IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

3 minutes ago, species8472 said:

barf mode

I'm fond of chartreuse:)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Diurn said:

You need to know that dark themes are in general better for your eyes health than white ones. Software developers learnt this years ago, when you're reading code for a long time it produces less eye strain, at least for me.

I also code with dark backgrounds, but it's more like dark gray and then some darkish colors for text and formatting. The current theme here is very dark background and then bright white components on top of that so they distract and seem to burn into my vision. If I close my eyes after watching this for a while I can still see the damn thing burned into my retinas.

Also the whole page looks very busy with dozens of clickable components in bright white or light colors all over the place.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blir said:

Looks good but I hate the wasted space on the right hand side of the screen.

This too. The colour scheme overall is good but the wasted space + circle avs should be fixed 

6 hours ago, IDEM said:

Is anyone else stuck on dark mode? I can't seem to switch it off, which kind of makes feel a little bit roguish I guess, but it it's also slightly unnerving.

You can switch themes at the bottom of the page, and Tomorrow's Harvest now has a light/dark toggle. I may turn on the IPS default theme (which is REALLY bright), but hopefully I can get WATMM Classic's colours restored (it's not BAD, but it's a bit flatter than before).

47 minutes ago, Blir said:

Looks good but I hate the wasted space on the right hand side of the screen.

That's a good point and I am starting to think that as well - there might be a toggle for this, and I know on smaller screens that should collapse responsively.

1 hour ago, species8472 said:

barf mode

but for real - is there a setting where i can pick my own theme? i can barely read the site now.

You can change themes at the bottom of the screen

4 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I know on smaller screens that should collapse responsively.

Ya on mobile (i don’t use tappy talk or w.e lol) it’s fine. ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

You can switch themes at the bottom of the page, and Tomorrow's Harvest now has a light/dark toggle. I may turn on the IPS default theme (which is REALLY bright), but hopefully I can get WATMM Classic's colours restored (it's not BAD, but it's a bit flatter than before).

That's a good point and I am starting to think that as well - there might be a toggle for this, and I know on smaller screens that should collapse responsively.

Toggle doesn't appear to work.  When I select the toggle or the 'light theme' button, it just switches the theme from TH to Dark.  So, I'm still in the dark.....

3 minutes ago, tailings said:

Toggle doesn't appear to work.  When I select the toggle or the 'light theme' button, it just switches the theme from TH to Dark.  So, I'm still in the dark.....

Yeah, I just noticed this too - it shouldn't be switching themes... still stuff to iron out!

9 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Turned that off (again)

I think the circular avatars are the one thing I like best about the new theme, but I can completely understand how it might not work if you''re square by nature.....

2 minutes ago, tailings said:

I think the circular avatars are the one thing I like best about the new theme, but I can completely understand how it might not work if you''re square by nature.....

To be fair, it isn't a new theme per se - we've had it for some time. Most people's avatars work better as squares since that's what we've always had. This forum software's default is rounded.

8 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

To be fair, it isn't a new theme per se - we've had it for some time. Most people's avatars work better as squares since that's what we've always had. This forum software's default is rounded.

Avatars were created to match the format, no argument there.  Had the avatar profile shape been an elongated ellipsoid with a swirly extension on one side, avatars would have been created to match.

I've sorted out the major issues with WATMM Classic (that I have found) so far, and I have turned the theme back on - if you preferred the dark theme or wish to try out the other themes, there is a link at the bottom of every page to do so.

I'll be making tweaks to WATMM Classic to improve it and get it back to where it was prior to the upgrade, so stay tuned!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I've sorted out the major issues with WATMM Classic (that I have found) so far, and I have turned the theme back on - if you preferred the dark theme or wish to try out the other themes, there is a link at the bottom of every page to do so.

I'll be making tweaks to WATMM Classic to improve it and get it back to where it was prior to the upgrade, so stay tuned!

Thanks; but everything is still much bigger than before..  The text and buttons look giant and there is lots of dead space all over the page that wasn't there before.  Maybe I wasnt using classic.. or that is what is still left to work on?