get some more graphical gripes off my chest later.

also please change Eugene to eugene. Users, no matter their "subscription level", have the right to have their name the way it was before a forum update. Ridiculous to propose otherwise.

• Sad 2