Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

nahh, it's gone...

It's a per-group setting... I think leaving it off better respects a member's privacy. Anyone agree/disagree?

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

It's a per-group setting... I think leaving it off better respects a member's privacy. Anyone agree/disagree?

Agree

That said, how do I go about changing my screen name? lol

Edited by StephenG

18 minutes ago, StephenG said:
6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Agree

Ask limpyloo? :emotawesomepm9:

• Sad 1

so you know that option mark forum/site as read?

i just used it, and i was under the impression that this option was about marking as read the current sub-forum you're reading but no, it marked the entire forum as read, i was reading general banter, i used the option, and the entire board was marked as read instead of just general banter...

Edited by Tim_J

Yeah, that's what it does and should do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, manmower said:

i think you're wrong? i'm almost sure that in the past i usually marked each forum/sub-forum/sub-sub-forum as read... seems like a waste of purpose if it doesn't do that... wouldn't it be much cooolio???

edit: btw, did the font change?

Edited by Tim_J

Pretty sure it's always done that, and that it's a fairly standard way of doing things. That's how I use this or any other forum anyway: catch up via unread content no matter what subforum it belongs to, and then flush everything I don't want to read down with one click so only actual new posts will show up as unread the next time.

On 1/12/2020 at 4:46 AM, manmower said:

Yep - hence the language "forum/site"

On 1/10/2020 at 6:33 PM, StephenG said:

Agree

In your settings: Account Settings --> Display Name.

• Like 1

Can members without avatars have the old default avatar or some other version of a neutral avatar? all of these colored letters and numbers are a bit confusing imo

11 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

Can members without avatars have the old default avatar or some other version of a neutral avatar? all of these colored letters and numbers are a bit confusing imo

I'm not sure if that's a setting anymore...

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:
11 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

I'm not sure if that's a setting anymore...

welp

Im actually not sure which one is more confusing thinking about it a bit more.. would have to see it to know 

1 minute ago, MIXL2 said:

welp

Im actually not sure which one is more confusing thinking about it a bit more.. would have to see it to know 

You'd end up with a load of 'head silhouettes' vs muticoloured circles with letters indicating the user's name...

i can't seem to find the button to follow a thread when I'm in mobile mode... 

edit: nevermind i just found it, it's in the bottom of the page... 

Edited by Tim_J

will we ever have new reaction icons? these ones seem pretty bland...

• Like 1

Kitty reactions are of the first order priority. :catrecline:

• Like 3

@Joyrex dude there's some bug in this forum, it's the second time i go to topics i've started and followed all of them, and after some time they disappear from my followed content, i had like 4 or 5 pages of followed content and now i only have two.

i wonder if this is also happening to topics started by other users which i started to follow, maybe they're also disappearing from my followed content and i'm gonna loose track of'em...

Edited by Tim_J

5 hours ago, Tim_J said:

@Joyrex dude there's some bug in this forum, it's the second time i go to topics i've started and followed all of them, and after some time they disappear from my followed content, i had like 4 or 5 pages of followed content and now i only have two.

i wonder if this is also happening to topics started by other users which i started to follow, maybe they're also disappearing from my followed content and i'm gonna loose track of'em...

Can you give me an example?

5 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Kitty reactions are of the first order priority. :catrecline:

Would you like to set up a poll with which emoticons should be promoted to Reactions?

My only issue with using the current emoticons is they are fixed pixel sizes... increasing them will make them ugly. I'd prefer redrawn ones.

For example, we could use the Rip n' Dip cat (forgot his name, Lord something) as a high resolution version of the kitteh we use for the emoticons (which I got off some Naruto forum LOL)

4 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Can you give me an example?

https://forum.watmm.com/profile/155-tim_j/content/?type=forums_topic&sortby=start_date&sortdirection=desc

i had followed all of those threads and now i'm only following the first 5...

Edited by Tim_J

7 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

https://forum.watmm.com/profile/155-tim_j/content/?type=forums_topic&sortby=start_date&sortdirection=desc

i had followed all of those threads and now i'm only following the first 5...

Found your answer - it's a setting:

image.png

So the "Remove followers from uncommented content" removes anyone (even the topic starter) from any content that hasn't had any additional posts after 30 days.

If you want to keep track of posts you made, the page you linked to does that - you could also set up a custom Activity Feed as well I imagine...

50 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

If you want to keep track of posts you made, the page you linked to does that - you could also set up a custom Activity Feed as well I imagine...

can't you change that setting to infinite? i mean, on my content page i can keep track of the threads i started but i'll not receive any notifications so that's not what i'm after... i never used custom feeds, seems complicated... technology... :^)

edit: just checked the content i started activity stream, it's not the same papa, i don't get notifications... :^(

Edited by Tim_J

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

can't you change that setting to infinite? i mean, on my content page i can keep track of the threads i started but i'll not receive any notifications so that's not what i'm after... i never used custom feeds, seems complicated... technology... :^)

I imagine they are set to those values for performance reasons, so I could look into it and see if adjusting them up or "Never" makes an impact.

2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I imagine they are set to those values for performance reasons, so I could look into it and see if adjusting them up or "Never" makes an impact.

please do? i know it sounds egotistical but hey... :^)

Edited by Tim_J

I've asked the vendor; let's see what they say

:catbread:

• Thanks 1