IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:
11 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

Can members without avatars have the old default avatar or some other version of a neutral avatar? all of these colored letters and numbers are a bit confusing imo

I'm not sure if that's a setting anymore...

welp

Im actually not sure which one is more confusing thinking about it a bit more.. would have to see it to know 

1 minute ago, MIXL2 said:

welp

Im actually not sure which one is more confusing thinking about it a bit more.. would have to see it to know 

You'd end up with a load of 'head silhouettes' vs muticoloured circles with letters indicating the user's name...

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tim_J said:

@Joyrex dude there's some bug in this forum, it's the second time i go to topics i've started and followed all of them, and after some time they disappear from my followed content, i had like 4 or 5 pages of followed content and now i only have two.

i wonder if this is also happening to topics started by other users which i started to follow, maybe they're also disappearing from my followed content and i'm gonna loose track of'em...

Can you give me an example?

5 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Kitty reactions are of the first order priority. :catrecline:

Would you like to set up a poll with which emoticons should be promoted to Reactions?

My only issue with using the current emoticons is they are fixed pixel sizes... increasing them will make them ugly. I'd prefer redrawn ones.

For example, we could use the Rip n' Dip cat (forgot his name, Lord something) as a high resolution version of the kitteh we use for the emoticons (which I got off some Naruto forum LOL)

7 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

https://forum.watmm.com/profile/155-tim_j/content/?type=forums_topic&sortby=start_date&sortdirection=desc

i had followed all of those threads and now i'm only following the first 5...

Found your answer - it's a setting:

image.png

So the "Remove followers from uncommented content" removes anyone (even the topic starter) from any content that hasn't had any additional posts after 30 days.

If you want to keep track of posts you made, the page you linked to does that - you could also set up a custom Activity Feed as well I imagine...

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

can't you change that setting to infinite? i mean, on my content page i can keep track of the threads i started but i'll not receive any notifications so that's not what i'm after... i never used custom feeds, seems complicated... technology... :^)

I imagine they are set to those values for performance reasons, so I could look into it and see if adjusting them up or "Never" makes an impact.

16 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Would it be possible to have a Javascript free version of the site ?

I've found that I'm not really coming here anymore since it's so inconvenient to use without Javascript.

Er, are you serious? You must not spend much time online then, considering almost every site nowadays uses Javascript. Short answer - no.

However, if all you want to do is keep up on threads, if you are using a news reader like Feedly, you can subscribe to the site's feed - there's an RSS logo in the lower right corner you can copy the URL from (I would do it from the root category forum rather than any individual thread).

And what the hell @aencre - or are you simply commenting on his (hopefully) attempt at humour....

Serious question: why would anyone not use Javascript? Did you read some fear-mongering article about how Javascript will steal your first born or something?

20 hours ago, Tim_J said:

please do? i know it sounds egotistical but hey... :^)

Well, I checked, and they did say at some point (especially with how many posts/threads we have) it will degrade performance. Those are the recommended settings for a site our size.

• Sad 1

YouTube and Soundcloud auto-embed is still erratic for me. Sometimes it just works, other times it just takes the link as text even though I'm trying in 3 different browsers, and sometimes after a page refresh it suddenly works again. It's as if some part of the editor isn't always loading properly?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 5:06 AM, manmower said:

YouTube and Soundcloud auto-embed is still erratic for me. Sometimes it just works, other times it just takes the link as text even though I'm trying in 3 different browsers, and sometimes after a page refresh it suddenly works again. It's as if some part of the editor isn't always loading properly?

I've noticed this as well - after pasting in the URL, try hitting the ENTER key and that seems to get the embed to well, embed.

On 2/22/2020 at 4:11 AM, ManjuShri said:

Sure!

Only if you were not just a Member... you could set up a poll!

22 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i can set it up, what are the options?

Thanks for taking the time to do this (if you do end up doing it):

Grab URLs for the emoticons and see if they can be used in a poll - barring that, I suppose you'll have to get their names and use that instead.

Let's see which emoticons should be promoted to Reactions

2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Yeah but which emoticons? Should i browse the web for them or just the ones already used in this forum? 

@Joyrex

Well, if you can find some you think are worthy of inclusion as Reactions, then sure - but I primarily meant our existing emoticons.

RE: interests - that's... odd. I don't remember if I did that on purpose (some took up way too much room), but they do show on your member profile.

19 hours ago, Brisbot said:

A suggestion: change the post combining feature from 2 minutes to like 3-5 mins

Well, the idea is if you post several rapid-fire posts in sequence, they get merged instead of having multiple short posts...

9 hours ago, yekker said:

Hey Papa, how bout some t-shirts>?

WATMM shirts? We technically have them, but I would like to revisit them and make them more appealing somehow...

9 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

can I unhide hidden posts?

If you hid them, you should be able to do so. You're not able to?

On 2/26/2020 at 10:50 AM, darreichungsform said:

No, I hide them and they're gone like I deleted them

test

fucking merge

Okay, let me check - because the way it looks, you can hide stuff (which the Mods can still see BTW), but I don't see anywhere you can unhide it - might be part of another setting.

In other news, I also turned on the ability to lock and unlock your own content (for Knob Twidders and EKT Plus).

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 8:41 PM, Joyrex said:

Okay, let me check - because the way it looks, you can hide stuff (which the Mods can still see BTW), but I don't see anywhere you can unhide it - might be part of another setting.

In other news, I also turned on the ability to lock and unlock your own content (for Knob Twidders and EKT Plus).

Hmm, still can't unhide posts