Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

Would it be possible to have a Javascript free version of the site ?

I've found that I'm not really coming here anymore since it's so inconvenient to use without Javascript.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Would it be possible to have a Javascript free version of the site ?

I've found that I'm not really coming here anymore since it's so inconvenient to use without Javascript.

Er, are you serious? You must not spend much time online then, considering almost every site nowadays uses Javascript. Short answer - no.

However, if all you want to do is keep up on threads, if you are using a news reader like Feedly, you can subscribe to the site's feed - there's an RSS logo in the lower right corner you can copy the URL from (I would do it from the root category forum rather than any individual thread).

And what the hell @aencre - or are you simply commenting on his (hopefully) attempt at humour....

Serious question: why would anyone not use Javascript? Did you read some fear-mongering article about how Javascript will steal your first born or something?

20 hours ago, Tim_J said:

please do? i know it sounds egotistical but hey... :^)

Well, I checked, and they did say at some point (especially with how many posts/threads we have) it will degrade performance. Those are the recommended settings for a site our size.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Well, I checked, and they did say at some point (especially with how many posts/threads we have) it will degrade performance. Those are the recommended settings for a site our size.

:^(

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html

Let's go back to raw html, we can email you our messages and you can add them to a big <table></table>