Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

18 hours ago, Tim_J said:

But that way I can't choose to search inside a specific thread... Imagine i wanna find your review of transformers in films recently watched... 

There might be an addon for this, so let me see

• Thanks 1

@Joyrex - I typically browse on edge and iPhone, just happened to be online tonight when I got a DM so I got a live notification I had been messaged - turns out I had a couple waiting for me from various peeps over the last several months but the nice little red “!” was never showing up when I logged on? Any ideas? I don’t check my dms very frequently so if the indicator doesn’t show up I’ll prob miss em for months. 

the new content indicator always shows when I log in and that’s where I focus my attention. Not sure why the DM one isn’t 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

On 9/6/2020 at 10:46 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

@Joyrex - I typically browse on edge and iPhone, just happened to be online tonight when I got a DM so I got a live notification I had been messaged - turns out I had a couple waiting for me from various peeps over the last several months but the nice little red “!” was never showing up when I logged on? Any ideas? I don’t check my dms very frequently so if the indicator doesn’t show up I’ll prob miss em for months. 

the new content indicator always shows when I log in and that’s where I focus my attention. Not sure why the DM one isn’t 🤷‍♂️

So on mobile, there is no new PM indicator showing when you tap the three bars (the hamburger) in the upper right?

1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

So on mobile, there is no new PM indicator showing when you tap the three bars (the hamburger) in the upper right?

Correct yes - I’m getting the red number indicator for notifications (people I follow have posted) but not for private messages. Both on mobile & edge on my pc. 

if it’s only happening to me it’s no biggie but I figured I’d throw it in this thread in case it’s happening to others! 

🙂

6 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Correct yes - I’m getting the red number indicator for notifications (people I follow have posted) but not for private messages. Both on mobile & edge on my pc. 

if it’s only happening to me it’s no biggie but I figured I’d throw it in this thread in case it’s happening to others! 

🙂

I'll send you a PM right now - please post a screenshot of what you see (or rather what you don't see)

10 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I'll send you a PM right now - please post a screenshot of what you see (or rather what you don't see)

A1C4FC6A-DE73-4333-A7C0-ED2597195C83.png

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

A1C4FC6A-DE73-4333-A7C0-ED2597195C83.png

And if you click on the hamburger, does the count show over the notifications bell/PM icon?

Just now, Joyrex said:

And if you click on the hamburger, does the count show over the notifications bell/PM icon?

Negative - but it works for other notifications (like you quoting me right now).

B339DDD9-1259-421D-83CC-DDBEAAAD527D.png

13 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Negative - but it works for other notifications (like you quoting me right now).

B339DDD9-1259-421D-83CC-DDBEAAAD527D.png

I honestly never noticed this before... can anyone else confirm/deny?

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I honestly never noticed this before... can anyone else confirm/deny?

Pm me 

• Like 1

It's working for me... 

Screenshot_20200909-180356.png

Hi @Joyrex can we have alignment and font size on right-click please

5 hours ago, diatoms said:

Hi @Joyrex can we have alignment and font size on right-click please

I looked into this, and currently am awaiting a response from the forum vendor to find out if buttons can be added to their right-click menu which is already built into the editor (CTRL+right click). I cannot add an addon right click menu since it conflicts with the vendor's custom one, so unless they say it can be done, there might not be a solution for this.

How are you centering your text? Are you putting spaces in lieu of having the alignment options?

Also, there is a major forum upgrade that I am probably going to install Friday or next week (waiting to see how others fare with it to make sure it's stable enough and also need to check if all our addons have updated versions that support the update), so that may bring some options as well.