Jump to content
Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

Recommended Posts

Having a post's number being displayed on the top right was useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tim_J said:

i've always wanted this feature in the search function but we still don't have it... is it possible to make a search for, per say, all my posts in a specific thread? like, i wanna find all of Eugene's posts in the thread Films Recently Watched [Part II]... please papi! :catrecline:

Oh yeah that's some quality stuff :emotawesomepm9:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 11:06 AM, whosebrian said:

I received INVALID_URL trying to post a link from juno.co.uk. Also, the unlink button is missing.

I also tried to mention someone, the link worked by itself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@whosebrian testing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tim_J said:

i've always wanted this feature in the search function but we still don't have it... is it possible to make a search for, per say, all my posts in a specific thread? like, i wanna find all of Eugene's posts in the thread Films Recently Watched [Part II]... please papi! :catrecline:

You should be able to see all your posted content via your User Control Panel - you can also find a user's 'content' (e.g., posts, etc.) under their hovercard (just hover over their avatar). I did see an addon that I think allows you to filter a thread by poster - that might be interesting to have.

16 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Having a post's number being displayed on the top right was useful.

Oh, yeah - they did remove that, didn't they?

8 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

@whosebrian testing!

When you did it, did you get a little popup of matches as you typed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh fuck yes — I can use Ctrl+Return to submit reply again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Joyrex for some reason I didn't that time but I do. Then my phone autocompletes and I get Joyrex written twice, once with highlighted blue and once in plain text. I delete the @ version as it returns the invalid URL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently it's a pretty serious issue as they have elevated my support ticket to second level support because first level support is stumped... hopefully we get an answer soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

You should be able to see all your posted content via your User Control Panel - you can also find a user's 'content' (e.g., posts, etc.) under their hovercard (just hover over their avatar). I did see an addon that I think allows you to filter a thread by poster - that might be interesting to have.

yes i can search for my own content and also another user's content within a specific forum or subforum, but the option to search for my own content or another member's content within a specific thread doesn't exist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay guys - new theme for those of you who cannot stand any sort of brightness: WATMM After Dark :dadjoke:

You can change your theme at the bottom of any forum page where it says "Theme"by the copyright info

forum.watmm.com_topic_96926-new-forum-discussionissues_page_20__tab=comments.png

  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Okay guys - new theme for those of you who cannot stand any sort of brightness: WATMM After Dark :dadjoke:

You can change your theme at the bottom of any forum page where it says "Theme"by the copyright info

forum.watmm.com_topic_96926-new-forum-discussionissues_page_20__tab=comments.png

Mobile looks good m8. I came. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, auxien said:

Mobile looks good m8. I came. 

So dark theme with splashes of white? :dadjoke:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tomorrow’s Harvest  looks great on mobile 

Edited by o00o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, been super productive today getting shit sorted, let's see if BandCamp embeds work:

https://casinoversusjapan.bandcamp.com/album/frozen-geometry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn - really thought I was onto something... more research.

Also - for those of you pining for the old BBCode editor - turns out the new forum software abandoned BBCode in favour of HTML (and unfortunately for obvious reasons I cannot allow just anybody to edit HTML on the forum).

Also, for those of you who noticed the lack of an unlink button, when you create a hyperlink, you can CTRL (or CMD on Mac) + Right Click and choose Remove Hyperlink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark theme needs a bit of work, contrast is too high, not comfortable on the eye at all, you should probably make it a bit more gray in places. E.g:

image.thumb.png.6b4c6945962185ab3c1501be94b31047.png

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't please everyone... to be fair, the Dark Theme is just a theme I picked up so those complaining about the current theme being too bright would have another alternative besides the Tomorrow's Harvest theme. WATMM Classic will continue to evolve as I have the time to tweak it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

yeah dark theme feels rushed but is on the right path... thanks...

edit: i like the tomorrow's harvest could you make one like it without the background image... just a dark grey or something like that... the rest is perfect...

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Can't please everyone... to be fair, the Dark Theme is just a theme I picked up so those complaining about the current theme being too bright would have another alternative besides the Tomorrow's Harvest theme. WATMM Classic will continue to evolve as I have the time to tweak it.

finally, I know what WATMM stands for after all these years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

small issue with dark theme on Edge (on desktop): reply box is white background still which isn't a huge deal but …but the text is also white. can't see a damned thing right now typing this until i highlight it. tested reply on chrome dark/classic theme, both okay, classic on edge works great, just dark theme on edge gives white text on a white box (invisible ink mode!)

Edited by auxien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey, my name has reverted back to what i registered as. is there no nickname option this time? i'd prefer to be known as milkyheart (my artist name) to avoid confusion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a pain in the ass to upload a new profile image, too many file restrictions like dimensions and size... can u make it simpler?

same with changing my password, too many restrictions, if i respect all restrictions i end up with a pass i'll never remember... it's not like somebody gonna delete the internet if they find out my password...

pass.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, marsdesign said:

hey, my name has reverted back to what i registered as. is there no nickname option this time? i'd prefer to be known as milkyheart (my artist name) to avoid confusion

yeah it happened to everyone, you should be able to change it at least one time if you go to your account settings seeing that you've paid for the Supporting Member ekt package...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

its a pain in the ass to upload a new profile image, too many file restrictions like dimensions and size... can u make it simpler?

same with changing my password, too many restrictions, if i respect all restrictions i end up with a pass i'll never remember... it's not like somebody gonna delete the internet if they find out my password...

pass.jpg

Actually I agree with the password thing — too many people use one easy to remember password across all their online services. And if just one online service gets hacked, then the attackers have access to everything.

Use a password manager.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...