IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

25 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

This is also in a strange place... Anyway this is probably my ocd acting again so you might as well just ignore me... Not just that, notice the position of my username and the windows dimensions... 

914155846_Screenshot_2020-09-24-15-54-292.thumb.png.011da09fc71d2611fba2ff040a90d90a.png

842031887_Screenshot_2020-09-24-15-53-532.thumb.png.ed8866179ae0017baf21f850a7b9d747.png

Yeah, the more I find stuff like this (and you pointing out things I didn't notice) makes me think the easier thing to do is redo the theme using the latest default theme as a base like I did last time.

24 minutes ago, diatoms said:

@Joyrex any update on alignment & font?

Unfortunately I have gotten no word on whether I can add buttons to the editor's built-in right click menu, so nothing yet.

20 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Another example the X is cut... I need to zoom out to see that whole notification... I'm gonna stop now... 

1932285956_Screenshot_2020-09-24-16-01-262.thumb.png.94566fd8992157c81947a43fffa516e3.png

Yeah, better to start from scratch...

19 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Chrome on iOS, like all other browsers available for iOS are just wrappers for WebKit

So you really can't rely on alternative browsers on iOS for testing purposes, unfortunately

Yes, I am aware of that (thanks, Apple!) - I still test in Chrome because Chrome's er, chrome can affect viewport sizing, etc. I am sure this issue would exist in Safari as well since it looks to be more CSS related than anything else.

As I mentioned above, I am going to rebuild WATMM Classic using the latest default theme as a base and that way the templates/code will be in a better state than whatever process "upgraded" this theme to the latest version.

9 minutes ago, Joyrex said:
38 minutes ago, diatoms said:

@Joyrex any update on alignment & font?

Unfortunately I have gotten no word on whether I can add buttons to the editor's built-in right click menu, so nothing yet.

Would you mind asking again please?

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I still have another problem... Been having it since the last update before this one... 

I've mentioned it before... I have 3 different keyboards on my cellphone and none of them are able to delete emoticons or quote windows...

I'm trying to delete the quote window below and I can only delete the text that's inside... If I keep pressing delete after I delete all the text I get that text below it... With 3 different keyboards none of them work... 

Does anyone else have this problem? It also happens when I try to delete emoticons... 

Blockquote widget

Both of these occur for me as well on mobile.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

This keyboard solves the problem but it's a pain in the ass to keep switching between keyboards just because of this... 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard&hl=en_US

And you might ask, why not use that one always if it solved the problem? Well I don't like it... Infinite configurations but it lacks the most basic ones... 

I should add, I’m on IOS! 

This keyboard solves the problem but it's a pain in the ass to keep switching between keyboards just because of this... 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard&hl=en_US

And you might ask, why not use that one always if it solved the problem? Well I don't like it... Infinite configurations but it lacks the most basic ones... 

It's really odd a specific keyboard solves this problem, since I would imagine the input from the device to the browser (at that level) should be the same no matter what specific input device is used...

8 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

It's really odd a specific keyboard solves this problem, since I would imagine the input from the device to the browser (at that level) should be the same no matter what specific input device is used...

It’s strange yeah - and like timj said this was before the recent upgrade. Like it highlights emojis and quote boxes(draws a blue box around them) but I can’t actually delete them. Also can’t insert the cursor after an emoji. I can’t add to a post by editing I have to make a new post and have them merge.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

@Joyrex

Impossible to delete mentions as well... 

Anyway you probably know this:

https://docs.elementor.com/article/278-blockquote

That's for Wordpress - this forum is driven by Invision Power Software. Once I get the theme sorted out we can see what can be done about this issue

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Ftr not complaining at all! Just sharing in case it helps you work out some kinks. ?

No, this is all very helpful since I don't have an android phone to test on

13 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Yep, that's what I thought - nice to see LinusTechTips uses Invision Board as well! ?

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Everything is so huge and chunky.

It hasn't changed that drastically - you might want to try Incognito Mode or a different browser just to see if you aren't somehow caching old style sheets and things are getting weirdly mixed up... and I am assuming you're using the WATMM Classic skin, right?

3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

It hasn't changed that drastically - you might want to try Incognito Mode or a different browser just to see if you aren't somehow caching old style sheets and things are getting weirdly mixed up... and I am assuming you're using the WATMM Classic skin, right?

No he’s right - something seems to have changed overnight. 

Or maybe I’ve somehow inadvertently changed a setting. Everything is all expanded now. Wasn’t like this for me yesterday!

C62C12D2-1F12-4CB0-83E9-204D90ED3EE9.png

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

What do you mean? That 1st post preview under the thread title? 

Just now, Hugh Mughnus said:

Yeah - I can’t seem to get rid of it. ?

Ah - I turned that on - I take it you guys don't like it?

Just now, Joyrex said:

Ah - I turned that on - I take it you guys don't like it?

?‍♂️ It doesn’t bother me that much tbh I’m not too picky. But I was thinking maybe that’s what squee meant by huge/chunky!

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Those buttons don't change anything for me, the view is the same either way for some reason. That was the first thing I tried.

The buttons work for me on both mobile and desktop views.