Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

1 hour ago, chronical said:

Loading the emoji menu makes my laptop freeze for a second (browser hangs and music stops playing), what sorcery is this? 

The sorcery is you need to upgrade y0 laptop, nibba!

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

this alternate color between forums still doesn't make any sense to me... tricks me into thinking some have new content and some have not... this is just me?

Untitled.jpg

Alternating colour patterns on grids is an age-old thing... what if I made it closer in colour to each other so you're not so easily fooled 😜

43 minutes ago, user said:

Papa, I think I love you.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 20.26.50.png

The feeling is mutual 🏩

Oh shit, @Joyrex added another Reaction

Agh! I can't react to myself!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 6

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Alternating colour patterns on grids is an age-old thing... what if I made it closer in colour to each other so you're not so easily fooled 😜 

please do papa... it's time to move on and get rid of the shackles of the past... it will look slicker most definitely, you'll see... trust me...👌

oh, and please bring our old emoticons to the top of the list, we have to scroll way down to find the kitties...

also, i still can't tag people with the @ function...

Edited by Tim_J

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

please do papa... it's time to move on and get rid of the shackles of the past... it will look slicker most definitely, you'll see... trust me...👌

oh, and please bring our old emoticons to the top of the list, we have to scroll way down to find the kitties...

I don't know if I can prioritize the emojis anymore... But I do think the popup list in the editor has a "recently used" area - yes, yes it does:

image.png

Okay - I think I got the Discord integration set up (much better than before) - link your WATMM account on the sidebar and you should be good to go!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I don't know if I can prioritize the emojis anymore... But I do think the popup list in the editor has a "recently used" area - yes, yes it does:

dunno why this is happening, but my emoticons are not displaying correctly, see below, and i just updated my firefox...Untitled.jpg.550abe3fb2d6563df8f6ce0fb3ae20ac.jpg

Jesus! Turn on the antialiasing!

Let me try in my Firefox and see if I get the same thing...

Okay; posting from latest Firefox:

image.png

Looks good to me man

What OS are you using? Windows 10? Mac? Linux? BeOS? OS/2 Warp?

win7 but this is the computer at work so, not gonna do anything to fix it... no worries... thanks!

43 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Okay - I think I got the Discord integration set up (much better than before) - link your WATMM account on the sidebar and you should be good to go!

Still need to be manually authenticated, would be better if that was dropped imo.

3 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

Still need to be manually authenticated, would be better if that was dropped imo.

You mean authenticated on the Discord side?

Posted (edited)

Aye.

untitled54jw7.jpg

Edited by ManjuShri

Okay - found the setting for that to turn off manual approvals.

How do you know you still need to be manually approved?

Testing to see if new posts do NOT show up in the Discord

Posted (edited)

^ Edited my post with a pic.

Hmm, still need to be authenticated as I cannot see or join any rooms, see the userlist etc. Maybe because I joined the Discord server when manual authentication was still required and it saved those settings or summat?

Edited by ManjuShri

1 minute ago, ManjuShri said:

^ Edited my post with a pic.

Hmm, still need to be authenticated as I cannot see or join any rooms, see the userlist etc. Maybe because I joined the Discord server when manual authentication was still required and it saved those settings or summat?

Have you linked your Discord account on WATMM?

yupyup

untitled2qsjgh.jpg

14 hours ago, Tim_J said:

win7 but this is the computer at work so, not gonna do anything to fix it... no worries... thanks!

I don't think Cleartype needs admin privileges - you should be able to turn it on at a user level (certainly the case here)

6 hours ago, mcbpete said:

I don't think Cleartype needs admin privileges - you should be able to turn it on at a user level (certainly the case here)

im not complaining about cleartype, my problem is that my emoticons don't display correctly... they're just black contours of the real emoticons... btw i always have cleartype off, even in my own computers, is it a thing to have it on? makes the font all bubbly and kind of unfocused...

image.png.cd8273bf42d4b3b91fd3f2f9441928ac.png

i've always wanted this feature in the search function but we still don't have it... is it possible to make a search for, per say, all my posts in a specific thread? like, i wanna find all of Eugene's posts in the thread Films Recently Watched [Part II]... please papi! :catrecline:

Posted (edited)

Maybe this has been mentioned already but I don't recall. The spacing is fucking weird. Pressing enter to make an indent but get a new paragraph instead. English bad so here picture. 

Blabblablabla

blabla

blablala

Edited by user
  • Like 1

use shift+enter for a single line break.
see?

enter gives you a paragraph.

I think it was always thus?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

i've always wanted this feature in the search function but we still don't have it... is it possible to make a search for, per say, all my posts in a specific thread? like, i wanna find all of Eugene's posts in the thread Films Recently Watched [Part II]... please papi! :catrecline:

+1

2 minutes ago, caze said:

use shift+enter for a single line break.
see?

enter gives you a paragraph.

I think it was always thus?

Really? Don't think it was. Who member?
Not a huge fan of this shift+enter paradigm, couple of other sites have it as well and it always messes me up.

• Like 1

probably depended which mode you were in, we only have the WYSIWYG editor now, but before there was the bbcode source editor too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, user said:

+1

Really? Don't think it was. Who member?
Not a huge fan of this shift+enter paradigm, couple of other sites have it as well and it always messes me up.

i member, twasn't... i recommended joypapa to change the paragraph size... i think generally evrthng's too big, i know it doesn't solve the paragraph size problem but i often press ctrl - to zoom the page out to 90%...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1