Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

I don't know if anyone else has said this already but the inability to edit a post in plaintext is problematic. for those posting image dumps in the memes thread or a couple of videos in a music thread and not being able to move the auto-embedded images or videos easily and quickly around the text sometimes leads to just giving up the post entirely. which might actually be a "feature" now that I think about it.

22 minutes ago, usagi said:

I don't know if anyone else has said this already but the inability to edit a post in plaintext is problematic. for those posting image dumps in the memes thread or a couple of videos in a music thread and not being able to move the auto-embedded images or videos easily and quickly around the text sometimes leads to just giving up the post entirely. which might actually be a "feature" now that I think about it.

nah..wont happen..

• Thanks 1

cool.

the "we updated our policy" page keeps reloading endlessly and i can't scroll down the click "i agree".  i had to stop it from loading then when i clicked "I agree" i go the "Something went wrong- contact us" but then was able to get into the forum as usual. 

on whatever latest version of safari is on high sierra. 

• Like 3

Smae here. Tried opera and firefox on el capitan. Was gonna post a screenshot of the error but I got distracted by the dank memes thread.

readtherules

flol that was maddening

I liked it. the "Forum Rules" were right there at the top of the page and slapped you in the face ceaselessly as the page kept reloading. essential.

flol that was fun alright, somehow managed to circumvent by holding down the left click on stop loading (in Firefox), which allowed you to actually scroll down to where you had to do it to 'em

Wish I could share this protip w/ brethren having the same problem but oh well rite

let them figure out how they have to do it to 'em themst'selves.

lol wtf was that

I still got sucked to policy updates limbo. Evil.

*Accidentally denial of services WATMM by reading the rules*

• Burger 2

cxXvXnw.gif

I enjoyed that. I managed to scroll and click via my phone after a few minutes of tweakin'

More watmm tests of endurance / skill please!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Firefox F5 test accomplished

Strangely enough, it was working fine with Edge

Edited by Test Fforet

It was the 'not used since my dial up days' Stop button that solved it for me...

What is it that's changed in the Terms of Service?

May not have been the best idea to update the terms of service (what was the change anyway?) and then peace out from the forums (but not twitter) for the next 18+ hours..

Maybe he's still trying to get in! 

• Haha 3

So... what happened? All I did to the Rules was adjust the formatting and fix some embarrassing spelling mistakes... are you guys saying you had to agree to the Rules again because they (apparently to the software) changed somehow?

Yeah, sorry I did that just before I left for the day - surprised nobody contacted me via email or anything...

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

So... what happened? All I did to the Rules was adjust the formatting and fix some embarrassing spelling mistakes... are you guys saying you had to agree to the Rules again because they (apparently to the software) changed somehow?

Yeah, sorry I did that just before I left for the day - surprised nobody contacted me via email or anything...

Yeah it brought up a full screen of the new rules with a tick box to agree to these changes. The trouble was it gave you less than half a second to scroll down and click 'agree' or the page would automatically refresh and scroll you back to the top again. As Soloman Tump says though, it was a nice test of mouse dexterity skillz!

Would be interesting to know how many hits that page got before people managed to escape 😁

it still surprises me how underused the Esc key is. crucial when dealing with redirects in particular. the idea of someone being stuck on that page for ages because they keep trying furiously to click out of it is hilarious.

as I said though, I support this feature and think it should be standard. it was like a stonewall which required esoteric knowledge to pass.

• Burger 1