IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

12 hours ago, mushroom said:

how do i edited post

e: i guess theres a time limite??

Yes, for Members I believe it's 5 or 10 minutes after posting.

Is there a way to mark all of the notifications as read? If I don't click on them, they still show up bold in the menu.

49 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Is there a way to mark all of the notifications as read? If I don't click on them, they still show up bold in the menu.

This is a new 'feature' of the upgrade - apparently they don't get marked as read until you actually go and read that notification in the thread in question... not too many folks are happy about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be unable to add any tags to topics new or old. Adding hilarious or topical tags has been one of my watmm forte's, please get this sorted ASAP.   

33 pages, too lazy to search. Ignore if duplicate, I guess:

* The smiley editor is borderline unusable (because very, very slow) on a reasonable mid-range phone (Moto G5 Plus).

* It's impossible to remove smileys (say smileys that have been added by accident because of the issue above) on mobile (again on Moto G5 Plus, so mobile Chrome).

On 7/3/2019 at 1:04 PM, user said:

I seem to be unable to add any tags to topics new or old. Adding hilarious or topical tags has been one of my watmm forte's, please get this sorted ASAP.   

Are these your own topics, or others?

On 7/7/2019 at 4:41 AM, rhmilo said:

33 pages, too lazy to search. Ignore if duplicate, I guess:

* The smiley editor is borderline unusable (because very, very slow) on a reasonable mid-range phone (Moto G5 Plus).

* It's impossible to remove smileys (say smileys that have been added by accident because of the issue above) on mobile (again on Moto G5 Plus, so mobile Chrome).

Can you give a better example of "borderline unusable" - is it the layout, etc.? You mention loading - is this when typing a colon and then the start of the emoji name, or the loading of the emoji window?

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

one thing i noticed lately is that watmm is ultra fast... been using lots of shitty wi-fi connections and watmm always seems to load while other pages don't load at all...

yo @Joyrex papa u still tweaking the board? mobile version is still clunked as hell, at least with my phone's resolution... i posted print screens right?

still waiting for the option to collapse/expand certain boxes in the main page... i often use desktop mode on my phone and there's page breaks because of those left side boxes, support watmm, chatt room, etc... 

also, what about that magic search function? to search for a certain member's posts in a certain thread? soon?

all in all thanks for your great work, truly appreciated!

Switched WATMM to CloudFlare a few weeks ago, hence the speed increase. Making preparations to move storage to Wasabi for a big project related to EKT Radio in the works...

RE: Tweaks to the mobile board - yes, I haven't made any lately as I thought I addressed most of what you pointed out - are there still areas of improvement?

I don' think there is a collapse side bar option (addon or otherwise) but I'll check.

RE: searching for a member's posts in a thread - if you click on the search box, you'll get a dropdown:

image.png

Now, that doesn't have the option to search by member, but I will see what addons would accomplish this if there are any.

Read more  

Can you give a better example of "borderline unusable" - is it the layout, etc.? You mention loading - is this when typing a colon and then the start of the emoji name, or the loading of the emoji window?

It’s when opening the emoji window. This causes my mobile browser to pretty much lock up. This is on Android. iOS (iPad) is fine.

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

It’s when opening the emoji window. This causes my mobile browser to pretty much lock up. This is on Android. iOS (iPad) is fine.

have you tried the autocomplete feature? Try typing : then an emoji name like "dadjoke" and see if that's any faster.

4 hours ago, Tim_J said:

ctrl+right click ----> paste

ctrl+right click ----> paste without formatting

is not working for me... i get the message to use it, but when i select one of the 2 options, nothing is pasted...

Is this on mobile, or desktop? Is this in Chrome, or another browser (on desktop)?

You should get a prompt at the bottom of the editor window with a link to click and change to paste as plain text:

image.png

For embeds, it will say "Display as a link", but for formatted text, it should say:

image.png

is not working for me... i get the message to use it, but when i select one of the 2 options, nothing is pasted...

Just now, chassis said:

Is there way on the "unread content" feed to click to "go to" directly the post you see appear?

Yeah, click the timestamp (Just now/X minutes ago/...) to go to that exact post. Or the symbol before the title for first unread.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

so, on mobile version you have the option to 'content search - - - - >search by author' but you still have to enter a search term... the idea was to search everything by that author in that specific thread... 

chrome on desktop... 

image.png

:dadjoke: - your command is my wish!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i'm still unable to resize images, last time i remember i clicked on them and then i could resize them using its borders, right now when clicking on them they just get selected blue...

other thing i just noticed is that it's a pain in the ass to delete your own attachments... i needed to delete some cause i couldn't upload more images so i went to my content and had to go thread by thread, post by post, edit each post, and deleting the images on those posts... took me a long time and i wonder how someone who doesn't have a subscription could do it, cause, u know, without subscription u cannot edit your own posts in order to delete the images... i think there might be an option to thick little boxes on your content page and then delete the files in a bulk...

You can delete uploaded content via your User Control Panel:

image.png

As for the image resizing - CTRL+Right Click and choose Edit Image:

image.png

image.png

This post is seriously meta since I've created three pasted in images, before posting!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

nahhh, not working for me, i told you, i go there and from there all i can do is click on the thread where the attachment is posted and be redirected there... no option to select/delete whatsoever...

right, but that's not as practical as resizing it with the mouse, where did that option go, why did you take it away bro?

Oh, you're right - that's a bit of a useless page if you wanted to remove content...

That being said though - why would you want to remove large amounts of things you post?

5 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

right, but that's not as practical as resizing it with the mouse, where did that option go, why did you take it away bro?

I didn't - might have been the 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 (current version) update. I'll see if there's possibly a setting.

1 minute ago, Rubin Farr said:

Do tags always default to lower case?  Even previously loaded tags revert to lower case in new threads.

Yes - I believe that might be a setting I can change...

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

cause i can only upload 30 MB's in total and right now i wanted to upload some new image and i could not... so i decided to delete like 10 of my old files...

Ah, gotcha - I need to increase all the limits for the groups to modern values... in fact, I just increased it to 100 MB for Members Plus

Scratch that, 200 MB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim_J said:

there's still an unaddressed post of mine in the end of page 33... i'm not bitching, just trying to fix every little detail...

I see that you were able to post a link as plain text - does that mean the issue is resolved for you?