Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

yeah, cause, add...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneToThirtySix said:

No complaints if I'm permanently number 1. 😁

Unrelated: Is there a way to link the pop-up notifications to affect the notifications icon? I've clicked the pop-ups to redirect to the thread indicated, but it leaves the notice on the icon until I click it. Probably a personal preference, but effectively doing the same thing twice to clear notifications is a thing.

Yeah, that's unfortunately something I noticed too (it's a default feature). No way that I know of to "turn off" the notification icon if you've already responded to a notification.

I'm looking into why you cannot be repped, as I suspect this affects others as well.

• Like 1

I figured it out - because you had subscribed to EKT Plus and downloaded our compilation, WATMM Volume 1, it put you into a secondary group (so you could digitally download the compilation). That group was excluded from receiving reputation/reactions, and I guess that secondary group permission bubbled up to your primary group permission and took the route of least privilege.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

So you don't see the button at all on some users, but yet others? Can you screenshot some examples?

Some users yes the react button is missing. Did you change something though? I can react to him now at least! 

Just saw your response! 

Edited by StephenG
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

yeah, cause, add...

I'm actually ridiculously forgetful anymore, so I guess it's Adult-Onset ADD.

Have the BB Code option back for the reply box would be appreciated.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:18 PM, ManjuShri said:

Have the BB Code option back for the reply box would be appreciated.

papa already told us it's not coming back, this new forum doesn't have it and he's not gonna allow us to edit in html for obvious reasons... >:(

@Joyrexdo u by any chance have my first original sign up date? around 2000's?

what do you mean..seems to work fine here

getting this on every page and also having problems posting (chrome browser)

wlvmakm.png

same thing with safari

yup..security certificate expired today. had to put in an exception for watmm..

Posted (edited)

Search is still borked (compared to the old version); if I search for the first Youtube vid id that moebius linked (Sezy - Go Ina It, [ABJSESmsy54]) in this thread, it turns up zero results:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/73587-watmm-lets-have-your-jungle/page/21/#comments

Useful for knowing if you're going to post a dupe vid in a thread.

Edited by ManjuShri

Just got a https certificate warning

The cert expired today for me, too. Also this thread is completely unstyled for me, not sure why. Reloaded the page a few times with no luck. Probably related to the cert.

32 minutes ago, andrd said:

Also this thread is completely unstyled for me

yeah this - I guess the css file is still linked with https so its not used on an unsecure connection. had this issue in the past serveral times while building a website 

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, Tim_J said:
On 5/9/2019 at 11:57 AM, Joyrex said:

You should be able to see all your posted content via your User Control Panel - you can also find a user's 'content' (e.g., posts, etc.) under their hovercard (just hover over their avatar). I did see an addon that I think allows you to filter a thread by poster - that might be interesting to have.

yes i can search for my own content and also another user's content within a specific forum or subforum, but the option to search for my own content or another member's content within a specific thread doesn't exist... 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:52 PM, Tim_J said:

btw, is it possible to have the quick links top bar scrolling down together with the page when scrolling down? to avoid having to scroll everything back up again to access it... someone already suggested it... would be pretty handy... thanks

quoting these so that it doesn't get forgotten...

also, could u implement this @Joyrex, i wanna collapse (toggle) all that jazz... it was possible in the old forum...

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.14d22f9414c1925f1a4a756a44db60dd.jpg

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.ad6d56f46fef7d2e500de4fecc3cc5ca.jpg

Edited by Tim_J

Posted (edited)

nvrmnd, was testing ctrl + enter cause i didn't know what it did...

Edited by Tim_J

Posted (edited)

Came here to complain about the security certificate.  Using Oprah.

Edited by user

Yeah, same. Security has expired. Thought the watmm twitter account would have provided some explanations, but...nothing. 😞

Yeah I've been trying to post about it here for hours at home but I can't even make posts on Chrome. For some reason I can at work though, despite the North Korean level security filters lol.

image.thumb.png.aa59eccfb420aa8de05c7b8468c9fbee.png

• Farnsworth 1

Posted (edited)

^ @hello spiral Click on the 'Advanced' button, then click 'continue to watmm unsecurely' or whathaveyou, and you can get past that block page.

Edited by ManjuShri
  • Burger 1

I think Joyrex wants to steal our credit card data

9 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

^ @hello spiral Click on the 'Advanced' button, then click 'continue to watmm unsecurely' or whathaveyou, and you can get past that block page.

Yeah I did. But you have to do that with every page and I still couldn't reply to threads.

>fuck this

6 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I think Joyrex wants to steal our credit card data

Our calling him out on the bootleg paywall has pushed him to extreme measures :^)

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

the new microsoft edge beta (which is based off chromium, different to the standard windows 10 edge) only shows you the certificate warning once, unlike chrome which shows the warning for every page you visit. just checked firefox too, and it only warns you once as well. so use firefox or the new edge until joyrex updates the cert.

• Like 1