IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Ah - I turned that on - I take it you guys don't like it?

just wanted to let you know that I'm in the "don't like it" camp. I feel it breaks up the flow of the posts with info I'm not interested in knowing about. 

also is the "who read this topic" blue link new? maybe I missed this being discussed earlier. 

4 minutes ago, zero said:

just wanted to let you know that I'm in the "don't like it" camp. I feel it breaks up the flow of the posts with info I'm not interested in knowing about. 

also is the "who read this topic" blue link new? maybe I missed this being discussed earlier. 

What button?

32 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

So inserting a box (that is collapsed by default) under the first post is making things huge...?

just to clarify what I meant (in a seaparate post) about things being huge> it seems to me the padding around posts, signatures, and buttons is greater than before.  I clearly remember being able to see 2 posts in a small-ish browser window, and now it can't even fit a whole post in a similar size window.

gao4t3M.jpg

They pop up instantly here ? I'm unable to delete them after they're inserted into the text though.

Edited by Silent Member

On 9/25/2020 at 5:34 PM, zero said:

please tell me you just did something to remove it and I'm not imagining it was just recently there...

Yeah, I did  - just messing with you. That button is only for Mods/Admins and I guess the forum upgrade reset permissions. We originally offered it to everyone, but some people had privacy concerns.

On 9/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, Tim_J said:

This is only on desktop right? I think it's fugly too... Place it over the 1st post instead... IMHO... 

Then people will complain they have to scroll to see the first post... I'm thinking of turning it off altogether until the forum software vendor can find a more elegant solution for this (because I think the information could be useful in some cases).

On 9/25/2020 at 8:01 PM, Tim_J said:

I've been having another problem since the last update before this one on chrome Android watmm classic: I can use the emoticons from my keyboard just fine... But id I press the emoticon icon to use the board emoticons on a post my window gets all messed up...  When I'm ready to write the message this is what I see:

Screenshot_2020-09-25-20-41-27.thumb.png.3f6b686ec9105b8967fc5c89e4b73b8d.png

After this I press the emoticon icon up there in between the link and quote icons and I get this:

Screenshot_2020-09-25-20-41-56.thumb.png.3f4d03473f6dac6f4e58006d36fcd620.png

Then I remove my keyboard from the screen and I get this:

Screenshot_2020-09-25-20-42-23.thumb.png.ee994cf0c9df910015e95f27578da05f.png

The place where my keyboard was gets empty and I need to wait like 1 minute so that everything shows up:

Screenshot_2020-09-25-20-43-00.thumb.png.03beeacd23624b56fe51ff3994facdde.png

And then when I scroll down to see the board emoticons that are in the bottom of that window I can't because the window only loads emoticons until here:

Screenshot_2020-09-25-20-43-29.thumb.png.73b30a83e45dcc3389dda4a6ded3b6cd.png

First off, I appreciate the detailed info - but the fact others are not experiencing this makes me think more and more it might just be your phone, I'm sorry to say. Also, does any of this happen with the IPS theme (the forum default theme)?

22 hours ago, Tim_J said:

i still think this desktop font is quite meh... it's too bulky/bold/round i dunno...

In mobile it's great... 

The font is set to Inter now (the default system font for the forum) and I really don't see that much difference in your screenshots versus what I am typing now...

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

this happens on 2 of my phones, with 2 different android versions and 2 different chrome versions as well... but maybe, now that i think about it, maybe it's my shitty internet connection here on the ship so, nvrmnd...

This is desktop for me:

And this is mobile... wtf, this is a mobile screenshot and it looks totally different from what i actually see on my mobile's screen... wtf is going on... ?
Screenshot_2020-09-28-13-25-46.thumb.png.889f23e15732b3117d57a73ec5798ad7.png

If I had to guess, your browser is caching bits of WATMM - I know it's a PITA, but try clearing your cache/cookies for WATMM and see if that improves things.

