IGNORED

Tracks made by Mozex Final Topic

Mozex

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I removed all recent songs because someone told me they had clipping problems. I guess I will use Mastering box again because I never seem to have had that problem then. Only have to wait for money next week to buy a sub

like the bit where the drums drop out there, nice interplay between the different synth textures and it's catchy and fun. the beat is good and catchy as well but the whole thing doesn't feel like it does maybe enough for me....it sorta feels like an intro or a verse and i keep waiting for the chorus to hit, if you know what i mean? sorta just hoping for a different progression melodically, make it really feel like it's going from A to B to C. :)

3 minutes ago, auxien said:

like the bit where the drums drop out there, nice interplay between the different synth textures and it's catchy and fun. the beat is good and catchy as well but the whole thing doesn't feel like it does maybe enough for me....it sorta feels like an intro or a verse and i keep waiting for the chorus to hit, if you know what i mean? sorta just hoping for a different progression melodically, make it really feel like it's going from A to B to C. ?

I understand, will try to do better next time.

18 For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”

20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, God decided, through the foolishness of our proclamation, to save those who believe. 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks desire wisdom, 23 but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength.

26 Consider your own call, brothers and sisters:[a] not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, 29 so that no one[c] might boast in the presence of God. 30 He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 in order that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in[d] the Lord.”

New track:

21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

mozex, seriously - don't fucking use an internet 90s electronic music forum as a preaching ground. it's not cool.

also, you are totally fucking spamming the place up and not engaging in the community, commenting or critiquing anybody else's music etc. this is not your personal dumping ground for mediocre preset based musical flatulence.

Matthew 5

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does anyone care what drum patterns anyone uses?  As long as the composition is well-designed, it will not matter.

"Mozex - Ephesians 4:26-32" has plenty of melodic action, and reverberated bass.  The drum parts could be broken up a bit, though.  It has the feel of a montage.  No special drum-pattern work necessary here:  Simply vary when the different drum parts come in and out of the piece, and that would give the piece enough emotion to not sound like a montage.  However, if the goal was to create a montage, then this will do the job.

Mozex, the copying and pasting of a drum loop over a whole piece like this is what makes it sound less than it could have.  Instead of working with drum loops, try your hand at a drum machine, or work with individual drum hits, so you can control what parts of the drum line to vary throughout the piece.  If you can compose a melody, then you should be able to compose a drum line.  Otherwise, if you wrote the synth lines yourself and have no desire trying anything else, then I would recommend dropping out percussion altogether, and just write abstract, ambient pieces.  Now, if you didn't write the synth lines yourself, and they were just synth loop samples as well, then... that would have been some epic trolling on the WATMM.

Archived