Jump to content
Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

Recommended Posts

Aye, only get one warning on Chromium too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

standard windows 10 edge also only asks once also.

Edited by caze
  • Burger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's firefox at work and it works fine.

At home I'll just abstain from watmm until it's fixed

  • Burger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh I hope this gets fixed pronto. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For chrome it keeps asking me for permission, but with FF as Hello Spiral said, IE, and avast secure browser it works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

idk it's pretty IDM to browse webforums without full security certificates

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, auxien said:

idk it's pretty IDM to browse webforums without full security certificates

😎

I like how it warns you the site is potentially malicious and people want all my bank details apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thers now  two dead web forums i frequent that dont have up to date security certificates. unnaccetable. Unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can you get banned now from having too much negative reputation? Someone mentioned it to me but he may have been kidding. Or does it just flag him/her?

30 minutes ago, mushroom said:

thers now  two dead web forums i frequent that dont have up to date security certificates. unnaccetable. Unacceptable.

 

Be careful, you're playing with fire here. 🔥

Edited by Brisbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i love you joutrex plz dont steal muh cookies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mushroom said:

i love you joutrex plz dont steal muh cookies

:cisfor:

Quote

:dadjoke:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firefox also giving me the warning here, on mobile and pc browser.  Looking at security settings for the page...

Quote

Have I visited this website prior to today?
Yes, 6900 times

:cisfor:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....and we're back !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 5:02 PM, Tim_J said:

papa already told us it's not coming back, this new forum doesn't have it and he's not gonna allow us to edit in html for obvious reasons... 😠

@Joyrexdo u by any chance have my first original sign up date? around 2000's?

No, unfortunately I do not - I am assuming that was with a previous account?

On 5/19/2019 at 5:19 AM, MIXL2 said:

getting this on every page and also having problems posting (chrome browser)

wlvmakm.png

Yeah - our certs expired over the weekend, and we did have a cron job set up to auto-renew, but according to @chaosmachine, they may have gotten wiped when Apache was upgraded as part of the forum upgrade.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:57 AM, ManjuShri said:

Search is still borked (compared to the old version); if I search for the first Youtube vid id that moebius linked (Sezy - Go Ina It, [ABJSESmsy54]) in this thread, it turns up zero results:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/73587-watmm-lets-have-your-jungle/page/21/#comments

Useful for knowing if you're going to post a dupe vid in a thread.

Are you choosing specifically to search the thread, or the site? For example, if you click into the search box before typing anything:

image.png

23 hours ago, Tim_J said:

quoting these so that it doesn't get forgotten...

 

 

also, could u implement this @Joyrex, i wanna collapse (toggle) all that jazz... it was possible in the old forum...

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.14d22f9414c1925f1a4a756a44db60dd.jpg

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.ad6d56f46fef7d2e500de4fecc3cc5ca.jpg

I'll see if there is an addon to restore the collapse feature - I don't know if the sidebar has a collapse feature anymore since it auto-collapses based on your screen/device size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I'll see if there is an addon to restore the collapse feature - I don't know if the sidebar has a collapse feature anymore since it auto-collapses based on your screen/device size.

Or if a mod mistakenly removes all the blocks entirely for everyone for a few hours thinking it'll just collapse that section for him :emb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Are you choosing specifically to search the thread, or the site? For example, if you click into the search box before typing anything:

image.png

Tried both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit strange to see the WATMM twitter account repost a screenshot of a broken emoticon rendering window with the non-secure URL on top, without explaining what's going on at all.. That being said most of us are familar with the issue on here. Glad WATMM is running propa again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joyrex said:
On 5/18/2019 at 6:02 PM, Tim_J said:

papa already told us it's not coming back, this new forum doesn't have it and he's not gonna allow us to edit in html for obvious reasons... 😠

@Joyrexdo u by any chance have my first original sign up date? around 2000's?

No, unfortunately I do not - I am assuming that was with a previous account?

i dunno, something happened around 2005, i guess the big watmm crash or something? so i guess yeah i signed up again and i remember you asking us if we wanted to keep our old post count (and probably also our original sing up date) and at the time i passed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried embedding an uploaded video in a post, clicked it twice by accident and now I can't delete the video(s) from the text box and every time I go back to the thread it keeps the embeds in there. Had some problems with deleting quotes before, not sure what the problem is here.. Maybe it's just Safari. chronical shrugs in outdated macOS hardware and software

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chronical said:

Bit strange to see the WATMM twitter account repost a screenshot of a broken emoticon rendering window with the non-secure URL on top, without explaining what's going on at all.. That being said most of us are familar with the issue on here. Glad WATMM is running propa again!

Yeah, that was Rupert, the intern - he's fired now.

Seriously though - I saw the post and retweeted it; I didn't actually know something was wrong with the site (again; we had set up a cron job to ensure the SSL cert auto-renews every 90 days) as I wasn't on the site the whole weekend.

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

i dunno, something happened around 2005, i guess the big watmm crash or something? so i guess yeah i signed up again and i remember you asking us if we wanted to keep our old post count (and probably also our original sing up date) and at the time i passed...

Oh, dang - yeah, that was ages ago when the host we were on suddenly went tits up and we had no backups, etc. (that is all handled now and we've been on this stable host since then).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rupert you heathen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chronical said:

Rupert you heathen!

Yeah, we knew something was off with him when during the interview he said 'night' instead of 'heat' :dadjoke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah, we knew something was off with him when during the interview he said 'night' instead of 'heat' :dadjoke:

I don't get it. Is that a knight joke? or a nocturnal pun? or was Rupert in heat? The mind boggles..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chronical said:

I don't get it. Is that a knight joke? or a nocturnal pun? or was Rupert in heat? The mind boggles..

Okay *deep breath* - I'm going to assume you're not the biggest Aphex Twin fan (and that's okay... I think).

Assuming you have no idea what I'm on about, I would kindly like you to listen to the following and tell us what he's saying in the song:

Don't ANYONE tell him - let's see what he thinks the lyrics say...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 7:57 AM, ManjuShri said:

Search is still borked (compared to the old version); if I search for the first Youtube vid id that moebius linked (Sezy - Go Ina It, [ABJSESmsy54]) in this thread, it turns up zero results:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/73587-watmm-lets-have-your-jungle/page/21/#comments

Useful for knowing if you're going to post a dupe vid in a thread.

It looks like the search doesn't pick up on the contents of URLs (e.g., the ID of the YouTube video you mention - now that you mentioned it in text, I can search and this thread is the only reference to it.

I can see your point about how useful that might be in some circumstances, but I'm not quite sure that constitutes an issue per se...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...