IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

1 minute ago, markedone said:

Thanks; but everything is still much bigger than before..  The text and buttons look giant and there is lots of dead space all over the page that wasn't there before.  Maybe I wasnt using classic.. or that is what is still left to work on?

They have made changes to the default font sizes, etc - I agree it is a bit large. Let me see if I can match what the pre-upgrade size was...

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tailings said:

Avatars were created to match the format, no argument there.  Had the avatar profile shape been an elongated ellipsoid with a swirly extension on one side, avatars would have been created to match.

Circle avatars force the subject of the image to be completely centralised in order to view the subject properly. Circular avatars have very poor leeway for creative framing. In exactly the same way that vertical video is a fucking heresy.

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

It looks like the new side bar thingy on the right (with top poster, popular days etc.) only appears on topics with more than one page, is that as indented or a bug ?

I think that's what triggers this new 'feature' - haven't found a way to toggle it yet...

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

You can switch themes at the bottom of the page, and Tomorrow's Harvest now has a light/dark toggle. I may turn on the IPS default theme (which is REALLY bright), but hopefully I can get WATMM Classic's colours restored (it's not BAD, but it's a bit flatter than before).

Hi Joyrex, the dark mode toggle on "Tomorrow's Harvest" did not work, I couldn't switch it off -- and now it's vanished from the menu altogether. 

Glad the classic layout is back, but contrast seems to be way down indeed, looks really washed out, not very readable rn. I'm sure you'll figure it out though. thanks for the good work! ?

I'm having watmm flashbacks...isn't the new classic theme color scheme the same as the one the forum used to have pre-2005 crash? looks very similar to 2004ish watmm...although I have no idea how I would remember such a thing...funny how the brain works sometimes

24 minutes ago, Tim_J said:
30 minutes ago, zero said:

I'm having watmm flashbacks...isn't the new classic theme color scheme the same as the one the forum used to have pre-2005 crash? looks very similar to 2004ish watmm...although I have no idea how I would remember such a thing...funny how the brain works sometimes

What if I told you? 

Mandela fx... ?

B da lite Yada Yada Yada... 

Haha:)

2 hours ago, IDEM said:

Hi Joyrex, the dark mode toggle on "Tomorrow's Harvest" did not work, I couldn't switch it off -- and now it's vanished from the menu altogether. 

Glad the classic layout is back, but contrast seems to be way down indeed, looks really washed out, not very readable rn. I'm sure you'll figure it out though. thanks for the good work! ?

Yeah - what it did was toggle to another theme (the WATMM After Dark theme), which is kinda lame IMO. The theme developer offers a "pro" version that include light and dark versions; I may upgrade us to that. For now, I've removed the dark/light toggle to avoid confusion.

2 hours ago, sherkaner said:

There has to be some way to at least optionally disable the pointless right-side bar.

I'm looking into this - I at least want to minimize it in some way. It only appears on threads with more than one page we've found though.

1 hour ago, zero said:

The colors are sort of based on a very old WATMM theme we had, so your brain is right!

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

It's hard to understand what's wrong cause nobody is specifying if they're on mobile or desktop mode...

Furthermore, to whomever is complaining about harsh contrast in dark themes it really depends on the brightness value on your mobile... So I guess it depends if your in a brightened or dark place cause you change it accordingly...

I don't mind about round avatars, I think they're stylish... 

My main complaint is the absence of borders, but then again, the problem only happens if my brightness is very low... If I set it high enough I can see the contrast between windows so I don't need borders... 

I'm gonna keep using watmm classic... I just want the burger and the rest of the icons back on top...

239000652_image.thumb.png.2929818b4df473e9a0a2da46df245e2f2.png.5eb1077d1b2de87cf330ec01fa756137.png

Thanks 

Yours truly 

Tim_J

Edit: oh, and I don't like the new font on classic theme on mobile... Look at this J... It's fucking weird... 

I changed it from Inter to Open Sans, which is what it original was - Inter is the new default font on this forum software.

I'll be working on the contrast (a lot got lost on the conversion; the pre-update report only indicated a few minor changes, which was obviously total ca ca.

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

Don't forget the ? pls... 

Oh and this quote system is not working quite well... 

I don't believe the quote system has changed at all - are you talking about just using the quote or multiquote button, or where you highlight text and then choose quote?

4 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

In this post you quoted 3 users:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/96926-new-forum-discussionissues/?do=findComment&comment=2821767

And when I quoted that quote, your replies to each comment got merged in one whole comment... 

Screenshot_2020-09-23-17-23-31.thumb.png.3d770de232355a0d238fcddd3676801d.png

Hmmm. I'll have to test - are you saying it didn't do that prior to today's update?

I'm sure I'll get used to this new Classic soon enough. Only real issue I'm seeing is the links in the top right (desktop) are barely visible.

795086103_ScreenShot2020-09-23at5_23_08PM.png.6c8437c96c6d98bb9fef2a29df57dcf7.png

Also as I'm composing this message, it's odd that the text box is the same color background as the toolbar above and background of already-submitted post blocks themselves. Lack of differentiation. 

@Joyrex with the changes now there are no new notifications on mobile. It’s as if the whole function is disabled, I can go to an “activity” tab and it shows what people I’m following have posted, but no notifications re me being quoted or the members I’m following posts etc. Edit: the activity tab actually seems to just show general activity, it’s not limited to members I follow.

that content notification thing drives 90ish % of my activity tbh it would be really cruddy if it was gone 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

@Joyrex, I mentioned pre-2005 watmm earlier and that got me thinking...do you have any of the old forum content stored anywhere? Like some old hard drive or something? I know it was mostly mspaint stuff and tranny pics back then, but I do remember some moments of brilliance amidst the poop threads. Kinda like how you look at your old school papers hidden away in the closet/attic/garage every 10 years or so and you're like reminded of your old self or something...I'd be interested in seeing some of that if it still exists

16 hours ago, Blir said:

Looks good but I hate the wasted space on the right hand side of the screen.

yeah this. looks like the new ‘improved for boomers’ facebook layout. 

or xltronic

Edited by hello spiral
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

yeah this. looks like the new ‘improved for boomers’ facebook layout. 

or xltronic

Well most of you guys are pretty boomer so it would be fitting right?

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

Well most of you guys are pretty boomer so it would be fitting right?

@Joyrexis a boomer yes, which is why he is making these godawful design choices.

Yo joyboy every single layout option now is all crammed over to the left. It's very very annoying.