IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

Profile pictures now have rounded corners AND a border, which looks fucking stupid

image.png.186b29ad4d8da8fe7aa2255c53cbe9b9.png

Edited by oscillik
extra info, forgot to mention the border

On 6/3/2019 at 3:27 PM, Joyrex said:

Sorry everyone - something odd happened with the WATMM Classic theme, but I think I managed to sort things out. You can change your theme back via the link at the bottom of the page.

Ahhhh, thank you, I was having a hard time figuring out how to change it.

1 hour ago, StephenG said:

I think it looks better tbh.

Yeah I've noticed a few gradual tweaks to the way they appear in different locations over the past couple of days, but things have only gotten better so far.

6 hours ago, StephenG said:

4 hours ago, manmower said:

Yeah I've noticed a few gradual tweaks to the way they appear in different locations over the past couple of days, but things have only gotten better so far.

Taking away creative choices and forcing everyone to have a rounded square profile picture with a border, that's not good.

Same as forcing everyone to have a circle for a profile picture.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:35 PM, auxien said:

okay, but do you realize what i'm saying? literally every single POST to any topic on watmm is being autoposted to the discord channel. this is ....not good. new TOPICS from any subforum autoposted to discord? cool. makes sense. 

Yeah the discord server is basically just bot spam at this point.  It's back to the way it was when it was first enabled. 

image.thumb.png.04dde1d8c5fe3b7ea57a1fb88b16551e.pngspacer.png

Edited by andrd

20 hours ago, oscillik said:

Taking away creative choices and forcing everyone to have a rounded square profile picture with a border, that's not good.

Fair point, they used to be pretty freeform and I'm struggling to remember any restriction besides file size...

Also the aspect ratio is still messed up for a lot of members who haven't touched their avatars since before the update.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:35 PM, auxien said:

okay, but do you realize what i'm saying? literally every single POST to any topic on watmm is being autoposted to the discord channel. this is ....not good. new TOPICS from any subforum autoposted to discord? cool. makes sense. 

Ah! I see what you mean. I'll adjust. Sorry!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2019 at 6:18 AM, oscillik said:

Profile pictures now have rounded corners AND a border, which looks fucking stupid

image.png.186b29ad4d8da8fe7aa2255c53cbe9b9.png

Wow, strong opinions - did a box with rounded corners (and a border) do something to piss you off in the recent past?

On 6/7/2019 at 8:32 AM, StephenG said:

Opinions :cisfor:

On 6/7/2019 at 2:42 PM, oscillik said:

I can agree that a circle for a profile photo is limiting, but I can't see how a 4px rounded box is "taking away creative choices" - what would you say would be the most fair? any height in proportion to the width and no border/corners?

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Wow, strong opinions - did a box with rounded corners (and a border) do something to piss you off in the recent past?

Opinions :cisfor:

I can agree that a circle for a profile photo is limiting, but I can't see how a 4px rounded box is "taking away creative choices" - what would you say would be the most fair? any height in proportion to the width and no border/corners?

I'd say going back to how it used to be would be better, i.e. — no forced border, and no rounded corners. If someone wants that in the profile picture, they can put that there themselves. If they want a circular profile picture, they can do that. Transparent PNGs exist.

I really don't understand your stance here, where you agreed that circular profile pictures for all was a bad idea, but this isn't — it's an aesthetic choice that you're forcing on everyone, on a part of the forum that is meant to give the user creative freedom to use a profile picture…

2 hours ago, oscillik said:

I'd say going back to how it used to be would be better, i.e. — no forced border, and no rounded corners. If someone wants that in the profile picture, they can put that there themselves. If they want a circular profile picture, they can do that. Transparent PNGs exist.

I really don't understand your stance here, where you agreed that circular profile pictures for all was a bad idea, but this isn't — it's an aesthetic choice that you're forcing on everyone, on a part of the forum that is meant to give the user creative freedom to use a profile picture…

I see your point - when I was adjusting the theme and noticed the six (lol) variations of member photo display classes, I wanted something that fit the theme (a lot of the edges are rounded that I've been able to get to so far). I'll adjust the theme now and take off the border and rounded radius and they should already have a transparent background - if not I will make sure the elements have that.

Thanks for the insightful feedback!

15 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I see your point - when I was adjusting the theme and noticed the six (lol) variations of member photo display classes, I wanted something that fit the theme (a lot of the edges are rounded that I've been able to get to so far). I'll adjust the theme now and take off the border and rounded radius and they should already have a transparent background - if not I will make sure the elements have that.

Thanks for the insightful feedback!

Thank you for your attention, bye! :cisfor:

2 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Thank you for your attention, bye! :cisfor:

I feel so... used... so dirty... had his way with me and zoom! Out the door onto his next conquest

Didn't even kiss me goodnight

2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I feel so... used... so dirty... had his way with me and zoom! Out the door onto his next conquest

Didn't even kiss me goodnight

:catbed:

20 hours ago, ignatius said:

background image keeps resetting to default woodgrain thing. 

On the Tomorrow's Harvest theme? Do you have cookies disabled by any chance (I don't know if it's using LocalStorage or cookies to remember the theme background).

If anyone is wondering what he's referring to, on the Tomorrow's Harvest theme you can change the default background image by clicking on the image icon:

image.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

On the Tomorrow's Harvest theme? Do you have cookies disabled by any chance (I don't know if it's using LocalStorage or cookies to remember the theme background).

If anyone is wondering what he's referring to, on the Tomorrow's Harvest theme you can change the default background image by clicking on the image icon:

image.png

could be but i don't know. i think cookies are activated. i didn't even know i'd chosen a theme though ? 

18 hours ago, ignatius said:

could be but i don't know. i think cookies are activated. i didn't even know i'd chosen a theme though ? 

That was my fault - I had borked the WATMM Classic theme while making adjustments, so I defaulted everyone to Tomorrow's Harvest as a stopgap measure. You can change the theme via the link at the bottom of the forum page next to the Privacy Policy and Contact Us links.

15 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

That was my fault - I had borked the WATMM Classic theme while making adjustments, so I defaulted everyone to Tomorrow's Harvest as a stopgap measure. You can change the theme via the link at the bottom of the forum page next to the Privacy Policy and Contact Us links.

praise jebus!

Is there a way to get the status updates back on the right hand side of my screen (rather than the discord window)?

Wasn't sure if that was an option/theme thing, or if that was permanently removed.

15 hours ago, andrd said:

It's still doing it! 

Fixed - I had unchecked every forum/subforum, and apparently the app takes that to mean everything ?

5 hours ago, StephenG said:

Is there a way to get the status updates back on the right hand side of my screen (rather than the discord window)?

Wasn't sure if that was an option/theme thing, or if that was permanently removed.

Can you explain a bit more in detail? Not sure what you mean by status updates, unless you mean user's status updates?

2 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

Is there a way to get rid of that "Get more out of Knob Twiddlers by becoming one" banner if you're already a twiddle knobber?

You should only be seeing that in the EKT forums/subforums - you're seeing it elsewhere?