Jump to content
Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, oscillik said:

It's still shambling along. Maybe that dubTURBO thing worked out?

That, or a few people just keep sending money via PayPal to keep the lights on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

^ eugene paid too?

p.s. can a “quality content” be sent via paypal?

😜

Edited by xox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where's the 2160p option? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so mods and admin get special colors for their posts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

so mods and admin get special colors for their posts?

Just something I noticed was a setting... so far it doesn't seem terribly popular. Easily turned off if you're turned off :dadjoke:

BTW, did the sidebar on the forum index (showing latest posts) disappear for anyone today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see it being ... possibly useful for OP but otherwise no need to fuel the already fomenting ivory tower resentment lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chassis said:

All the old youtube links are embedded properly, that the only thing I've notice. Anything posted after the update has embedded properly.

Sorry, what? Do you mean the old YT links are NOT embedded properly? If so, that might be due to the rebuild (which reminds me, I need to get those on a cron job as they are moving s l o w l y (less than 1% posts rebuilt)...

1 minute ago, dr lopez said:

I could see it being ... possibly useful for OP but otherwise no need to fuel the already fomenting ivory tower resentment lol

Good point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Just something I noticed was a setting... so far it doesn't seem terribly popular. Easily turned off if you're turned off :dadjoke:

BTW, did the sidebar on the forum index (showing latest posts) disappear for anyone today?

yeah the mod coloring doesn't seem necessary, little distracting. could be useful if it could be turned on for like public warnings or locking a thread reasoning or something like 'alert' basically.

yeah the sidebar is missing some stuff now that you mention it. used to the 'recent status' thing there at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, auxien said:

yeah the mod coloring doesn't seem necessary, little distracting. could be useful if it could be turned on for like public warnings or locking a thread reasoning or something like 'alert' basically.

yeah the sidebar is missing some stuff now that you mention it. used to the 'recent status' thing there at least

I just turned it off for us Admins and Mods... thanks for the useful feedback guys!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just added a new feature where long quotes get a "read more" link to expand (so huge quoted quotes don't donk up the flow, yeah?).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

something's off with the font, it's a browser problem cause it happened to me before and i had to delete my cookies to fix it but with watmm is not fixing it so i guess it's not exclusively a browser problem... it's all grainy? specially in the oblique stuff? anti alias is turned of? something like that... open the bottom images in full size and compare the font...

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

 

 

 

 

btw where's the preview post option?

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

something's off with the font, it's a browser problem cause it happened to me before and i had to delete my cookies to fix it but with watmm is not fixing it so i guess it's not exclusively a browser option... it's all grainy? specially in the oblique stuff? anti alias is turned of? something like that... btw where's the preview post option?

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Looks like an issue with your browser / font set up.

I'm looking at this right now on a Surface Pro 6, with a High DPI display (running at 200% DPI), which is prone to having issues like this on sites that aren't optimised.

NuWatemm looks fine for me

Edited by oscillik
removed extra line breaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Looks like an issue with your browser / font set up.

I'm looking at this right now on a Surface Pro 6, with a High DPI display (running at 200% DPI), which is prone to having issues like this on sites that aren't optimised.

NuWatemm looks fine for me

yeah as i said i usually fix it by deleting my cookies but now it's not working... it's fine on google that's why i'm pointing fingers at watmm... i'm on my job's pc so there's not even cookies to delete cause this is always running in incognito mode...

 

edit: nvrmnd i just tested it in chrome and it's fine...

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

yeah as i said i usually fix it by deleting my cookies but now it's not working... it's fine on google that's why i' pointing fingers at watmm...

If you're using a Chromium based browser, try this browser extension and play around with the font settings to see if it helps?

Edited by oscillik
I don't like that I can't use bb code anymore :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oscillik said:

If you're using a Chromium based browser, try this browser extension and play around with the font settings to see if it helps?

it's giving me problems with firefox, chrome is fine... :cat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

it's giving me problems with firefox, chrome is fine... :cat:

Ahh, in that case it's likely an issue with Firefox rendering engine tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

btw where's the preview post option?

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

honestly, i'm really having a hard time editing posts, quoting, copy/pasting quotes, canceling a post i started writing, etc... please bring back the BBCode option... i'm dying here... took me like 30 minutes to reply back to these posts... :catcry:

 

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, oscillik said:

Ahh, in that case it's likely an issue with Firefox rendering engine tbh

no worries... 👍

 

 

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

not wanting to beat a dead horse but if i understand correctly it was indeed watmm's fault cause i just unticked that box and it fixed the problem... turns out that in firefox you can't let watmm choose it's own font...

Untitled.png

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

not wanting to beat a dead horse but if i understand correctly it was indeed watmm's fault cause i just unticked that box and it fixed the problem... turns out that in firefox you can't let watmm choose it's own font...

Untitled.png

Ah, another reason Firefox is becoming a minority in terms of browser usage. What an utterly paranoid, stupid option to have in a browser. For decades designers begged for having more control over fonts on websites, and finally in the past 5 years or so we have them and work well, and Mozilla comes along and donks it all up.

Glad to see you got it sorted out - I'm still researching the Edit BBCode option...

Oh, and that quote reducer is working quite nicely I see! :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Glad to see you got it sorted out - I'm still researching the Edit BBCode option...

Oh, and that quote reducer is working quite nicely I see! :smile:

thanks for that 👍

dude, what about text font, size and color?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

thanks for that 👍

dude, what about text font, size and color?

Ah, yes - I need to restore those to the editor as well. Hang tight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Ah, yes - I need to restore those to the editor as well. Hang tight!

👌

still missing the option to cancel the post you started writing and decided you don't wanna post it...

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

👌

still missing the option to cancel the post you started writing and decided you don't wanna post it...

Well, since there is no separate editor/screen for replying to posts, what would something like a cancel button do in that scenario?

The New Post screen does have a cancel button, btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...