IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

12 hours ago, lingmaaki said:

more....color codes

Not sure what you mean... in the post editor, you've got a preset colour pallet for both the font and background colors, and both have a "more colours..." link allowing you to dial in any HEX value.

The bandcamp player embed only allows you to embed whole albums, is it possible to add a way to embed single tracks?

edit: tracks also have a wordpress ID but if i try to enter that i get a message with "sorry, this track or album is not available":

Edited by MIXL2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MIXL2 said:

The bandcamp player embed only allows you to embed whole albums, is it possible to add a way to embed single tracks?

edit: tracks also have a wordpress ID but if i try to enter that i get a message with "sorry, this track or album is not available":

Good to know - let me look into creating either a catch-all embed (works for tracks or albums) or one for each (not ideal, but might be necessary)

20 hours ago, andrd said:

Did the tomorrow's harvest theme get messed with again? it's doing this to me now. Also can't paste in images anymore. 

shouldprobablyhiresomeonetoworkonthiswebsiteinsteadofdoingityourself.JPG

3 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

the frame around the user avatars / names is now white.  I use the after dark theme - so its kinda killing the vibe tbqh

watmm.thumb.jpg.66da28c3cf7379f3d326fbd2a33168fc.jpg

Edit: Now its gone meta ?

@andrd - I installed an addon that collapses the user info on the side - I see it's not quite compatible with the Tomorrow's Harvest theme. I'll see if I can disable it on a per-theme basis.

@Soloman Tump - I'm about to check your issue - are you saying the dark theme is now dark? Might just be caching.

I also notice performance on Tomorrow's Harvest theme is really, really poor - anyone else notice this?

Image result for boards of canada interactive site

@andrd - I can paste in images just fine on the Tomorrow's Harvest theme.

Okay, removing the preset colours on the addon fixed it for WATMM After Dark (still need to get a 'real' WATMM Classic Dark Theme going).

Still pretty borked for Tomorrow's Harvest - and no way to set it per-theme. I might just remove the addon; doesn't seem to bring much added real estate/functionality.

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

Did the "remove format" button stop working? Highlighting text and clicking it doesn't change it to WATMM's default formatting.

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said an emergency fund of 20 million euros ($22 million) was approved. The money will help the city cover the damages done to homes and businesses.

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said an emergency fund of 20 million euros ($22 million) was approved. The money will help the city cover the damages done to homes and businesses.

Seems to work for me (I just removed the formatting on the text I copied and pasted from another site)

You can also right-click and choose "paste as plain text" if you are on a desktop computer.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:06 PM, drillkicker said:

Is there any way to make Bandcamp embeds dark in dark mode ?  Right now they're standing out quite harshly.

Yeah, I can probably set the default to dark

I have spoken.

I see I've recently paid 10 usd to watmm  for an 'Expert Knob Twiddlers'  subscription, yet am listed as a supporting member, is that normal? I don't use the benefits anyway, how do I cancel stuff?

7 hours ago, plugexpert said:

I see I've recently paid 10 usd to watmm  for an 'Expert Knob Twiddlers'  subscription, yet am listed as a supporting member, is that normal? I don't use the benefits anyway, how do I cancel stuff?

I've sent you a PM with info - please read and let me know.

I just discovered dark mode and I’m all in! 
Only a couple things... please pardon me for looking a gift horse in the mouth... also pardon me for not having any idea if any of this is easy or difficult to fix...

- when browsing a subforum, all of the threads seem to run together, visually. Is there any way to break them up with say a white or grey border  in between each? Same goes for buttons like “submit reply”, “save”, “cancel” etc.

- also, when browsing a subforum in dark mode, it’s visually more difficult to determine threads with new added content from ones you’ve seen that haven’t changed. Is that a hard thing to fix?

- last thing... I’m not sure if I remember correctly how to change text size in a new post while using mobile (iPhone Safari) view. Is that only available on desktop or on the app??

Edited by J3FF3R00

On 11/19/2019 at 11:50 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

I just discovered dark mode and I’m all in! 
Only a couple things... please pardon me for looking a gift horse in the mouth... also pardon me for not having any idea if any of this is easy or difficult to fix...

- when browsing a subforum, all of the threads seem to run together, visually. Is there any way to break them up with say a white or grey border  in between each? Same goes for buttons like “submit reply”, “save”, “cancel” etc.

- also, when browsing a subforum in dark mode, it’s visually more difficult to determine threads with new added content from ones you’ve seen that haven’t changed. Is that a hard thing to fix?

- last thing... I’m not sure if I remember correctly how to change text size in a new post while using mobile (iPhone Safari) view. Is that only available on desktop or on the app??

Thanks for the feedback - there's a lot to unpack here, so a few questions first:

Which dark theme are you using? Are you using WATMM After Dark, or WATMM (Muted) Dark?

A screenshot of what you're seeing will help me understand where your concerns are.

RE: Text size - I think the font and size options in the editor are not present in the mobile view (any mobile browser). I can add them, but wanted to keep the mobile toolbar as simple as possible so half the screen wouldn't be taken up by the button UI.

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Thanks for the feedback - there's a lot to unpack here, so a few questions first:

Which dark theme are you using? Are you using WATMM After Dark, or WATMM (Muted) Dark?

A screenshot of what you're seeing will help me understand where your concerns are.

RE: Text size - I think the font and size options in the editor are not present in the mobile view (any mobile browser). I can add them, but wanted to keep the mobile toolbar as simple as possible so half the screen wouldn't be taken up by the button UI.

Sure thing! I’m using “after dark”.  I’ve attached screenshots. 

It’s easier to see the 2 different shades of black (as well as intensity difference in white text for threads with new content) when brightness is up high, but I don’t like having my brightness up too high because it gives me a headache. 

It might just be me, but I feel like I would like a slightly more noticeable difference in the alternating background shades that separate the thread headings. 

Also, if possible, it would be great if there was a slightly more pronounced visual difference between threads that have new content since last viewed and those that haven’t been updated. Maybe slightly bolder/thinner text? 

Thanks for caring ❤️

73279432-DF06-4656-8D9E-75193769671A.jpeg

0E4A3711-00D8-4968-8D37-821451057A30.png

Edited by J3FF3R00

16 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Sure thing! I’m using “after dark”.  I’ve attached screenshots. 

It’s easier to see the 2 different shades of black (as well as intensity difference in white text for threads with new content) when brightness is up high, but I don’t like having my brightness up too high because it gives me a headache. 

It might just be me, but I feel like I would like a slightly more noticeable difference in the alternating background shades that separate the thread headings. 

Also, if possible, it would be great if there was a slightly more pronounced visual difference between threads that have new content since last viewed and those that haven’t been updated. Maybe slightly bolder/thinner text? 

Thanks for caring ❤️

73279432-DF06-4656-8D9E-75193769671A.jpeg

0E4A3711-00D8-4968-8D37-821451057A30.png

I believe that the threads where there is a dot are threads that have new content since your last visit, and ones with a star are ones you have participated in - that, and the bold text indicates the thread has new content. Does that help?

Things are getting a bit abstract for me. Is this web 3.0? Total integration of everything into everything? I want to be ready but I'm not sure I am.

916719183_ScreenShot2019-11-22at01_38_18.png.1a1f912ad35ac922c088087c5a2ff575.png

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I believe that the threads where there is a dot are threads that have new content since your last visit, and ones with a star are ones you have participated in - that, and the bold text indicates the thread has new content. Does that help?

Yeah. I figured so much. I guess in the dark mode it’s just a bit more difficult to see the difference between the bold text and the non bold text.