IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

i'm on my internet at home, nothing should be blocked like he ran into....and twitter.com works just fine for me. glad to test or whatever suggestions. not a big deal either, just mentioning it

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

thnx joyrex. the poopypants era is over.

So... is Poopypants now up for grabs as a user name?

Asking for a friend. jk i don't have friends.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, psn said:

Alright, we'll see!

why can't i uquote anyone

edit: why couldnt i quote that one joyrex reply. ugh

Edited by dr lopez

probably on the to-do list but i'm not sure if I've seen anyone mention it....

search is basically broken, getting zero or unimaginably small amounts of results for terms. probably has to do with the 'indexing' old site stuff I guess? idk, not a big deal but just wanted to make sure it was known

?

ewww, just visited on pc. Soundcloud signatures are way too big and obnoxious.

49 minutes ago, zero said:

looks like the joined date under our signatures got removed?

You can hover the cursor over their avatar and it shows it.

• Like 1

almost positive that I'm the only one who feels this way, but I'm not a huge fan of the react/like/reputation stuff. feels like everywhere on the internet is a popularity contest now.

lol knew that post was going to get the sad emoji. but I'm serious, it changes the dynamics of things (maybe for the better but idk).

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I havesubmitted a ticket for this; let me check on the status and get back with you.

yay, it works now! thanks ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

• yes html, was there forever, top left corner of the editor... it was quite handy to correct some bugs like videos not embedding correctly etc... and i used it mostly to copy paste quotes from other threads into the one i was posting at... i also used it to divide your quote into multiple quotes in order to be able to reply to each one of your sentences... mcbpete also used it:

• is the editor customizable by the users or you're the one taking care of it? 

• I'm talking about paragraph size, not text... too much space between each line of a text... I'm noticing now it only happens when writing the post, after u save it it gets alright... except for signatures, my signature is simple text, enter, text, enter... and those huge spaces between lines are there...

see, i wanna fine tune that bullet list above and i can't... enormous space between the bullets... with the old forum i'd simply edit the source code...

anyway thanks for all your hard work...

Ah! The BBCode Edit mode!

I have a lot of control over the editor (can even add other buttons and functionality since it's built on CKEditor, a popular WYSIWYG editor), so that might be possible.

2 hours ago, auxien said:

probably on the to-do list but i'm not sure if I've seen anyone mention it....

search is basically broken, getting zero or unimaginably small amounts of results for terms. probably has to do with the 'indexing' old site stuff I guess? idk, not a big deal but just wanted to make sure it was known

?

yeah, search will be broken until all the indexes are done rebuilding, etc. That being said, search on the new forum is still ca ca unless we look at Elasticsearch (which is potentially expensive with a forum of our size).

2 hours ago, zero said:

looks like the joined date under our signatures got removed?

That was (I believe) an addon; there might be a new version to restore that (although I am actually considering 'pruning' a lot of that info under each person's avatar...

1 hour ago, Gocab said:

ewww, just visited on pc. Soundcloud signatures are way too big and obnoxious.

Yeah, I know - I'm looking into an addon that will allow more control over the embedded media objects like SoundCloud. On that note, Bandcamp may no longer be possible due to Bandcamp not using the oEmbed standard. Might need to get a custom addon made (or the aforementioned addon may accomplish that).

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

You can hover the cursor over their avatar and it shows it.

Yeah, I think stuff like that may be better suited for people's profile pages/cards and not repeated endlessly on the forum posts.

48 minutes ago, tneuvm said:

almost positive that I'm the only one who feels this way, but I'm not a huge fan of the react/like/reputation stuff. feels like everywhere on the internet is a popularity contest now.

I'm mixed about it too - whereas I like the Reactions (those are fun and I think we can come up with some WATMM-specific ones (bring back the burger so it won't get fixed)), I don't really like the Reputation (and the fact I am super negative on rep has NOTHING to do with it *wipes tears*). I've consulted with the vendor about it and unfortunately there is no way to have Reactions without Reputation, BUT we can just not assign value to Reactions, and that will essentially negate Reputation (still having it display is something I am still working out).

25 minutes ago, chronical said:

whoa there's 1.8 million posts on this forum? that's insane! wonder if you could count the lols

SELECT *
FROM watmm_posts
WHERE post_body LIKE '%lol%'

:dadjoke:

51 minutes ago, tneuvm said:

I don't really care about it in this context cuz it's not determining what content you see, or in what order, etc. it's still an old fashioned message board in terms of the order and categorization of content, unlike something like Twitter or Reddit where the stuff that gets liked more is what you see more of, and so on

Edited by mushroom
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chronical said:

joyrex u have ruined my avatar format. very angry, will sue shortly

T'wasn't me! It was the evil upgrade script!

LOL I just noticed I STILL have a round background behind my avatar because I used a transparent PNG... fml

• Sad 1