IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Your browser does not support the HTML5 audio tag.

Boards of Canada Peel Session 21 July 1998 full interview.mp3 4.89 MB · 12 downloads

You mean like that?

Hmmm weird, didn't work for me yesterday.

Btw, what happened to the response window?1073657057_Bildschirmfoto2020-08-26um11_33_58.thumb.png.4be2ef84cb06b723ad1cca4d9a182c51.png

No text size, alignment and font anymore?

On 8/26/2020 at 4:35 AM, dingformung said:

Btw, what happened to the response window?1073657057_Bildschirmfoto2020-08-26um11_33_58.thumb.png.4be2ef84cb06b723ad1cca4d9a182c51.png

Removed since hardly anyone uses them - makes the editor toolbar more compact and focused.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:
On 8/26/2020 at 10:35 AM, dingformung said:

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Removed since hardly anyone uses them - makes the editor toolbar more compact and focused.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:23 AM, diatoms said:

please bring centered back

BetheLightthatradiatesunconditionalLoveForgiveHealandhaveFun:)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Tim_J said:

I used it... Way more than these:

902851543_Bildschirmfoto2020-08-26um11_33_58.png.b1fa4aa7c1468df61ecb78b53ae3babe~2.png

Granted, underline and strikethrough (not to mention superscript and subscript) aren't widely used, but clear formatting is handy if you're copying content or need to remove the formatting from already-formatted stuff

20 hours ago, diatoms said:

LOL, I knew you'd complain - but honestly, centering your posts is just annoying to read. I get it - it's a schtick. Thing is, I don't think anyone else finds it funny/endearing.

17 hours ago, dingformung said:

I think that wasn't a good decision.

Well, according to you...

16 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Yes pls daddy

Edit: and if possible put them in mobile mode as well... 

The mobile toolbar never had them to begin with (again, who is formatting their posts to that degree?)

The whole point of removing them was to make the overall editor toolbar cleaner and more purpose-driven since the overwhelming majority of posts are just typed in, nothing more. If we were running a site where we needed formatting for listings, or reviews, then I could see some other controls being needed.

As it stands, I think the reduction in buttons makes things easier and cleaner to use. Compare the editors on other sites like Reddit or elsewhere and compare - you'll find ours is still more feature-packed than most!

• Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

LOL, I knew you'd complain - but honestly, centering your posts is just annoying to read. I get it - it's a schtick. Thing is, I don't think anyone else finds it funny/endearing.

Well, according to you...

It's such an entitled and idiotic decision. Only because you personally dislike certain kinds of text formatting you remove it for everybody else? I know, it's your site, you're da boss and everyone has to do what you say, yadayadayada. Still a total dick move.

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

Well, according to you...

It's such an entitled and idiotic decision. Only because you personally dislike certain kinds of text formatting you remove it for everybody else? I know, it's your site, you're da boss and everyone has to do what you say, yadayadayada. Still a total dick move.

I didn't remove it because of @diatoms, but I knew he'd be understandably upset at the decision. My main focus was how crowded and unnecessary the editor toolbar buttons were, so I decided to take a hard look at them and ask "do we really need x button?"

And for the record, I didn't think there would be any objection to removal of buttons likely 90% of the forum doesn't use - had I suspected there would be vocal outcry over left right and centre justification being pried out of the hands of the masses, I'd had put it to a vote or at least a questionnaire.

Again, it's not my personal preference - just a realization that a button or feature a select few actually use from time to time is not longer needed should be removed to provide a simpler and cleaner UI for the editor.

If there's a compromising solution (e.g., put other editor functions on a right-click menu) and I can incorporate that, I will certainly do so because that's the best scenario in my opinion - keep the most-used items at the fore, and the other things close at hand but not at the expense of ease of use.

17 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Such a slimebag response. Get your head out of your ass please

JOYREX PLEASE

It sucks!

makes life a lot harder

Well, fuck you - apparently you have no issues formatting your posts without the editor features. Problem solved!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I had big trouble doing that. How dare you assume I had no issues formatting my post?

With your attitude, I really don't care at this point

53 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

With your attitude, I really don't care at this point

So you depend the future of an over 20 year old forum on the attitude of one single user who has only been registered here for 4 years? That's very immature of you. I really hope that you finally grow up at some point and be a man. Life isn't always a bowl of cherries, dude. Sometimes you just need to be a man and grasp the nettle, okay? Listen to Tim_J

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

What happened? Watmm is working like an app now in mobile mode? My browser is Chrome but it doesn't show the Chrome search bar on top and Chrome pull down menu... Some sites do this but watmm only started now... Did you change something @Joyrex? It's very slow... It's just happening to me? 

Works and looks fine for me in mobile Chrome:

image.png

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

So you depend the future of an over 20 year old forum on the attitude of one single user who has only been registered here for 4 years? That's very immature of you. I really hope that you finally grow up at some point and be a man. Life isn't always a bowl of cherries, dude. Sometimes you just need to be a man and grasp the nettle, okay? Listen to Tim_J

Wait, what? I'm not depending on you at all... not sure what you mean?

LOL @ "be a man" - I'm probably old enough to be your dad!

Anyways, sorry you don't like change, and as I mentioned, I am looking to see if we can compromise and have the less-used buttons on a right-click contextual menu. There's one for this editor; I just need to find out if it is compatible or not.

Just now, Tim_J said:

It's only when you add it to your home screen and then use that shortcut to come to watmm... There are certain sites that do this... 

I did enable that feature so people who want more of an app-like experience can do so if they wish - I personally just type in the address, but I'm old like that :dadjoke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I like it, it's neat, but like this watmm is very very slow... 

And like this I can't have different shortcuts, one for general banter, another for music discussion and another for ekt... I add those 3 to my home screen but then all of them redirect me to watmm forum front page... 

Are you on Android or iOS?

I can't see why this would make WATMM slower - from what I understand, it just forces Chrome into an 'app' like mode that simplifies the UI a bit, etc. Are you sure it's not just your connection? Try typing in the URL in the browser and give it a shot (I will test too on my end).

On 7/23/2020 at 8:44 PM, Gocab said:

It's just watmm's way of saying you're too invested in its threads 

:cisfor:

Well, for starters, I can only add to homescreen via Safari, and the icon is black on black (fail). Additionally, I don't know if it's IOS14 beta or what, but when I bring up the keyboard to type, it's not there (I have seen this before with iMessages so maybe it is iOS14 bug). The other thing I notice is the annoying Tapatalk app suggestion thing at the top and bottom...

So, I think maybe turn this feature off (or at least fix the icon; can't believe Safari wanted me to use a black icon, then makes the background black too!

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

On mine it does white watmm symbol on black bg... 

That's odd.

I changed the interface to be "browser" (it was "minimal" before) - any improvement?

RE: Safari icon - that was for desktop Safari, not iOS. But, the iOS/Android icon is black too... 

17 hours ago, Joyrex said:

everyone else has pushed 'circle-x ignore user'

On 8/27/2020 at 8:43 PM, diatoms said:
On 8/26/2020 at 9:23 AM, diatoms said:

please bring centered back

BetheLightthatradiatesunconditionalLoveForgiveHealandhaveFun:)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1