Jump to content
Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

Recommended Posts

No issues here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, sorry 'bout that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thx for the tweet! was helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

how do i edited post

 

e: i guess theres a time limite??

Edited by mushroom
i mean what the hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mushroom said:

how do i edited post

 

e: i guess theres a time limite??

Yes, for Members I believe it's 5 or 10 minutes after posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to mark all of the notifications as read? If I don't click on them, they still show up bold in the menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Is there a way to mark all of the notifications as read? If I don't click on them, they still show up bold in the menu.

This is a new 'feature' of the upgrade - apparently they don't get marked as read until you actually go and read that notification in the thread in question... not too many folks are happy about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be unable to add any tags to topics new or old. Adding hilarious or topical tags has been one of my watmm forte's, please get this sorted ASAP.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 pages, too lazy to search. Ignore if duplicate, I guess:

* The smiley editor is borderline unusable (because very, very slow) on a reasonable mid-range phone (Moto G5 Plus).

* It's impossible to remove smileys (say smileys that have been added by accident because of the issue above) on mobile (again on Moto G5 Plus, so mobile Chrome).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one thing i noticed lately is that watmm is ultra fast... been using lots of shitty wi-fi connections and watmm always seems to load while other pages don't load at all...

yo @Joyrex papa u still tweaking the board? mobile version is still clunked as hell, at least with my phone's resolution... i posted print screens right?

still waiting for the option to collapse/expand certain boxes in the main page... i often use desktop mode on my phone and there's page breaks because of those left side boxes, support watmm, chatt room, etc... 

also, what about that magic search function? to search for a certain member's posts in a certain thread? soon?

all in all thanks for your great work, truly appreciated!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 1:04 PM, user said:

I seem to be unable to add any tags to topics new or old. Adding hilarious or topical tags has been one of my watmm forte's, please get this sorted ASAP.   

Are these your own topics, or others?

On 7/7/2019 at 4:41 AM, rhmilo said:

33 pages, too lazy to search. Ignore if duplicate, I guess:

* The smiley editor is borderline unusable (because very, very slow) on a reasonable mid-range phone (Moto G5 Plus).

* It's impossible to remove smileys (say smileys that have been added by accident because of the issue above) on mobile (again on Moto G5 Plus, so mobile Chrome).

Can you give a better example of "borderline unusable" - is it the layout, etc.? You mention loading - is this when typing a colon and then the start of the emoji name, or the loading of the emoji window?

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

one thing i noticed lately is that watmm is ultra fast... been using lots of shitty wi-fi connections and watmm always seems to load while other pages don't load at all...

yo @Joyrex papa u still tweaking the board? mobile version is still clunked as hell, at least with my phone's resolution... i posted print screens right?

still waiting for the option to collapse/expand certain boxes in the main page... i often use desktop mode on my phone and there's page breaks because of those left side boxes, support watmm, chatt room, etc... 

also, what about that magic search function? to search for a certain member's posts in a certain thread? soon?

all in all thanks for your great work, truly appreciated!

 

Switched WATMM to CloudFlare a few weeks ago, hence the speed increase. Making preparations to move storage to Wasabi for a big project related to EKT Radio in the works...

RE: Tweaks to the mobile board - yes, I haven't made any lately as I thought I addressed most of what you pointed out - are there still areas of improvement?

I don' think there is a collapse side bar option (addon or otherwise) but I'll check.

RE: searching for a member's posts in a thread - if you click on the search box, you'll get a dropdown:

image.png

Now, that doesn't have the option to search by member, but I will see what addons would accomplish this if there are any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

a big project related to EKT Radio in the works...

Boards of Canada web-stream, live from the bunker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oscillik said:

Boards of Canada web-stream, live from the bunker.

