IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

Apparently it's a pretty serious issue as they have elevated my support ticket to second level support because first level support is stumped... hopefully we get an answer soon!

Okay guys - new theme for those of you who cannot stand any sort of brightness: WATMM After Dark :dadjoke:

You can change your theme at the bottom of any forum page where it says "Theme"by the copyright info

forum.watmm.com_topic_96926-new-forum-discussionissues_page_20__tab=comments.png

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

21 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Okay guys - new theme for those of you who cannot stand any sort of brightness: WATMM After Dark :dadjoke:

You can change your theme at the bottom of any forum page where it says "Theme"by the copyright info

forum.watmm.com_topic_96926-new-forum-discussionissues_page_20__tab=comments.png

Mobile looks good m8. I came. 

Damn - really thought I was onto something... more research.

Also - for those of you pining for the old BBCode editor - turns out the new forum software abandoned BBCode in favour of HTML (and unfortunately for obvious reasons I cannot allow just anybody to edit HTML on the forum).

Also, for those of you who noticed the lack of an unlink button, when you create a hyperlink, you can CTRL (or CMD on Mac) + Right Click and choose Remove Hyperlink.

Dark theme needs a bit of work, contrast is too high, not comfortable on the eye at all, you should probably make it a bit more gray in places. E.g:

image.thumb.png.6b4c6945962185ab3c1501be94b31047.png

• Sad 1

Can't please everyone... to be fair, the Dark Theme is just a theme I picked up so those complaining about the current theme being too bright would have another alternative besides the Tomorrow's Harvest theme. WATMM Classic will continue to evolve as I have the time to tweak it.

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Can't please everyone... to be fair, the Dark Theme is just a theme I picked up so those complaining about the current theme being too bright would have another alternative besides the Tomorrow's Harvest theme. WATMM Classic will continue to evolve as I have the time to tweak it.

finally, I know what WATMM stands for after all these years...

small issue with dark theme on Edge (on desktop): reply box is white background still which isn't a huge deal but …but the text is also white. can't see a damned thing right now typing this until i highlight it. tested reply on chrome dark/classic theme, both okay, classic on edge works great, just dark theme on edge gives white text on a white box (invisible ink mode!)

Edited by auxien

hey, my name has reverted back to what i registered as. is there no nickname option this time? i'd prefer to be known as milkyheart (my artist name) to avoid confusion

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

its a pain in the ass to upload a new profile image, too many file restrictions like dimensions and size... can u make it simpler?

same with changing my password, too many restrictions, if i respect all restrictions i end up with a pass i'll never remember... it's not like somebody gonna delete the internet if they find out my password...

pass.jpg

Actually I agree with the password thing — too many people use one easy to remember password across all their online services. And if just one online service gets hacked, then the attackers have access to everything.

Use a password manager.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, auxien said:

small issue with dark theme on Edge (on desktop): reply box is white background still which isn't a huge deal but …but the text is also white. can't see a damned thing right now typing this until i highlight it. tested reply on chrome dark/classic theme, both okay, classic on edge works great, just dark theme on edge gives white text on a white box (invisible ink mode!)

That's really interesting... I didn't think anybody actually used Edge :dadjoke:

11 hours ago, marsdesign said:

hey, my name has reverted back to what i registered as. is there no nickname option this time? i'd prefer to be known as milkyheart (my artist name) to avoid confusion

You can change it in your account settings.

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

its a pain in the ass to upload a new profile image, too many file restrictions like dimensions and size... can u make it simpler?

same with changing my password, too many restrictions, if i respect all restrictions i end up with a pass i'll never remember... it's not like somebody gonna delete the internet if they find out my password...

pass.jpg

RE: Profile image - Are you talking about your avatar?

Sorry, but that's for your own protection - and I have no sympathy because at work I have an 18-digit password that I must change every 90 days, and I can remember it (type it enough times and you will - turn off "remember password" for WATMM in Chrome, and practice typing it over and over - after five times or so, muscle memory should kick in and you'll have no problems.

You could also store it securely in your phone behind a password-protected file.

Just be glad I didn't turn on Two-Factor authentication for you guys (but that really is overkill) ?

Most password rules are generally considered bad-practice in security circles, as are rotating passwords (which Microsoft is disabling as default from Active Directory now). The only good password rules are minimum length, make sure you don't use your name or email address, and more recently checking against password breach lists.

Edited by caze
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Joyrex said:

You can change it in your account settings.

it says i have already changed my nickname this year. ? which is true, but that one-time restriction did not account for the forum upgrade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

I'm on mobile now and i don't see any difference from a week ago... everything is chunky af... some users already mentioned it was looking slicker but i see no difference... 

dark mode looks good on mobile, less huge and oddly spaced