IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

May not have been the best idea to update the terms of service (what was the change anyway?) and then peace out from the forums (but not twitter) for the next 18+ hours..

So... what happened? All I did to the Rules was adjust the formatting and fix some embarrassing spelling mistakes... are you guys saying you had to agree to the Rules again because they (apparently to the software) changed somehow?

Yeah, sorry I did that just before I left for the day - surprised nobody contacted me via email or anything...

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

So... what happened? All I did to the Rules was adjust the formatting and fix some embarrassing spelling mistakes... are you guys saying you had to agree to the Rules again because they (apparently to the software) changed somehow?

Yeah, sorry I did that just before I left for the day - surprised nobody contacted me via email or anything...

Yeah it brought up a full screen of the new rules with a tick box to agree to these changes. The trouble was it gave you less than half a second to scroll down and click 'agree' or the page would automatically refresh and scroll you back to the top again. As Soloman Tump says though, it was a nice test of mouse dexterity skillz!

Would be interesting to know how many hits that page got before people managed to escape ?

it still surprises me how underused the Esc key is. crucial when dealing with redirects in particular. the idea of someone being stuck on that page for ages because they keep trying furiously to click out of it is hilarious.

as I said though, I support this feature and think it should be standard. it was like a stonewall which required esoteric knowledge to pass.

• Burger 1

7 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Yeah it brought up a full screen of the new rules with a tick box to agree to these changes. The trouble was it gave you less than half a second to scroll down and click 'agree' or the page would automatically refresh and scroll you back to the top again. As Soloman Tump says though, it was a nice test of mouse dexterity skillz!

Would be interesting to know how many hits that page got before people managed to escape ?

Wow... that's weird. I wonder if there was a conflict with the addon that automatically loads the latest posts (was this it's own screen, or was it in a modal or popup?)...

16 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Wow... that's weird. I wonder if there was a conflict with the addon that automatically loads the latest posts (was this it's own screen, or was it in a modal or popup?)...

I found the same issue, I had to zoom out until I could see the button without scrolling.

19 minutes ago, usagi said:

it still surprises me how underused the Esc key is. crucial when dealing with redirects in particular. the idea of someone being stuck on that page for ages because they keep trying furiously to click out of it is hilarious.

as I said though, I support this feature and think it should be standard. it was like a stonewall which required esoteric knowledge to pass.

Hide contents

How can I hit the Esc key on my iPhone?

Just now, usagi said:

by not using an iPhone.

But my method of accessing the board at the time of the fuck up is via iPhone.

Your solution is therefore fucking useless. Thank you very much.

3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

So, is it still happening? I just went to the page and all seems normal...

Happened to me just now on my phone (android).  I had to quickly hit the menu button then the "X" to tell it to stop the page loading so that I could scroll down and click "Agree".

fwiw hasn't happened again after I've logged out and come to revisit watmm a couple times after. X worked for me too. Managed to press it while hysterically laughing at the blinking page. Some fancy Esc buttons are way over my expertise. Next level shit, not there yet.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:56 PM, Brisbot said:

I had to log into watmm with IE in order to accept it, which for whatever reason it reloaded it slower in that browser.

Well, that's about right for IE :dadjoke:

I'm talking with the vendor now about a potential solution

• Like 1