IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

6 minutes ago, oscillik said:

@Joyrex do you have the ability, as a mod, to make tag aliases? so like,  @poopypants can be made an alias for @dr lopez

LOL - as much as I would love to do that, there are no tag aliases in the forum software. I think I should set up a member group called "poopypants" and assign it to him :dadjoke:

• Burger 2

Lookee here - Joined Date is back!

And yes, I know there still isn't a space between the colon and the values of the other items...

Fixed that too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Where'd the themes go? I had the Tomorrow's Harvest theme selected, and now suddenly I don't and can't find the option to change again?

• Like 1

lol you can actually rep banned members 

also it don't show anywhere if someone has been banned (edit: still)

Edited by MIXL2

10 hours ago, Tim_J said:

227Kb are 227.000kb? is that it? maximum file size is 0.100352 megabytes then? isn't that too small? not even one megabyte?

Nah that's absolutely fine - It's just one thumbnail picture. For reference a (pretty damn exciting) picture this size is only 90Kb:

640px-Old_part_of_calne.size-_100_KB.jpg

4 hours ago, bitchroast said:

is it possible to disable the Center text options in the text writing tool from the system admin side ? 

Trust me, I've considered it...

5 hours ago, diatoms said:

Is there a way to quote someone

and not have the quote box

collapse

:aphexsign:

What do you mean? That was an addon we installed specifically so threads don't go on for miles and you break your fingers scrolling endlessly :dadjoke:

5 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

lol you can actually rep banned members 

also it don't show anywhere if someone has been banned (edit: still)

Why is this important?

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

about quoting, in the old thread when quoting a quote you woul get quotes inside quotes but now when quoting you only get one quote make it impossible to follow the entire conversation... 

Oh - you mean the endless quote nesting?

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

so, then, what's happening? i tried multiple files... just tried some more and i cannot upload anything over 100 kB... 

Because the files have to be under 100 Kb !

I *think* the upload limit may be slightly less that it was in the previous incarnation (possibly 200-300 kb). Guessing 100Kb is the default on a virgin Invision install and @Joyrex would choose whether to increase it or not ...

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

yeah, now that we have the collapse function we're alright, it's not gonna fill up an entire page anymore... 

I think they changed the nesting quote functionality... dunno if it is an option or not

Just now, Tim_J said:
2 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

I *think* the upload limit may be slightly less that it was in the previous incarnation (possibly 200-300 kb). Guessing 100Kb is the default on a virgin Invision install and @Joyrex would choose whether to increase it or not ...

or maybe the old forum had the capacity to compress the uploaded images... 

Ah! Found a way to do it  - instead of using the Quote button, highlight the text you want to quote (in this case I highlighted your post plus @mcbpete's quote you quoted) and viola!

2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I think it might be a per member group setting - that being said, I haven't changed that. Let me check.

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:
6 hours ago, bitchroast said:

is it possible to disable the Center text options in the text writing tool from the system admin side ? 

Trust me, I've considered it...

Why?

Have Fun

: )

4 minutes ago, diatoms said:

Why?

Have Fun

Because it's kinda annoying having to move your eyes to the centre of the screen to read your posts - see how you had to look for my text?

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

Okay - considering how long ago these member groups were established, they were set to only 100kb!

I've upped it to 500kb for Members Plus, 300kb for Supporting Members, and 1024kb for EKT and EKT Plus members.

33 minutes ago, oscillik said:

image.thumb.png.32be721488224c0467384bae92cfb2f3.png

Didn't realise they taught Arabic in the emerald isle

Traditional Japanese

Tues & Thurs

19:00-20:45

Public Library

9 week course