IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

On 5/18/2019 at 5:02 PM, Tim_J said:

papa already told us it's not coming back, this new forum doesn't have it and he's not gonna allow us to edit in html for obvious reasons... ?

@Joyrexdo u by any chance have my first original sign up date? around 2000's?

No, unfortunately I do not - I am assuming that was with a previous account?

On 5/19/2019 at 5:19 AM, MIXL2 said:

getting this on every page and also having problems posting (chrome browser)

wlvmakm.png

Yeah - our certs expired over the weekend, and we did have a cron job set up to auto-renew, but according to @chaosmachine, they may have gotten wiped when Apache was upgraded as part of the forum upgrade.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:57 AM, ManjuShri said:

Search is still borked (compared to the old version); if I search for the first Youtube vid id that moebius linked (Sezy - Go Ina It, [ABJSESmsy54]) in this thread, it turns up zero results:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/73587-watmm-lets-have-your-jungle/page/21/#comments

Useful for knowing if you're going to post a dupe vid in a thread.

Are you choosing specifically to search the thread, or the site? For example, if you click into the search box before typing anything:

image.png

23 hours ago, Tim_J said:

quoting these so that it doesn't get forgotten...

also, could u implement this @Joyrex, i wanna collapse (toggle) all that jazz... it was possible in the old forum...

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.14d22f9414c1925f1a4a756a44db60dd.jpg

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.ad6d56f46fef7d2e500de4fecc3cc5ca.jpg

I'll see if there is an addon to restore the collapse feature - I don't know if the sidebar has a collapse feature anymore since it auto-collapses based on your screen/device size.

3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I'll see if there is an addon to restore the collapse feature - I don't know if the sidebar has a collapse feature anymore since it auto-collapses based on your screen/device size.

Or if a mod mistakenly removes all the blocks entirely for everyone for a few hours thinking it'll just collapse that section for him :emb:

17 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Are you choosing specifically to search the thread, or the site? For example, if you click into the search box before typing anything:

image.png

Tried both.

Bit strange to see the WATMM twitter account repost a screenshot of a broken emoticon rendering window with the non-secure URL on top, without explaining what's going on at all.. That being said most of us are familar with the issue on here. Glad WATMM is running propa again!

I tried embedding an uploaded video in a post, clicked it twice by accident and now I can't delete the video(s) from the text box and every time I go back to the thread it keeps the embeds in there. Had some problems with deleting quotes before, not sure what the problem is here.. Maybe it's just Safari. chronical shrugs in outdated macOS hardware and software

1 hour ago, chronical said:

Bit strange to see the WATMM twitter account repost a screenshot of a broken emoticon rendering window with the non-secure URL on top, without explaining what's going on at all.. That being said most of us are familar with the issue on here. Glad WATMM is running propa again!

Yeah, that was Rupert, the intern - he's fired now.

Seriously though - I saw the post and retweeted it; I didn't actually know something was wrong with the site (again; we had set up a cron job to ensure the SSL cert auto-renews every 90 days) as I wasn't on the site the whole weekend.

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

i dunno, something happened around 2005, i guess the big watmm crash or something? so i guess yeah i signed up again and i remember you asking us if we wanted to keep our old post count (and probably also our original sing up date) and at the time i passed...

Oh, dang - yeah, that was ages ago when the host we were on suddenly went tits up and we had no backups, etc. (that is all handled now and we've been on this stable host since then).

12 minutes ago, chronical said:

Rupert you heathen!

Yeah, we knew something was off with him when during the interview he said 'night' instead of 'heat' :dadjoke:

15 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah, we knew something was off with him when during the interview he said 'night' instead of 'heat' :dadjoke:

I don't get it. Is that a knight joke? or a nocturnal pun? or was Rupert in heat? The mind boggles..

1 minute ago, chronical said:

I don't get it. Is that a knight joke? or a nocturnal pun? or was Rupert in heat? The mind boggles..

Okay *deep breath* - I'm going to assume you're not the biggest Aphex Twin fan (and that's okay... I think).

Assuming you have no idea what I'm on about, I would kindly like you to listen to the following and tell us what he's saying in the song:

Don't ANYONE tell him - let's see what he thinks the lyrics say...

On 5/19/2019 at 7:57 AM, ManjuShri said:

Search is still borked (compared to the old version); if I search for the first Youtube vid id that moebius linked (Sezy - Go Ina It, [ABJSESmsy54]) in this thread, it turns up zero results:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/73587-watmm-lets-have-your-jungle/page/21/#comments

Useful for knowing if you're going to post a dupe vid in a thread.

It looks like the search doesn't pick up on the contents of URLs (e.g., the ID of the YouTube video you mention - now that you mentioned it in text, I can search and this thread is the only reference to it.

I can see your point about how useful that might be in some circumstances, but I'm not quite sure that constitutes an issue per se...

3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Okay *deep breath* - I'm going to assume you're not the biggest Aphex Twin fan (and that's okay... I think).

Assuming you have no idea what I'm on about, I would kindly like you to listen to the following and tell us what he's saying in the song:

Oh this, yeah I'm well aware. Unfortunately I'm a tired afx fangirl that is no good with references.. ? These lyrics are quite good though.

Just now, chronical said:

Oh this, yeah I'm well aware. Unfortunately I'm a tired afx fangirl that is no good with references.. ? These lyrics are quite good though.

But do the lyrics say "come out in the heat" or "come out in the night" to your ears?

A future WATMM internship is at stake here

Just now, Joyrex said:

But do the lyrics say "come out in the heat" or "come out in the night" to your ears?

A future WATMM internship is at stake here

I hear heat, not sure how you could pronounce night like that. Njieeght?:huh:

Am I hired? This is of critical importance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chronical said:

I hear heat, not sure how you could pronounce night like that. Njieeght?:huh:

Am I hired? This is of critical importance.

it means you're sane, congratulations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I never looked up the lyrics to the song and always said "they come out and I eat". Thought it was a nice story about a guy who lives in a beetle infested apartment and eats them.. you know.. for protein.

okay so the main forum page is a bit redundant....main topper is 'recent topics' so the 5 most recently updated threads....but the sidebar 'topics' seems to be exactly the same thing? i think the sidebar used to be most-recently created topics....

also while on the subject I liked having the main topper 'recent topics' section be 10 (or more) deep, whereas it seems currently locked to 5. a bit silly since I can just click the 'all activity' thing, but others may prefer the old way too (if that's even possible now of course!) just throwing out ideas ?

Edited by auxien

15 hours ago, auxien said:

okay so the main forum page is a bit redundant....main topper is 'recent topics' so the 5 most recently updated threads....but the sidebar 'topics' seems to be exactly the same thing? i think the sidebar used to be most-recently created topics....

also while on the subject I liked having the main topper 'recent topics' section be 10 (or more) deep, whereas it seems currently locked to 5. a bit silly since I can just click the 'all activity' thing, but others may prefer the old way too (if that's even possible now of course!) just throwing out ideas ?

Hmm. On the old forum, the addon had a user-selectable number of topics to display... this one is only adjustable via the Admin Control Panel (the default is 5). Good catch about the sidebar topics - let me see if I can change that to something more useful. The difference though is the Recent Topics box at the top changes every 60 seconds, whereas the sidebar only changes upon page reload.

• Thanks 1