IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

17 hours ago, user said:

Things are getting a bit abstract for me. Is this web 3.0? Total integration of everything into everything? I want to be ready but I'm not sure I am.

916719183_ScreenShot2019-11-22at01_38_18.png.1a1f912ad35ac922c088087c5a2ff575.png

Yeah, I need to contact the developer - I am working on... something (not ready to say yet) and I think it is interfering with CHATMM.

13 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

What's up with the leaderboard ? On some of the recent days there is just a black bar instead of a user , and it only will show first and second , second and third , or first and third place users ?

Which skin? I just looked and all seems normal. Can you provide a screenshot?

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah, I need to contact the developer - I am working on... something (not ready to say yet) and I think it is interfering with CHATMM  

It’s a small price to pay for the WATMM flesh interface we’ve collectively been longing for. 

2 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Being able to embed .mp4 and .webm would be nice.

Odd - according to the forum software, we should support both... I'm inquiring

25 minutes ago, user said:

It’s a small price to pay for the WATMM flesh interface we’ve collectively been longing for. 

It's not as futuristic as that... in fact, WATMM had it at one time a long, long, time ago...

• Like 1

When browsing the site on mobile, clicking the WATMM stylized banner at the top isn't doing anything for me at all. Where browsing on a reg browser takes me back to the home page. 

It's no biggie for me, just thought I'd point it out in case it's something simple. ?

Edited by StephenG

35 minutes ago, StephenG said:

When browsing the site on mobile, clicking the WATMM stylized banner at the top isn't doing anything for me at all. Where browsing on a reg browser takes me back to the home page. 

It's no biggie for me, just thought I'd point it out in case it's something simple. ?

So on mobile it's not clickable?

Maybe this has been brought up before, but I just realized I'm no longer an Expert Knob Twiddler. Merely a Knob Twiddler.

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c11bb06096d2ec814f

Edited by Braintree

Ceephax, Clark and Luke Vibert don't belong, IMHO. They're clearly not in the same league when it comes to how universally revered they are.

This is not because I don't like them, btw. In fact, I really do like Luke Vibert but I do recognize Aphex, Autechre and Squarepusher are in a whole different category.

2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Have the layout as 3x3 my dear ?

This is the correct answer.

I was gonna try to do a mock up but I couldn't even figure out how to go to that page.

5 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Have the layout as 3x3 my dear ?

It's responsive, love - it reflows based on the width of the viewport... I guess my very subtle joke flew entirely over the heads of everyone!

3 hours ago, acid1 said:

This is the correct answer.

I was gonna try to do a mock up but I couldn't even figure out how to go to that page.

That's the point I was trying to make - I'm working on a Discography for WATMM! Members will be able to contribute entries and reviews of releases!

This is otherwise known as... CONTENT!!!!

Maybe this is already possible and I’m missing it because of my chronic stupid but it’d be nice to be able to do searches in threads. Mostly to check if I’m double posting in the describe your last shit thread but might come in handy for other things as well. 

3 hours ago, mcbpete said:

.torrent/magnet: link ?

Erm, no (unless we want WATMM shut down sharpish) - but linking to Bleep for an audio sample would be a good idea (if feasible)

9 minutes ago, user said:

Maybe this is already possible and I’m missing it because of my chronic stupid but it’d be nice to be able to do searches in threads. Mostly to check if I’m double posting in the describe your last shit thread but might come in handy for other things as well. 

Click into the search box, and then change the setting from 'Everywhere' to 'This Topic'.

image.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

In fact, I'd appreciate some feedback on the fields of information for a release - have I covered all the bases here?

Spoiler

image.png

What's the benefit of having this over something that already exists? Discogs already has all of this. You can even review releases there. 

28 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Erm, no (unless we want WATMM shut down sharpish) - but linking to Bleep for an audio sample would be a good idea (if feasible)

Click into the search box, and then change the setting from 'Everywhere' to 'This Topic'.

image.png

OMG thank you

22 minutes ago, andrd said:

What's the benefit of having this over something that already exists? Discogs already has all of this. You can even review releases there. 

That's a good point, and I thought about that - the biggest difference (and you may have not been around way back when WATMM had a discography) is unlike Discogs, there is more of a 'narrative' than what they supply (e.g., history of the release, fun factoids and interesting notes about the production, origins of track names, etc.) that Discogs has either none of or is inconsistent at best. Plus, I think it will be a good way to engage the community here to build up what will hopefully be the most complete and valuable collection of data on the artists we cover.

22 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

It's a little worrying that you thought I was being even remotely serious ?

I know... but just in case anyone else would remotely think we'd do that...