Jump to content
Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

Recommended Posts

its all good man people are into badasses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pcock said:

first post/visit on the new forum, already -23 in reputation. im apparently infamous. 

-2k on your way

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where's that magic source button on top left? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, the forum's been really slow for me. Just logging in took me at least 2 minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting in the new forum thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forum appears to be slower for me 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, user said:

Adblock breaks twitter embed here as well. Firefox on osx. Everything feels slightly sluggish but perhaps because of db rebuidling?

Sigs are too big. Having mod posts with a different colour background is kinda obnoxious.

 

The "recent topics" addon I installed seemed to be the culprit. Going to ask for a refund on that one!

16 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Are you using uBlock Origin? Regular AdBlock (Plus) isn't recommended.

And yeah, the sluggishness has just appeared the past couple of hours; I assume that's due to some fiddling going on behind the scenes.

Definately uBlock Origin (and really, no need to run it here (whitelist us) since WATMM doesn't display advertising.

12 hours ago, Gyroscopic said:

Man, the forum's been really slow for me. Just logging in took me at least 2 minutes.

Yeah, it was the Recent Topics addon. I've disabled it.

11 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

The forum appears to be slower for me 

See above. All is well now!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was stuck on the login screen for like the last hour, just kept the tab going and it suddenly logged me in. I only do this for WATMM<3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

joy srsly bruv this is crampin my style m8 you gotta do smthn about it bro im srs here pls :cattears:

 

untitled9sj91.png

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lots of weird graphics issues. quoted posts metadata needs to be dark gray not black. I'm talking about the header that says "11 hours ago, dr lopez said" No reason for it to be given as marginally smaller, same type and same color as a normal post. In fact I think it's even bolded which is insane. it's obviously secondary information and needs to be treated as such visually. poor design that wasn't in the older GUI.

also why isn't there a space between Gender: Male, Location: New York like there should be.

Right now it reads as 
Gender:Male
Interests:having poopy pants.

 

Please add a space there.

 

Also quoting posts seems to be very hard to do. Often it won't let me quote you joyrex. don't know why. 

 

I'll get some more graphical gripes off my chest later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1hbjep.png

                                  2ntkty.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also please change Eugene to eugene. Users, no matter their "subscription level", have the right to have their name the way it was before a forum update. Ridiculous to propose otherwise.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tim_J said:

wait? what button? this is what i see in my editor...

Untitled.png

Weird, maybe it's a permissions thing - On mine it's to the left of teh B icon (super ancient reference only partially intended):

image.png

 

But yeah @Joyrex it's not saved as a default editor view, you have to click it every time you want to post using the 'non-formatted-post' mode. The new editor in the recent builds of ipb is definitely much improved though, in the previous version we had I would have real trouble dealing with nested multi-quotes and trying to remove the unnecessary posts in that quote!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think only moderators & higher ranks have access to that button at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd prefer the names of the posters in the quote boxes to be first rather than after the time they said whatever it was. If not that then a slightly different shade for the username. Makes it more difficult to see who said what a glance as it is now.

Edited by hello spiral
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

^Aye

Also I get the invalid url error when trying to post with an @ username tag, but it looks like JR and mcbpete can do it, so it may be a permissions thing.

Edited by ManjuShri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

I'd prefer the names of the posters in the quote boxes to be first rather than after the time they said whatever it was. If not that then a slightly different shade for the username. Makes it more difficult to see who said what a glance as it is now.

 

5 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

^Aye

Also I get the invalid url error when trying to post with an @ username tag, but it looks like JR and mcbpete can do it, so it may be a permissions thing.

yeah all of this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switching the Recent Topics sidebar to show 'who posted and how long ago' instead of 'who created the topic and how long ago' would be better.

Also it's somewhat sluggish in updating compared to the old one, dunno if that's fixable or not.

3vukbv.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

Switching the Recent Topics sidebar to show 'who posted and how long ago' instead of 'who created the topic and how long ago' would be better.

Also it's somewhat sluggish in updating compared to the old one, dunno if that's fixable or not.

3vukbv.png

 

So have it show the last person posting in the thread? Let me see if I can alter that or there is an addon that accomplishes that.

You're also going to have to tell everyone how you managed a dark theme as we currently don't offer one (yet) :dadjoke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a dark mobile theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

So have it show the last person posting in the thread? Let me see if I can alter that or there is an addon that accomplishes that.

You're also going to have to tell everyone how you managed a dark theme as we currently don't offer one (yet) :dadjoke:

Aye, that's it.

I'm using Dark Reader browser addon, it's pretty deece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

also please change Eugene to eugene. Users, no matter their "subscription level", have the right to have their name the way it was before a forum update. Ridiculous to propose otherwise.

Is it fair that only some of the members pay to support the forum while others (and sadly some who have been here more than a decade) have never paid? I think it's a fair tradeoff for users who want the flexibility to change their name (and save me the administrative headache of having to do it) to support the forum they obviously gain benefit from.

I don't want to turn this into a paid/free discussion, so if you want to discuss it further, PM me please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManjuShri said:

joy srsly bruv this is crampin my style m8 you gotta do smthn about it bro im srs here pls :cattears:

 

untitled9sj91.png

Christ, man - it's currently set set to 50 per day for Members!

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

lots of weird graphics issues. quoted posts metadata needs to be dark gray not black. I'm talking about the header that says "11 hours ago, dr lopez said" No reason for it to be given as marginally smaller, same type and same color as a normal post. In fact I think it's even bolded which is insane. it's obviously secondary information and needs to be treated as such visually. poor design that wasn't in the older GUI.

also why isn't there a space between Gender: Male, Location: New York like there should be.

Right now it reads as 
Gender:Male
Interests:having poopy pants.

 

Please add a space there.

 

Also quoting posts seems to be very hard to do. Often it won't let me quote you joyrex. don't know why. 

 

I'll get some more graphical gripes off my chest later.

I hastily put this WATMM Classic theme together; let me see about refining those issues. Good catch on the space between items - let me see why that is like that.

When you say 'quoting posts' do you mean via the multiquote button or the quote button, or the @mentions? I'm still trying to find the proper setting so everyone can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

edit: nvrmnd

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

have never paid

i did though, back in 2010 when you were begging people to crowdfund the whooping 50$ server costs that you could not afford for some reason.

Edited by Eugene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...