IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

14 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Doesn't it look like the 'J' is lower than the rest though? Tim_J

It looks like it merged with the underscore... 

Let me change it to Inter and see if that improves things...

13 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I'm sure I'll get used to this new Classic soon enough. Only real issue I'm seeing is the links in the top right (desktop) are barely visible.

795086103_ScreenShot2020-09-23at5_23_08PM.png.6c8437c96c6d98bb9fef2a29df57dcf7.png

Also as I'm composing this message, it's odd that the text box is the same color background as the toolbar above and background of already-submitted post blocks themselves. Lack of differentiation. 

Yeah - a lot of the contrast the theme originally had didn't carry over (despite the upgrade scripts saying otherwise) - I'll be restoring stuff like that hopefully today and in the next few days.

13 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@Joyrex with the changes now there are no new notifications on mobile. It’s as if the whole function is disabled, I can go to an “activity” tab and it shows what people I’m following have posted, but no notifications re me being quoted or the members I’m following posts etc. Edit: the activity tab actually seems to just show general activity, it’s not limited to members I follow.

that content notification thing drives 90ish % of my activity tbh it would be really cruddy if it was gone 

I will check on this - probably a default setting they changed. You can also look under your users settings to see if possibly it now defaults to no and you can change it.

12 hours ago, zero said:

@Joyrex, I mentioned pre-2005 watmm earlier and that got me thinking...do you have any of the old forum content stored anywhere? Like some old hard drive or something? I know it was mostly mspaint stuff and tranny pics back then, but I do remember some moments of brilliance amidst the poop threads. Kinda like how you look at your old school papers hidden away in the closet/attic/garage every 10 years or so and you're like reminded of your old self or something...I'd be interested in seeing some of that if it still exists

I probably do - I know I have a CDR of emails from around early 2000 (!), and I have an old 40GB Buslink HDD that had old site stuff...

6 hours ago, hello spiral said:

yeah this. looks like the new ‘improved for boomers’ facebook layout. 

or xltronic

That's a low blow man - that is clearly  more than 240px of space wasted :dadjoke:

5 hours ago, hello spiral said:

@Joyrexis a boomer yes, which is why he is making these godawful design choices.

Yo joyboy every single layout option now is all crammed over to the left. It's very very annoying.

I now know where the settings that control this new 'feature' are, and I am seeing if we can have a compromise (like collapsed by default, or better a user choice). I will likely turn it off as I agree it cramps the layout too much.

Also, it is not a design choice I am making  - this is the forum software's latest version that introduced this new info panel for threads.

5 hours ago, chim said:

This is the display on Ipad pro, I'm sending this to r/softwaregore. The comment box is that beau blue instead of white as well 

6585F1EE-438F-46B8-B0F2-EA86AE493564.png

That is due to the theme not translating over correctly - I will be adjusting this to get it back to what we were accustomed to.

Just now, Hugh Mughnus said:

What I mean is, the whole “notifications” feature is gone. No more “burger” or private messages if you’re browsing on mobile. ?‍♂️

Can you post a screenshot?

Also, I have adjusted the info sidebar so it appears under the first post, and only on threads that go beyond 3 pages or more. It does NOT appear at all on mobile. Sound good?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

On my PC it’s fine, no changes. Just on mobile it’s gone.

1F60BD7E-8D1C-4AA7-9075-D5957A57247C.png

Mein Gott, you're right! I just checked myself. Let me see what's going on with that...

• Like 1

Just now, oscillik said:

Also that confirms that Tapatalk is still involved in this site in some way or other, despite it being a cesspool of shite!

I acquiesced to turning it back on for the users who vocally opposed me attempting to divorce WATMM from it...

Just now, Joyrex said:

I acquiesced to turning it back on for the users who vocally opposed me attempting to divorce WATMM from it...

Fair enough, I know who it was and the feds are being called as I type

27 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

On my PC it’s fine, no changes. Just on mobile it’s gone.

1F60BD7E-8D1C-4AA7-9075-D5957A57247C.png

Okay, this has been fixed. For some reason, the upgrade decided to omit an entire template ?... I'm wondering if instead of trying to "fix" this theme, is start from the base theme and just modify it to look like this one (which is what I did originally).

