Jump to content

New Forum Discussion/Issues


Joyrex
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 3/10/2021 at 8:13 PM, Joyrex said:

Ah, that - yeah, unfortunately not possible at present. 

 

I guess you dug too deep in your existing attachments :emotawesomepm9:

 

also yesterday I read someone just mentioned old downtime of watmm and I was like "welp, here we go again!" 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Adamovich said:

 

I guess you dug too deep in your existing attachments :emotawesomepm9:

 

also yesterday I read someone just mentioned old downtime of watmm and I was like "welp, here we go again!" 😂

They jinxed it! :dadjoke: It is/was really weird what happened... hopefully we figure it out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no CSS for me, but only when logged in. I tried clearing cache/cookies and disabling adblocker. Firefox 86 on linux.

 

watmm.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding this new bigbrain reaction.. I'm all for it. BUT the black circular background makes it almost impossible to tell what it is. I had to go to the big brains thread to see a larger version to be able to identify what/who. Imo it would be much better if it were just a clean cutout of the head

 

  • Big Brain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, Tim_J said:

same shit keeps happening on mobile, watmm is now an app... :facepalm:

So this only happens when you access WATMM via a bookmark?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, Tim_J said:

same shit keeps happening on mobile, watmm is now an app... :facepalm:

Okay, I think I fixed it at long last (I thought turning it off would address the issue, but apparently not) - try now and let me know. I tried it on iOS and now the bookmark opens in a standard browser view, no UI modifications, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Okay, I think I fixed it at long last (I thought turning it off would address the issue, but apparently not) - try now and let me know. I tried it on iOS and now the bookmark opens in a standard browser view, no UI modifications, etc.

ty!

it's not an app anymore... it opens in the default browser, perfect...

but, no matter what link I add to my homescreen (genban, music discussion, ylc, etc), all of them redirect me to the same link (https://forum.watmm.com/)... 

Edited by Tim_J
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

ty!

it's not an app anymore... it opens in the default browser, perfect...

but, no matter what link I add to my homescreen (genban, music discussion, ylc, etc), all of them redirect me to the same link (https://forum.watmm.com/)... 

That I'm not so sure about - the setting for "set a custom URL for the landing page" is turned OFF in the settings. Let me do some research and see what I can find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

So this only happens when you access WATMM via a bookmark?

NO

this happens via add shortcut to home screen function on every browser... via that, the shortcuts would open in app mode... but now, that, is fixed... they finally open in the default browser...

problem: all of the created homescreen shortcuts lead you to the same place, forum.watmm.com

I feel like a parrot... 

 

bookmarks were never a problem... 

Edited by Tim_J
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

NO

this happens via add shortcut to home screen function on every browser... via that, the shortcuts would open in app mode... but now, that, is fixed... they finally open in the default browser...

problem: all of the created homescreen shortcuts lead you to the same place, forum.watmm.com

I feel like a parrot... 

 

bookmarks were never a problem... 

Okay, on iOS /Android you cannot edit the URL for the home screen shortcut. Nothing to do with the forum.

You can, however, put bookmarks on your home screen from your Chrome bookmarks: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/adding-one-touch-bookmarks-to-your-androids-home-screen/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Okay, on iOS /Android you cannot edit the URL for the home screen shortcut.

i know... it was never possible, but it was also never needed... this works with other every other link... every link i add to my home screen obviously redirects me exactly to the link i added to my home screen, it doesn't redirect me to the main page of said link... that's just nonsense...

you fixed this once so there's no doubt that something can be done but apparently it only annoys me so, don't fret no more...

the solution from that website doesn't work on my android... the only chrome widgets i can add to my home screen are the entire bookmark list and a search bar... no single bookmark widget for me...

/last post

Edited by Tim_J
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

cba to read this entire thread, but

we should have a like/thumbs up icon for liking posts, the heart doesn't always fit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pizza said:

cba to read this entire thread, but

we should have a like/thumbs up icon for liking posts, the heart doesn't always fit

next to a burger we should also have a pizza!

  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, pizza said:

cba to read this entire thread, but

we should have a like/thumbs up icon for liking posts, the heart doesn't always fit

Agreed - I was thinking the same thing last week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Joyrex this isn’t a big deal or anything but figured I’d report it anyways. On iOs when you first log in and it gives the option to use tapatalk or continue with the browser (pic below), I can’t actually click either of the buttons or otherwise navigate the site unless I hit the refresh button. Only after hitting refresh can I choose an option. Really weird.

This is on iPhone 8 & Xr.

Again not really a big deal but figured I’d report it in case it’s linked to any other issues 🤷‍♂️ 

6953992D-DE1A-4CCA-8741-4018C162A89E.png

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@Joyrex this isn’t a big deal or anything but figured I’d report it anyways. On iOs when you first log in and it gives the option to use tapatalk or continue with the browser (pic below), I can’t actually click either of the buttons or otherwise navigate the site unless I hit the refresh button. Only after hitting refresh can I choose an option. Really weird.

This is on iPhone 8 & Xr.

Again not really a big deal but figured I’d report it in case it’s linked to any other issues 🤷‍♂️ 

6953992D-DE1A-4CCA-8741-4018C162A89E.png

I just tried on Safari (iOS 14.5, iPhone X) and had no issues clicking "continue" for Safari.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Joyrex said:

I just tried on Safari (iOS 14.5, iPhone X) and had no issues clicking "continue" for Safari.

Weird. I thought maybe it was my old iPhone 8 but I got these xrs a couple weeks back and it persists. Software version is 14.4.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...