IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

1 minute ago, dr lopez said:

im on a wired connection in downtown manhattan. notifications take a good 8-10 seconds to load. switch forums about a second or two. chrome browser on a pc.

Which skin? WATMM Classic, Tomorrow's Harvest, or WATMM After Dark?

Clicking a link usually takes anywhere from 5-15 seconds for the page to load for me too, midwest using after dark (wish tomorrows harvest wasnt randomly broken, after dark has no contrast or something and isnt nice on my eyes)

4 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

watmm classic

I dunno, man - you're geographically closer to WATMM than I am (I believe WATMM's being served up from a data centre in New Jersey), so I would think there'd be less hops between you and it vs. me and it.

Zippy fast for me right now - I'm assuming other web pages are loading fine for you right (ruling out internet congestion).

6 minutes ago, andrd said:

Clicking a link usually takes anywhere from 5-15 seconds for the page to load for me too, midwest using after dark (wish tomorrows harvest wasnt randomly broken, after dark has no contrast or something and isnt nice on my eyes)

Tomorrow's Harvest is fixed, but I noticed it is noticeably slower loading. navigating, etc. WATMM Classic does not display the same issues.

I've been wanting to make a 'dark mode' for WATMM Classic - just need to find the time to do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but this one is a little annoying: if I open a thread, and then go to the bottom or top to change the page to the previous page, and then hit 'page back' in the browser, it won't go back to the page I was just on. It will just go to the top of the current page.

14 hours ago, Braintree said:

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but this one is a little annoying: if I open a thread, and then go to the bottom or top to change the page to the previous page, and then hit 'page back' in the browser, it won't go back to the page I was just on. It will just go to the top of the current page.

I just tried it with this very thread, and I started on page 41, went (via the pagination controls) to page 40, then hit the back button in the browser, and it took me back to page 41. What browser/OS are you using?

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I just tried it with this very thread, and I started on page 41, went (via the pagination controls) to page 40, then hit the back button in the browser, and it took me back to page 41. What browser/OS are you using?

I'm using MacOS Mojave and Firefox. Here's a screencap of it in action.

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

I'm using MacOS Mojave and Firefox. Here's a screencap of it in action.

Okay, I see what you did - you entered the thread by the pagination links on the thread listing page, then went to a prior page in the thread via the pagination buttons, and then hitting back on the browser takes you to the thread listing page.

In Chrome on Windows 10 if I do exactly what you did, when I click back on the browser button after going to another page in a thread via the pagination link, it does nothing - a second click will then take me to the thread listing page.

Personally, I get to the last unread link in a thread by clicking the thread title or clicking the last posted time link under who last posted.

Not sure if this is fixable per se, since most modern web apps expect you to use the built-in UI to navigate (e.g., use the pagination buttons to move through a thread, use the forum links to return to the thread listing).

is there a way to see more "recent topics"? im probably being dull.... if i could do this id probably come out of the Richie Rich fan forum more.... not sure if this is a good thing for anyone involved though. 

3 hours ago, donquixote said:

is there a way to see more "recent topics"? im probably being dull.... if i could do this id probably come out of the Richie Rich fan forum more.... not sure if this is a good thing for anyone involved though. 

Where on the forum are you referring to - the front page?

Honestly, one of the best new features is the Activity Streams (see under the Activity tab at the top) - you can create custom ones just for things you want to keep up on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Where on the forum are you referring to - the front page?

Honestly, one of the best new features is the Activity Streams (see under the Activity tab at the top) - you can create custom ones just for things you want to keep up on.

ahhh i thought i was be dull. confirmed. (i was using the front page)

Just now, donquixote said:

ahhh i thought i was be dull. confirmed. (i was using the front page)

The front page just cycles though recent topics that currently have activity - if you want a long, detailed list of what's new or changed, then Activity Feeds are what you need.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:29 AM, MIXL2 said:

Is it possible to have a feature for ops to schedule posts for certain threads? would make threads like Planet Mu Listening Club,  A Duck in a Tree Listening Club and 

A journey through time and space (via the Rephlex CD catalog) much easier to handle 

What do you mean by "schedule"? Like publish, but don't display until a certain day/time?

3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:
On 10/10/2019 at 6:29 PM, MIXL2 said:

Is it possible to have a feature for ops to schedule posts for certain threads? would make threads like Planet Mu Listening Club,  A Duck in a Tree Listening Club and 

A journey through time and space (via the Rephlex CD catalog) much easier to handle 

Read more  

What do you mean by "schedule"? Like publish, but don't display until a certain day/time?

exactly! u can do that in fb pages.. no idea if it would b possible on ere tho

Edited by MIXL2

51 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

exactly! u can do that in fb pages.. no idea if it would b possible on ere tho

That's more akin to blogging/content publishing (which we have (Blogs), but also content management (something on my list to configure), but I'll see if there is a plugin that would give that ability to posts in the forum itself.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:42 PM, Adamovich said:

I posted a soundclown link in Recent Status Updates without any comment and it appeared blank without any embedd or so...wtf?  

Shows for moi:

image.png