Just now, Joyrex said:

Okay, this has been fixed. For some reason, the upgrade decided to omit an entire template ?... I'm wondering if instead of trying to "fix" this theme, is start from the base theme and just modify it to look like this one (which is what I did originally).

Awesome thank you!!! It’s back ❤️ 

We're in the midst of a pandemic. Even when the avatars were circular the world continued to turn. Since then we've moved on. A man who does an unspecified job on cruise ship is having trouble with a burger emoji when he pinches the screen to zoom in. There is also a man who has an avatar that glitches in a cool style like an old MTV video who didn't take kindly to the suggestion that it hadn't uploaded properly in circular form, nor the criticism that such a gif was fairly contrived and done to death in this day an age. But all that pales into insignificance if we dig a little deeper. I have just seen a complaint from a German man who says theres something wrong with the size of the bell in his alert notifications. He thinks it would be better suited to a 27“ monitor rather than his Huawai P30. Theres a lesson there for all of us. 

• Haha 2

@Joyrex I like this new feature that inserts an “unread messages” note when you enter a thread. Is it possible to make the screen snap to the unread messages when you enter the thread though? The way it is now it snaps to the top of the thread and then you have to scroll all the way to the bottom. I thought before it usually went straight to the bottom.

Not sure if I’m making sense lol and totally a minor thing I just thought I’d suggest it. It makes more sense to me direct the user straight to the unread posts.

edit: I should add, this is on mobile again. When I browse on desktop it snaps straight to the unread messages. Only on mobile it goes to the top of the thread.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

That's it everything is perfect for me in mobile mode watmm classic... 

Except one little thing:

When I press the burger on top right it shows up with the right side cut:

Screenshot_2020-09-24-12-53-05.thumb.png.132693afff271b9c3bda3c692e2067a0.png

I need to pinch the screen with 2 fingers and zoom out to display it correctly:

Screenshot_2020-09-24-12-53-51.thumb.png.d1a4d1d156fac1987bfefff56951d900.png

And when I do that and close the burger menu, the entire page was zoomed out so I end up with extra background on the right side:

Screenshot_2020-09-24-12-54-03.thumb.png.8ac3fa42e14b6b555e0729cea5a89530.png

That's... odd. I didn't notice that when I tested on my iPhone X - can anyone else on Android confirm what @Tim_J is seeing?

27 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@Joyrex I like this new feature that inserts an “unread messages” note when you enter a thread. Is it possible to make the screen snap to the unread messages when you enter the thread though? The way it is now it snaps to the top of the thread and then you have to scroll all the way to the bottom. I thought before it usually went straight to the bottom.

Not sure if I’m making sense lol and totally a minor thing I just thought I’d suggest it. It makes more sense to me direct the user straight to the unread posts.

edit: I should add, this is on mobile again. When I browse on desktop it snaps straight to the unread messages. Only on mobile it goes to the top of the thread.

I'll have to test that as well... just like you, these are new features for me as well!

• Like 1

Just now, Tim_J said:

It doesn't happen in general banter front page though... 

So only within a thread? Let me try there - I've enabled the default theme (watch your eyes; it's BRIGHT) - let me know if you see the same behaviour.

No; not happening for me within threads either.

Soundcloud player became huge in signatures (represented earlier on this page), that's kinda annoying and i don't believe people will understand the error of their ways soon, so i'm willingly surrender to a bit of abuse of authority from the magnificent Site Administrator on this particular front, just a little correction for our otherwise beautiful democratic order!

5 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Works fine you know why? The burger is more to the left on this theme. Look:

1530443664_Screenshot_2020-09-24-15-38-412.thumb.png.5f23b7bb7bdf9a044d441216314512e5.png

1906411815_Screenshot_2020-09-24-12-54-032.thumb.png.7bbefc2e730d6dede261eff51d2f520d.png

That makes no sense - the menu the burger activates comes out from the right side of the page - the position of the item triggering it shouldn't have anything to do with it...

2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

But you can see that with this theme the burger is in a strange place right? It should be to the right of the search icon... 

Right - that's because in the old theme the software "upgraded" to the new version, it mysteriously left out the burger menu entirely, and I restored it but put it in the template where the other icons are (instead of the logo template)