IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

On 8/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, Tim_J said:

Did I dream or there was a like button somewhere for a few moments? 

Where? I didn't turn anything on...

On 8/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, Gocab said:

Yes

Maybe it was just a graphic in a post rather than a feature on the forum? You can only like posts via Reactions AFAIK

25 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

@Joyrexyou gonna fix this.? 

I'll look into it - can't understand why your bookmarks all redirect - have you tried recreating the bookmarks to see if that is the issue? Let me know if that does or does not solve the issue. I can't test on my end since I don't have an Android *spits* device to test on...

23 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Yeah i tried everything... If i add to my bookmarks it works fine but if I add to my homescreen it doesn't... It started doing that when you changed it to 'app mode'... When you changed it back, 'app mode' was gone but that problem is still there... 

I think 'app mode' forces it to be just the main URL, nothing more - can you edit the bookmarks after the fact and change the URL so they work, or does Android not allow you to edit bookmarks (I know in iOS you cannot)?

22 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

not bookmarks... chrome bookmarks work fine... you can add a page to your bookmarks and you can add a page to your homescreen... 2 different things... and what's not working fine is the latter, when i add whatever page i'm at to my homescreen... and no, those ones, the ones in the screenshot above, can't be edited, just its name...

Okay, I think I narrowed it down to when I configured the manifest file for the site (contains information about the site, etc. and allows for adding to the homescreen, etc.). There is no 'app mode' anymore (I have it set to use the default browser) with no changes to how it works, etc.

I did find this (it appears that you can edit the URL before you make the homescreen shortcut): https://www.wikihow.com/Set-a-Bookmark-Shortcut-in-Your-Home-Screen-on-Android

Just now, Tim_J said:

lol i think there's miscommunication here... that's what i told you that i do... i'm at the page, general banter, and i add it to my homescreen... i go to music discussion and do the same... i'm choosing the shortcut link i'm adding by going to different pages and adding them to my homescreen (i'm not editing the ones i already have in my homescreen, that's not possible and that's not what's in that article) then i go to my homescreen and i click them to go to general banter or music discossion or whataver... but all watmm shortcuts redirect me to watmm's forum front page... that's the bug!

Apparently that's how the add to homescreen feature works if the site has a manifest file configured. I'll turn it off (since I can't imagine too many people using it in this way anyway) and let's see if that resolves the issue.

Okay, done - give it a try now

8 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

well if people don't use it like that they're missing a really useful function... look at my screenshot above, i have a folder with lots of different links/shortcuts redirecting to multiple internet sites... i have a folder with only watmm shortcuts so that i don't have to type manually the link i wanna go to... if i write watmm's link everytime i go to watmm and then have to press music discussion to go to the music discussion subforum, that's a written address and a click away from the way i use it having it in my homescreen...

another good example is if you wanna go straight to a topic that you go more often than others, i can have a shortcut to few films recently watched on my homescreen... i'm avoiding how many clicks?

you might wonder, why not use chrome bookmarks? well, because they suck, you can't edit them and the shittiest thing is that it's a pain in the arse to reorder them... you don't even have an option to order them by name, which is the least you could ask...

same for other sites, if i wanna go to my account setting in amazon, or my  orders, or my addresses or my card, i don't need to navigate trough the site avoiding clicking multiple times to get where i want... that would be no problem if the sites were more direct and had all the links where you can go on a list or grid or whatever in a front page... it's a rabbit hole out there lol

LOL, so is it working now?

21 hours ago, Tim_J said:

another request lol

if i press that little magnifying glass in the bottom of someone's post it shows me every post by that specific user... 

but imagine that it is a thread with 1000 thousand pages, and i wanna find my posts in that thread, but i don't see a post of mine so i can't press the little magnifying lens... is there a feature that you can integrate in the search options, something like, search by user? like, search this thread, all words, and a space to insert a specific user?

Click the magnifying glass for advanced search options:

image.png

23 hours ago, Tim_J said:

yesshhhhh thanks and sorry if i'm a pain in the ass...

