Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

ClipboarderTemp-e3ad53.thumb.png.9a165ab901ebfed23d7f6e17de20f4ae.png

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 2

@Joyrex

yo, once i asked why some of the threads i followed were disappearing from my followed content list and you explained that every content without activity for a month would be automatically deleted from the followed content lists because it takes too much memory or something...

but, is it possible to avoid this to happen to our won threads?

thanks!

it's not a competition Michael!

Yes, Michael, it's not a competition!

YES

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, Tim_J said:

@Joyrex

yo, once i asked why some of the threads i followed were disappearing from my followed content list and you explained that every content without activity for a month would be automatically deleted from the followed content lists because it takes too much memory or something...

but, is it possible to avoid this to happen to our won threads?

thanks!

You mean threads where you "won the day" or something like that? I don't think so...

28 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

You mean threads where you "won the day" or something like that? I don't think so...

Every time the forum reaches 1.9 million posts around 50,000 disappear. I've seen it happen twice now.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

shit i meant own, not won, lol...

threads i follow... i can follow my own threads and i can follow threads created by other users...

Can you turn off the auto—unfollow after 30 days or set it to never for our own threads?

Edited by Tim_J

32 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

shit i meant own, not won, lol...

threads i follow... i can follow my own threads and i can follow threads created by other users...

Can you turn off the auto—unfollow after 30 days or set it to never for our own threads?

Ah, okay:

image.png

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Ah, okay:

image.png

thanks papa

I'm not sure if that has been brought up before, but it would be nice to be able to jump to a particular date in a thread. Otherwise I have to keep jumping back 10 pages and hoping I get the right date.

• Like 1

There maybe should be a limit on how many posts a user can post within a certain time frame? :emotawesomepm9:

@Joyrexyoyo is it possible to have a feature like facebook where you can check all your liked content? On facebook you have a list with all the content you reacted to... You can also save posts, is it possible with this forum software? 

Can't you find that stuff in your profile page?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gocab said:

Can't you find that stuff in your profile page?

can you?

in my profile's front page i have an activity tab which shows everything, threads started, posts and reactions and reactions to my posts all mixed up... i cannot filter... and there's a see my activity button that leads me to a page where i can choose between my topics and posts, but no reactions...

Edited by Tim_J

6 hours ago, Tim_J said:

@Joyrexyoyo is it possible to have a feature like facebook where you can check all your liked content? On facebook you have a list with all the content you reacted to... You can also save posts, is it possible with this forum software? 

Either this or the ability to bookmark topics and/or posts would be very convenient.  

Are you guys receiving notifications when somebody tags you on a post? Isn't that what it is for? I don't think it's working...

Most members ever online was 330, last accomplished on 22 hours ago.

Wow, so many members.... but not many posts

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Wow, so many members.... but not many posts

A lot of people lurk... and right now things are quiet music-wise, no? I can tell you over the past 20 years, it's consistently been like this.

What do you think would increase people posting (and is quantity over quality what we want), or more members to join? Do we really want that?

10 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Are you guys receiving notifications when somebody tags you on a post? Isn't that what it is for? I don't think it's working...

On 6/27/2020 at 7:39 PM, user said:
On 6/27/2020 at 1:23 PM, Tim_J said:

Either this or the ability to bookmark topics and/or posts would be very convenient.

12 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I looked into this... there is an addon for the forum, but the developer charges 30USD for it, and 9USD every 6 months for renewals. I'll have to look at the forum budget to see if we can sustain adding it.

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I looked into this... there is an addon for the forum, but the developer charges 30USD for it, and 9USD every 6 months for renewals. I'll have to look at the forum budget to see if we can sustain adding it.

alright thanks, you should make a poll though, maybe it's not worth if it's just 2 or 3 users who want it...

what about the tagging thingy? is it broken?

if you're using a browser it has built in bookmarking capability, just saying.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:44 PM, Joyrex said:

A lot of people lurk... and right now things are quiet music-wise, no? I can tell you over the past 20 years, it's consistently been like this.

What do you think would increase people posting (and is quantity over quality what we want), or more members to join? Do we really want that?

Yes true, we are slightly quiet on "big" releases but loads going on in self release / digital world.

I guess I just saw the record being beaten and looked at recent posts... Quality is definitely preferable to quantity as has been the case recently.  Not a complaint more an observation