IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

FWIW, I had this issue.... was using Google Chrome on my laptop and Safari on my phone....

A few days ago, I switched over to Opera hoping it eats up less RAM - but I did not have the redirect issue come up while signing in today through the new net browser. ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Hk47 said:

FWIW, I had this issue.... was using Google Chrome on my laptop and Safari on my phone....

A few days ago, I switched over to Opera hoping it eats up less RAM - but I did not have the redirect issue come up while signing in today through the new net browser. ?‍♂️

That's interesting - the vendor wasn't able to reproduce this (yet) and asked me what browser/OS I was experiencing it with (Chrome 76, Windows 10 1803) - is that just stock Opera, with no plugins, etc.?

BTW - it happens with all the skins, so it's not a theme-related issue.

Okay - they could not reproduce the issue, and at this point since I'm not getting reports of people experiencing this anymore, I'm going to shelve it in lieu of more important stuff to focus on.

That being said, you will notice the Recent Topics sidebar on the main forum is now back to it's old pre-upgrade mode, so it's actually useful now.

4 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Well I mean like a quote in a quote. Like the old watmm. Should have elaborated.

Ah, select all the text you want to quote including the quotes and then click "Quote selection".

• Thanks 1

Just now, manmower said:
6 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Well I mean like a quote in a quote. Like the old watmm. Should have elaborated.

Ah, select all the text you want to quote including the quotes and then click "Quote selection".

thanks

Is there a thread about how CHATMM is a thing again? I just now noticed it's existence today.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:27 PM, Brisbot said:

thanks

Is there a thread about how CHATMM is a thing again? I just now noticed it's existence today.

No don't think there is a dedicated thread, and it is very underused at present.  A shame really because the new pop up thing works quite well

5 hours ago, Tim_J said:

lockquote widgetblockquote widglockquote lockquote widgetlockquote widgetlockquote widget

^^^^that's what happens when i do that... 

Yeah, don't know what's going on there - are you typing that text as filler?

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

what do you mean as filler? that text appears exactly where it is below the quote box when i click the little upper left square and hit backspace like you said...

So when you hit delete, instead of actually deleting the quote box, the words "blockquote blockwidget..." appear?

10 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

exactly, not where the quote box was, the quote box stays there, with the words below it... every time i press backspace the words lockquote widget appear, so that was me pressing it multiple times...
i've pasted exactly what appears below:

lockquote widgetblockquote widglockquote lockquote widgetlockquote widgetlockquote widget

Yeah, something isn't working correctly - it almost looks like it's converting back to BBCode. What mobile browser/OS (I probably asked you this before upthread)? I might have to get the vendor engaged.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:07 PM, species8472 said:

recent chrome upgrade site running all choppy and assy, with this staggered loading stuff. anybody else have this?

No... might be your connection - zippy as hell for me!

@Joyrex suggestion: keep a database of every thread title and when someone makes a new thread, if there are threads with a similar title, make a suggestion first that they go to those threads before posting.  this eliminates the requirement (which can be forgotten) to manually search for threads before making one

14 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

@Joyrex suggestion: keep a database of every thread title and when someone makes a new thread, if there are threads with a similar title, make a suggestion first that they go to those threads before posting.  this eliminates the requirement (which can be forgotten) to manually search for threads before making one

There is actually an addon that provides this functionality (we had it on the old forum version, but I didn't get the upgraded one for this version). Ideally, it should work like some sites do where as you type the title, matches automagically appear so you don't have to look it up manually.

Let me see if there is an addon that does this - I think that would be a helpful feature!

12 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

could you copy paste the code u used please? 

There's no code to copy or paste... the way you have to embed Bandcamp (because BC doesn't use the oEmbed standard) is to do the following:

1. Go to Bandcamp and find your track you want to embed.
  2. Click the Share/Embed link (typically under the artwork)
  3. Choose any of the layouts (it won't matter because the embed will format it in the horizontal player format)
  4. Click the "wordpress.com" radio button, and note the album= parameter - copy the album parameter value (e.g., 2264462098)
  5. On WATMM, Click the Bandcamp Embed button in the Editor toolbar, and in the dialog that appears, patste in the aforementioned album parameter
  6. Your embed is now embedded and should appear.
13 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

btw the way i see it, these new 7 emoticons mean something different from their titles, i mean, the heart should be love/like, the cup should be winner and a thumbs up should be used for thanks... 

Except there's no thumbs up...?

11 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i already did it dude, check previous posts... but thanks anyway! 

yeah i dunno what emoticons you have available to use there, i was just suggesting in general... 

Ah, okay - we can add any Reactions we like!

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i already did it dude, check previous posts... but thanks anyway! 

yeah i dunno what emoticons you have available to use there, i was just suggesting in general... 

I just looked at your post that says it is not embeddable and got the album ID:

And it works.

19 hours ago, Tim_J said:

just tried the tomorrow's harvest theme on chrome on desktop and this is what i got if i maximize my window:

image.thumb.png.22070f8ba25fa065d49023ae50c0afa8.png

if i resize it it displays alright:

image.thumb.png.5c9876707549232c554c089499927613.png

@Tim_J for Official WATMM Tester!

I think I need to update the theme in line with the forum update - I'll check to see if the theme developer has updated it...