IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

Wisely I try to stay out of watmm politics and technical gubbins but just wanted to say I think a good job was done with the upgrade. Mobile version is massively much better.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, beer badger said:

Wisely I try to stay out of watmm politics and technical gubbins but just wanted to say I think a good job was done with the upgrade. Mobile version is massively much better.

that's a yikes from me bro

19 hours ago, Tim_J said:

on my phone, being it on desktop mode or mobile mode, it's impossible to delete spoiler tags... when i select the left up corner thingie in the spoiler tag to press delete, my keyboard goes away cause it's not selecting text... 

So if you put the cursor after the spoiler tag and hit backspace, what happens?

Is there a way to circumvent the whatsapp emotions so ":(" is that rather than ? ?

Kinda ruins the vibe and in another 20 years watmm can be an ascii bastion. 

oh, and all twitter things still show up as plain text.

Edited by user

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

nothing happens... it keeps there... it doesn't delete... 

Does for me - first backspace highlights the quote box, second nukes it

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

i do believe this option is also unavailable on mobile, cause there's no right click or ctrl+right click  on mobile...

No - on mobile at the bottom of the post window when you have pasted rich text, it gives you a link option to tap on.

29 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

For those wanting to adjust the # of Recent Topics - it is now done via your Account Settings:

image.png

image.png

fuckin' sweet, danke

• Like 1

I'm not objective here, I passionately hate this forum software. Bohemia Interactive (ArmA games) also switched to it some years ago and it sucks so often. Not sure if it is a problem here. My main problems are about posting/editing stuff in code tags. It's a mess.

1 hour ago, Wurstwasser said:

I'm not objective here, I passionately hate this forum software. Bohemia Interactive (ArmA games) also switched to it some years ago and it sucks so often. Not sure if it is a problem here. My main problems are about posting/editing stuff in code tags. It's a mess.

Care to elaborate/provide an example?

28 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

+100

most of the reason for using the BBCode editor before was that the rich text editor was really shit, full of bugs (especially if you were cutting and pasting, and then editing the pasted text, was easy to delete some hidden character and completely mess up the formatting of the whole post). the new editor seems a lot less shit, haven't encountered a problem with it yet.

25 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

1 - can't delete the code tags on a mobile, like i've mentioned last page...

2 - you have to move a code tag 2 measures in order for it to move only 1...

3 - i just quoted you and look how the quote tag looks like, 2 empty paragraphs after your line...

i bet there's simpler ways to implement these features, i mean, old forum was like what 10 years old? and it was way handy... no fancy stuff...

"Code tags"? You mean like for programming code? If you're talking about the quotes, I've mentioned that all you need to do is put the cursor after the quote box, hit backspace, and viola! Gone.

You also have to realize that a lot of your frustration on mobile may not be due to the forum software itself, but more due to your device's screen size, your browser, etc.

Also, the old forum's "mobile" skin was very, very limited - nowhere near the ease of use and functionality this one has. I can literally do everything I can do on desktop on mobile with perhaps the exception of pasting in images (I tried that the other day and was disappointed to find out it doesn't work like it does on desktop).

7 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i'm talking about the quotes and the spoiler tags, on mobile, you can't delete them, i've posted above the messages that i get every time i put the cursor where u told me to and hit backspace...

now this above is not on mobile, it's on desktop... look at your previous quote of me, there's empty paragraphs added by the editor after your quote...

Untitled.png

Just delete the spaces if they bother you that much?

What browser on mobile are you using?

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

i'm just saying, there's lots of bugs, not your fault i thought...

what about not being able to delete the quote and spoiler boxes on mobile?

And I keep telling you I can (can anyone else confirm)? Let me see if I can do a screen recording of it to demonstrate...

1E24275A-9B18-48AD-BFC1-639B0880EF7E.MP4

25 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

blockquote widget

edit: i can't, that's what i get on a sony xperia with android 8... 

Is that the stock Android browser (which I would assume is Chrome), or another browser? Do you have another browser to try?

I'm not too familiar with Android, so I don't know why you wouldn't be able to backspace and remove the quotes unless it was a limitation of your browser.

You can do it on desktop, right?

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

real desktop yes, but not on desktop mode on chrome on mobile... 

Really odd that Chrome on iOS can do it but Chrome on Android cannot... can any other Android users confirm/deny this?

18 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Care to elaborate/provide an example?

It's difficult. Basically, first I just write down classical bbcode tags "

...codestuff

". Now often I want to change things. There is no raw text view (which sucks) so I have to double click the code and get an editor overlay window. I make my changes there and this thing, after submitting, always messes with my code. Inserts word wrap IIRC. Also, if I make a mistake (like closing with "/quote" instead of "/code") it is always hard to correct that. Cannot remember why, but the UI based side sucks, I miss a raw editor. TBH have not yet looked if there is one here.

Jeeses. Now what I described happened in my prior posting. Exactly that is what sucks so hard. LOL. I wrote "[s p o i l e r][ c o d e]" without the spaces and now it interpreted it to code. That is totally clunky or maybe impossible to undo it. A RAW editor is needed badly.

Edited by Guest

do it..i was thinking of installing a dank machine @ local low-threshold DIY place..basically a 1 page-scroll-down-touch-screeny thing..could be feed by that archive..

On 5/25/2019 at 5:52 AM, Wurstwasser said:

Jeeses. Now what I described happened in my prior posting. Exactly that is what sucks so hard. LOL. I wrote "[s p o i l e r][ c o d e]" without the spaces and now it interpreted it to code. That is totally clunky or maybe impossible to undo it. A RAW editor is needed badly.

It only sucks because you're accustomed to using the prior iteration of the editor - now, it is much easier to compose/format posts. You can use common bold/italic/underline keyboard shortcuts for formatting (e.g., CTRL+B for bold on/off), and there might be more.

The editor integration with the forum software no longer supports BBCode, instead using native HTML. Unfortunately, we can't give people the ability to edit/write HTML for obvious reasons. Sorry.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:29 AM, custom knob said:

will dank memes archives be added to the downloads section

On 5/27/2019 at 12:47 AM, iococoi said:

do it..i was thinking of installing a dank machine @ local low-threshold DIY place..basically a 1 page-scroll-down-touch-screeny thing..could be feed by that archive..

I had mentioned we could bring back the Gallery and have a Dank Memes gallery...

The mobile theme wastes large amounts of screen space:

771D4A6C-B45A-4063-8125-B62CA5348AC1.thumb.jpeg.bc0e7e40c14dbb009637f9335cfb6479.jpegA66D745E-CC2B-4A27-B132-67F176F4149A.thumb.jpeg.e4bf0b2a8a98f0ed7b3099137d134076.jpeg

I marked show filters as well as it’s configured once and almost never used again