That's scheduled for April 2020 :dadjoke:

  • Burger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I don' think there is a collapse side bar option (addon or otherwise) but I'll check.

thanks

27 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Now, that doesn't have the option to search by member, but I will see what addons would accomplish this if there are any

thanks

27 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

RE: Tweaks to the mobile board - yes, I haven't made any lately as I thought I addressed most of what you pointed out - are there still areas of improvement?

i dunno, i still think it could benefit from some font size reductions or shortening the forums descriptions... but maybe it's impossible to please everyone's phone...

edit: dunno what happened in the meantime but not long ago i was able to resize the images i posted but right now every time i click them they just get blue/selected...

Screenshot_20190708-122129.thumb.png.b493f81868e5230a92dd734fb0bfcf1e.png Screenshot_20190708-122047.thumb.png.de1b7bda99c49e9bbb1a859c52870797.png

Screenshot_20190708-122057.thumb.png.067288d887a13f45d7903e653f4a3475.png Screenshot_20190708-122106.thumb.png.317d4a6749aaa35d48f8b119a9085da5.png

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

* The smiley editor is borderline unusable (because very, very slow) on a reasonable mid-range phone (Moto G5 Plus).

* It's impossible to remove smileys (say smileys that have been added by accident because of the issue above) on mobile (again on Moto G5 Plus, so mobile Chrome).

Read more  

Can you give a better example of "borderline unusable" - is it the layout, etc.? You mention loading - is this when typing a colon and then the start of the emoji name, or the loading of the emoji window?

It’s when opening the emoji window. This causes my mobile browser to pretty much lock up. This is on Android. iOS (iPad) is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

ctrl+right click ----> paste

ctrl+right click ----> paste without formatting

is not working for me... i get the message to use it, but when i select one of the 2 options, nothing is pasted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

It’s when opening the emoji window. This causes my mobile browser to pretty much lock up. This is on Android. iOS (iPad) is fine.

have you tried the autocomplete feature? Try typing : then an emoji name like "dadjoke" and see if that's any faster.

4 hours ago, Tim_J said:
Quote

ctrl+right click ----> paste

ctrl+right click ----> paste without formatting

is not working for me... i get the message to use it, but when i select one of the 2 options, nothing is pasted...

Is this on mobile, or desktop? Is this in Chrome, or another browser (on desktop)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should get a prompt at the bottom of the editor window with a link to click and change to paste as plain text:

image.png

For embeds, it will say "Display as a link", but for formatted text, it should say:

image.png

is not working for me... i get the message to use it, but when i select one of the 2 options, nothing is pasted...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

so, on mobile version you have the option to 'content search - - - - >search by author' but you still have to enter a search term... the idea was to search everything by that author in that specific thread... 

On 7/8/2019 at 6:14 PM, Joyrex said:

is this on mobile, or desktop? Is this in Chrome, or another browser (on desktop)?

chrome on desktop... 

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there way on the "unread content" feed to click to "go to" directly the post you see appear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chassis said:

Is there way on the "unread content" feed to click to "go to" directly the post you see appear?

Yeah, click the timestamp (Just now/X minutes ago/...) to go to that exact post. Or the symbol before the title for first unread.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

so, on mobile version you have the option to 'content search - - - - >search by author' but you still have to enter a search term... the idea was to search everything by that author in that specific thread... 

chrome on desktop... 

image.png

:dadjoke: - your command is my wish!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is everyone digging the avatar collection instead of names in the "Users were Online in the last 24 hours"?

Looks like someone tried to make one of those photo-mosaics out of a Jackson Pollock.

image.thumb.png.4a1731334295fd40adaf1f3645647b68.png 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, Joyrex said:

You should get a prompt at the bottom of the editor window with a link to click and change to paste as plain text:

image.png

For embeds, it will say "Display as a link", but for formatted text, it should say:

image.png

is not working for me... i get the message to use it, but when i select one of the 2 options, nothing is pasted...

 

 

 

this was happening on desktop chrome with a topic's link...

let me try it again... yeah, still not working... see those 2 options? when i click them nothing is pasted...

Untitled.thumb.jpg.92b153bc32e17e0eb558b819b927a3a4.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

but yeah, with the way you suggested, it works...

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/96926-new-forum-discussionissues/

 

 

 

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...