Edit: forgot to mention, another reason why this is extremely useful is the fact that in mobile mode there's no top pull down menu bar... If i wanna go from here to music discussion I need to go back from this thread to general banter, then back again to general discussion and then from there to music discussion... 3 clicks lol and doing it this way you need to wait for the pages to load... 3 times! Now multiply that for the amount of times you do it per day, and then multiply that for 365 days per year, see how much hours I save of my life? Looool

Uh, did you click the hamburger menu on mobile (the three horizontal bars)? From there choose Browse, and then your subforum of choice. It's available anywhere you are in the site on mobile.

18 hours ago, Tim_J said:

But that way I can't choose to search inside a specific thread... Imagine i wanna find your review of transformers in films recently watched... 

There might be an addon for this, so let me see

• Thanks 1

@Joyrex - I typically browse on edge and iPhone, just happened to be online tonight when I got a DM so I got a live notification I had been messaged - turns out I had a couple waiting for me from various peeps over the last several months but the nice little red “!” was never showing up when I logged on? Any ideas? I don’t check my dms very frequently so if the indicator doesn’t show up I’ll prob miss em for months. 

the new content indicator always shows when I log in and that’s where I focus my attention. Not sure why the DM one isn’t ?‍♂️

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

On 9/6/2020 at 10:46 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

@Joyrex - I typically browse on edge and iPhone, just happened to be online tonight when I got a DM so I got a live notification I had been messaged - turns out I had a couple waiting for me from various peeps over the last several months but the nice little red “!” was never showing up when I logged on? Any ideas? I don’t check my dms very frequently so if the indicator doesn’t show up I’ll prob miss em for months. 

the new content indicator always shows when I log in and that’s where I focus my attention. Not sure why the DM one isn’t ?‍♂️

So on mobile, there is no new PM indicator showing when you tap the three bars (the hamburger) in the upper right?

1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

So on mobile, there is no new PM indicator showing when you tap the three bars (the hamburger) in the upper right?

Correct yes - I’m getting the red number indicator for notifications (people I follow have posted) but not for private messages. Both on mobile & edge on my pc. 

if it’s only happening to me it’s no biggie but I figured I’d throw it in this thread in case it’s happening to others! 

?

6 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Correct yes - I’m getting the red number indicator for notifications (people I follow have posted) but not for private messages. Both on mobile & edge on my pc. 

if it’s only happening to me it’s no biggie but I figured I’d throw it in this thread in case it’s happening to others! 

?

I'll send you a PM right now - please post a screenshot of what you see (or rather what you don't see)

Just now, Joyrex said:

And if you click on the hamburger, does the count show over the notifications bell/PM icon?

Negative - but it works for other notifications (like you quoting me right now).

B339DDD9-1259-421D-83CC-DDBEAAAD527D.png

13 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Negative - but it works for other notifications (like you quoting me right now).

B339DDD9-1259-421D-83CC-DDBEAAAD527D.png

I honestly never noticed this before... can anyone else confirm/deny?

Hi @Joyrex can we have alignment and font size on right-click please

5 hours ago, diatoms said:

Hi @Joyrex can we have alignment and font size on right-click please

I looked into this, and currently am awaiting a response from the forum vendor to find out if buttons can be added to their right-click menu which is already built into the editor (CTRL+right click). I cannot add an addon right click menu since it conflicts with the vendor's custom one, so unless they say it can be done, there might not be a solution for this.

How are you centering your text? Are you putting spaces in lieu of having the alignment options?

Also, there is a major forum upgrade that I am probably going to install Friday or next week (waiting to see how others fare with it to make sure it's stable enough and also need to check if all our addons have updated versions that support the update), so that may bring some options as well.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah, they lied a bit about the theme differences being 'minor' - for now, Choose Tomorrow's Harvest until I sort out the WATMM Classic theme.

I don't like it much, but WATMM after dark theme looks fine...

2 minutes ago, yekker said:

I don't like it much, but WATMM after dark theme looks fine...

Yeah, some themes will work better than others  - I hope to have WATMM Classic sorted out sometime this week...