And I will add that Inter is a Google Font, so I would be very surprised if it wasn't supported on Android...

Seems you have removed other useful features, too. I think you're getting old, my dude. At this point, maybe it's better for you to do nothing than to do demented & foolish things and implement bullshit while messing with things that have & had worked. Maybe get some help by younger & smarter people who actually understand new media and are still at the height of their mental capabilities (unlike a lot of people of your age cohort, apparently). Please help preserve this community and don't make idiotic decisions for self-complacent reasons. It just annoys users. They won't go away, but they won't like what you do. And at some point, they might go away after all. Get your head out of your ass, that's all I'm asking for. No offence! Love & Light

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, dingformung said:

@Joyrex Did you remove that button that allows to show all posts of a user in a topic? One of the few times you actually implement something useful and then you remove it. No surprise here, I guess. Your skills as an admin obviously leave a lot to be desired.

No, it's right next to the multiquote button (the magnifying glass) - Your skills as a mouth-breather are apparently still intact though, and leave nothing to be desired.

17 hours ago, dingformung said:

Seems you have removed other useful features, too. I think you're getting old, my dude. At this point, maybe it's better for you to do nothing than to do demented & foolish things and implement bullshit while messing with things that have & had worked. Maybe get some help by younger & smarter people who actually understand new media and are still at the height of their mental capabilities (unlike a lot of people of your age cohort, apparently). Please help preserve this community and don't make idiotic decisions for self-complacent reasons. It just annoys users. They won't go away, but they won't like what you do. And at some point, they might go away after all. Get your head out of your ass, that's all I'm asking for. No offence! Love & Light

I haven't removed anything else - the forum upgrade did move things around (like to report a post is now in the "kebab" menu in the upper right), but that's change - being the young, snot-nosed millenial you likely are, you should be all about change, right?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

It's not... I've tried desktop and mobile, no luck... I even tried 3 different themes... ?

Turns out the forum upgrade reset the permissions (because all the add-ins had to be reimported, which was a PITA) - Only System Admins could see it - you all should be able to now.

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

I still think the football subforum takes too much space up there... I think it should be a forum in general discussion instead of a subforum in general banter... 

Also, there's too much pinned threads... 

My 2 cents... 

Pinned threads come and go...

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

1868551756_Bildschirmfoto2020-10-01um21_25_09.png.e72ec31433f796b61ce5caeb3ee14521.png

As you can see it isn't.

Why do you spread false information?

See my explanation above... why do you spread negativity by saying things like that instead of just being helpful in posting a screenshot (and save the comment)?

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, Tim_J said:

What about this? Will you reconsider? 

btw you're still trying to fix the classic theme for Android right? 

I'm not fixing themes for any platform per se - I am trying to get the colours back to where they were (and debating whether it is better to start fresh on a base theme vs trying to fix all the things in this migrated theme)

• Like 1

Would be nice if the feature where if you posted in the same thread twice within 5 min or so the posts would automatically get merged. I tend to do a lot of double posting and it makes me sick to see 2 of my own posts in a row but at the same time can't be bothered to do anything about it.

1 hour ago, user said:

Would be nice if the feature where if you posted in the same thread twice within 5 min or so the posts would automatically get merged. I tend to do a lot of double posting and it makes me sick to see 2 of my own posts in a row but at the same time can't be bothered to do anything about it.

That feature seems to be working though? At least for me it is!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, user said:

Limit is 2 minutes (within 2 minutes, posts are merged)

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Limit is 2 minutes (within 2 minutes, posts are merged)

Ah, figures. I’m a bit slow, eh. Would it be possible to up the limit a bit? 

3 minutes ago, user said:

Ah, figures. I’m a bit slow, eh. Would it be possible to up the limit a bit? 

I suppose - let's say 3 minutes, so we don't have the unintended side effect of people's posts getting merged while others are posting and losing context/reference.

• Like 1