Use a password manager.

Any recommendations on one to use? I have about 70 passwords or so =/

LastPass 

• Like 1

my file has 227 KB... what's going on?

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, auxien said:

small issue with dark theme on Edge (on desktop): reply box is white background still which isn't a huge deal but …but the text is also white. can't see a damned thing right now typing this until i highlight it. tested reply on chrome dark/classic theme, both okay, classic on edge works great, just dark theme on edge gives white text on a white box (invisible ink mode!)

That's really interesting... I didn't think anybody actually used Edge :dadjoke:

11 hours ago, marsdesign said:

hey, my name has reverted back to what i registered as. is there no nickname option this time? i'd prefer to be known as milkyheart (my artist name) to avoid confusion

You can change it in your account settings.

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

its a pain in the ass to upload a new profile image, too many file restrictions like dimensions and size... can u make it simpler?

same with changing my password, too many restrictions, if i respect all restrictions i end up with a pass i'll never remember... it's not like somebody gonna delete the internet if they find out my password...

pass.jpg

RE: Profile image - Are you talking about your avatar?

Sorry, but that's for your own protection - and I have no sympathy because at work I have an 18-digit password that I must change every 90 days, and I can remember it (type it enough times and you will - turn off "remember password" for WATMM in Chrome, and practice typing it over and over - after five times or so, muscle memory should kick in and you'll have no problems.

You could also store it securely in your phone behind a password-protected file.

Just be glad I didn't turn on Two-Factor authentication for you guys (but that really is overkill) 😄

6 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

my file has 227 KB... what's going on?

Untitled.jpg

Where was this? What were you doing/trying to do?

Posted (edited)

Most password rules are generally considered bad-practice in security circles, as are rotating passwords (which Microsoft is disabling as default from Active Directory now). The only good password rules are minimum length, make sure you don't use your name or email address, and more recently checking against password breach lists.

Edited by caze
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Where was this? What were you doing/trying to do?

change my avatar...

1 hour ago, o00o said:

LastPass 

Thank you! 😃

I use LastPass, and I have it locked with a YubiKey as a 2FA method.

Posted (edited)

what is error 3D161/G  whenever I try to download something :wtf:

Edited by B1000
  • Like 1

dark theme much better ty, round avs though :^/

12 hours ago, Joyrex said:

You can change it in your account settings.

it says i have already changed my nickname this year. 😞 which is true, but that one-time restriction did not account for the forum upgrade.

• Like 1

I'm on mobile now and i don't see any difference from a week ago... everything is chunky af... some users already mentioned it was looking slicker but i see no difference... 

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

I'm on mobile now and i don't see any difference from a week ago... everything is chunky af... some users already mentioned it was looking slicker but i see no difference... 

dark mode looks good on mobile, less huge and oddly spaced 

Posted (edited)

doesn't look good to me... i know it's basically a preset but the plain white text in plain black background is really hard on the eyes... and the forums in the main page don't need the entire description together with the title imo... actually it works better in grid mode in my phone... 

btw, is it possible to have the quick links top bar scrolling down together with the page when scrolling down? to avoid having to scroll everything back up again to access it... someone already suggested it... would be pretty handy... thanks

Edited by Tim_J

yeah, a dark theme with a lower contrast would be nice

The view last post isn't working correctly when I use it on a thread I haven't looked at before. I know it might make more sense in that situation to just click on the thread title, but I have a habit of always clicking the view last post icon. When I do it on a previously unviewed thread it's taking me to the second-to-last or last page for some reason.

Its probably been mentioned, but soundcloud embeds are quite big (they are half of my screen tall) and they take ~half a second to load, which distracting when you are scrolling and they cause the page to jump

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, marsdesign said:

hey, my name has reverted back to what i registered as. is there no nickname option this time? i'd prefer to be known as milkyheart (my artist name) to avoid confusion

hey marsdesign, marsdesign is a much better name than milkyheart, would it be ok if you just used mars-design as your artist name from now on? I've hyphenated it..I can see a grammy with your name on it

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2019 at 5:41 PM, B1000 said:

what is error 3D161/G  whenever I try to download something :wtf:

Anything from Downloads, or a specific selection?

On 5/11/2019 at 3:10 AM, hello spiral said:

dark theme much better ty, round avs though :^/

Yeah, need to adjust that - again, just a basic theme I picked up for FREE to tide us over until I can get a proper WATMM Classic and WATMM After Dark themes going with our colour schemes.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:52 PM, Tim_J said:

doesn't look good to me... i know it's basically a preset but the plain white text in plain black background is really hard on the eyes... and the forums in the main page don't need the entire description together with the title imo... actually it works better in grid mode in my phone... 

btw, is it possible to have the quick links top bar scrolling down together with the page when scrolling down? to avoid having to scroll everything back up again to access it... someone already suggested it... would be pretty handy... thanks

You're talking about a fixed header - Tomorrow's Harvest has that

23 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

yeah, a dark theme with a lower contrast would be nice

Noted - might be better to just put time into a real WATMM After Dark theme than modify the stock one; we'll see

16 hours ago, markedone said:

Its probably been mentioned, but soundcloud embeds are quite big (they are half of my screen tall) and they take ~half a second to load, which distracting when you are scrolling and they cause the page to jump

Yes; I am looking at a plugin that gives more control over embeds like SoundCloud.

12 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

You're talking about a fixed header - Tomorrow's Harvest has that

so i guess it´s just a question of time until u implement it in classic theme yeah?

Joyrex, that 'mark site read' button is waaay too close to the 'unread content' one and makes me nervous. Can you move it away or possibly just get rid of it all together?

wtf is the point of that thing anyway? I remember clicking on it accidentally once on the old site, fucked up my browsing for days.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

just get rid of it all together?

No Don't 😞

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Anything from Downloads, or a specific selection?

I get that error on all files, just tried about 10 different links and received the same error again :sad:

Sorry, there is a problem

File not found

Error code: 3D161/G

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Yes; I am looking at a plugin that gives more control over embeds like Bandcamp.

excellent..