IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

5 minutes ago, user said:

Cheers. I assumed posts would only get merged if no one posts during the consolidation period.

That's probably how it works, actually... but I upped it to 3 minutes so let's see how that goes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 12:46 AM, psn said:

Pressing "Next" takes me to the bottom of the next page on Android. 

Edit: Seems OK now. 

Nah, still does it irregularly. 

On 9/24/2020 at 12:26 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Is it possible to make the screen snap to the unread messages when you enter the thread though? The way it is now it snaps to the top of the thread and then you have to scroll all the way to the bottom. I thought before it usually went straight to the bottom.

Not sure if I’m making sense lol and totally a minor thing I just thought I’d suggest it. It makes more sense to me direct the user straight to the unread posts.

edit: I should add, this is on mobile again. When I browse on desktop it snaps straight to the unread messages. Only on mobile it goes to the top of the thread.

Just thought I’d check on this! It’s really annoying it doesn’t work on mobile. ?

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 4:23 AM, user said:

I do hope that doesn’t mean there will be even more compartmentalisation. 

No; I see no reason for a Q & A forum at this time.

If you want a feeling of less compartmentalization, you might try the "Fluid" forum view:

image.png

You only select the forums/subforums you want info from and you get a singular Topics listing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

No; I see no reason for a Q & A forum at this time.

If you want a feeling of less compartmentalization, you might try the "Fluid" forum view:

image.png

You only select the forums/subforums you want info from and you get a singular Topics listing.

Cheers! Haven’t tried it yet but that seems like a great feature. 

12 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

The only difference between those 2 icons is this. Can't find that tick boxes menu... 

IMG_20201026_163315.png

Scroll up a bit above the "Start New Topic" button - you should see a blue dropdown link that says "Showing topics from all forums" which will give you the Filter by Forum modal window.

• Thanks 1

I think a thread starter has the ability to mark threads as solved by choosing a post as the solution, the lucky member posting that then gets the solved counter.

2 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

I think a thread starter has the ability to mark threads as solved by choosing a post as the solution, the lucky member posting that then gets the solved counter.

Allright, thanks! I have been wondering what it meant for a while so my curiousity got the better of me lol

1 hour ago, zero said:

why does it now say "1 viewing" behind some forums, when actually there are more people viewing than that?

Working on a new feature to spur more involvement...

@JoyrexIm not sure if you changed anything but I wanted to say my new messages (direct messages) indicator seems to be working now. It gives me both a notification + indicator for my inbox so all good! Working on both desktop and mobile/ios. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dingformung said:

when using a VPN

There's your answer - I get the same weirdness too with my work VPN (although it eventually resolves and renders the tweet in my case)

• 2 weeks later...