IGNORED

Tracks made by Mozex Final Topic

Mozex

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BCM said:

what's that weird red thing? is that a seat?

If you mean that thing next to the table, it is to put your feet on

Some attempts at constructive criticism, I'm a crap producer so take this all with a grain of salt:

All of your melodies make me picture someone hitting keys on a keyboard. I'm not sure why but I think it's partly down to the lack of variation between notes; try adding some more automation, like a filter cutoff modulated by a slow lfo, or have parameters tied to the velocity and add some more expression. Also you could try making the notes bleed into each other more, for example by slowing down the attack and release or using some portamento.

Another thing: IMO some of your harmonies just don't work. In particular, often when you add a new instrument while repeating a melody from the previous section, some notes in the new melody clash with notes in the old melody. May I suggest that you listen out for this when adding new parts, and when notes sound wrong together, change the offending notes in the old melody so they sit more nicely with the new ones? In addition to eliminating the clashes this may give your tunes more of a sense of progression.

16 hours ago, Mozex said:

Hey! This is pretty great. Where did you get the vocals samples from (guessing it's not you singing :-P)? Sounds sort of anime-ish or something

57 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Hey! This is pretty great. Where did you get the vocals samples from (guessing it's not you singing :-P)? Sounds sort of anime-ish or something

5 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Got them from sample magic, it was called EDM vocals or something like that but its not available anymore on that website. Bought it a few months ago.

I figured out that I aint good in making melodies so I am trying it now this way...

Why don't you just download full pre-rendered tracks? Or collections of them? I've heard there are people selling some good  pre-assembled tracks that you don't need to change at all. So you basically just download a sound and that's the final track, no need to play any music yourself. It's much easier and more efficient than making your own sounds or even than playing preset sounds on a keyboard. Think about it

32 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Why don't you just download full pre-rendered tracks? Or collections of them? I've heard there are people selling some good  pre-assembled tracks that you don't need to change at all. So you basically just download a sound and that's the final track, no need to play any music yourself. It's much easier and more efficient than making your own sounds or even than playing preset sounds on a keyboard. Think about it

I think I am just gonna leave this site for what it is. I hope you feel good about making me feel bad.

1 hour ago, Mozex said:

I think I am just gonna leave this site for what it is. I hope you feel good about making me feel bad.

My point wasn't to make you feel bad. My point is that I'd rather listen to presumably "bad" melodies and sounds that you made yourself than to some presets and loops you downloaded somewhere. But I totally understand that presets & ready made loops might be one step on your musical path. Though it's much more rewarding to create your own sounds, even if they might sound odd (imho)

And don't act like a 5 year old threatening us all to leave because you were criticized

I don't dislike you

10 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

My point wasn't to make you feel bad. My point is that I'd rather listen to presumably "bad" melodies and sounds that you made yourself than to some presets and loops you downloaded somewhere. But I totally understand that presets & ready made loops might be one step on your musical path. Though it's much more rewarding to create your own sounds, even if they might sound odd (imho)

And don't act like a 5 year old threatening us all to leave because you were criticized

I don't dislike you

So you actually believe that I am the one acting like a child? Hmmm okay. Your opinion is just ridiculous. I can not make drums so I use a loop, I cannot sing so I use a loop. Its as simple as that. You act like I only use loops which is not the case. Whatever I do, its never good. Do I play melodies, then they suck, do I replace the melodies with vocals, then thats  not good. What I have learned from my short time here is that I do not need to please others but myself with my music, thank you all for that important lesson. I aint threatening to leave, I just do not find enjoyment in this site because everytime I post something, its not good. There is always something wrong. I am glad I already found other music sites that give positive feedback also because if I had stayed on this website alone, then I would have stopped making music already a long time ago. You all think you are so good but to be honest, and I stated this before, you should call this site the noise makers.

I can go around critising the "music" some of you make also just because it aint my thing. I am sorry to say this again but some of the "music" I hear here are just some noises put on a drum. You all think thats pretty cool and thats your opinion ofcourse, I do not think that is music. Its just noise.

It is clear, that this website is not the place for me, because you all want me to become like you, making noises on a drumpattern. I am sorry, I do not want to be like you ?

When I post something, most of you just visit to have a laugh and ridicule me. And then when I say you make me feel bad you act like I am the child. But in the end, all you guys do is laugh at me or accuse me of being a troll. I did not threaten to leave, I am leaving. Find someone else to laugh at. If you think I am gonna pay for a membership for that, then you are very wrong. I will go to other sites where the people at least try to be positive. I do not mind advice, I do mind that ridiculing me and acting like I am so bad at making music that I just should stop.

If you all made good music, I could understand and accept it, but most of the time the ones giving "advice" are even worse then me. Please call this website we are the noise makers. Its more relevant to what the use of this website is, because if you make music, then you got laughed at. Just make some boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds on a boom boom drum pattern and this is the place for you! Yeah I had enough of it, again, I only came back because this was the only place where I could share my music. Now, not anymore. So have a great time thinking you all are music makers and laughing at people who actually make real music! Bye bye!

18 minutes ago, Mozex said:

So you actually believe that I am the one acting like a child? Hmmm okay. Your opinion is just ridiculous. I can not make drums so I use a loop, I cannot sing so I use a loop. Its as simple as that. You act like I only use loops which is not the case. Whatever I do, its never good. Do I play melodies, then they suck, do I replace the melodies with vocals, then thats  not good. What I have learned from my short time here is that I do not need to please others but myself with my music, thank you all for that important lesson. I aint threatening to leave, I just do not find enjoyment in this site because everytime I post something, its not good. There is always something wrong. I am glad I already found other music sites that give positive feedback also because if I had stayed on this website alone, then I would have stopped making music already a long time ago. You all think you are so good but to be honest, and I stated this before, you should call this site the noise makers.

I can go around critising the "music" some of you make also just because it aint my thing. I am sorry to say this again but some of the "music" I hear here are just some noises put on a drum. You all think thats pretty cool and thats your opinion ofcourse, I do not think that is music. Its just noise.

It is clear, that this website is not the place for me, because you all want me to become like you, making noises on a drumpattern. I am sorry, I do not want to be like you ?

When I post something, most of you just visit to have a laugh and ridicule me. And then when I say you make me feel bad you act like I am the child. But in the end, all you guys do is laugh at me or accuse me of being a troll. I did not threaten to leave, I am leaving. Find someone else to laugh at. If you think I am gonna pay for a membership for that, then you are very wrong. I will go to other sites where the people at least try to be positive. I do not mind advice, I do mind that ridiculing me and acting like I am so bad at making music that I just should stop.

If you all made good music, I could understand and accept it, but most of the time the ones giving "advice" are even worse then me. Please call this website we are the noise makers. Its more relevant to what the use of this website is, because if you make music, then you got laughed at. Just make some boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds on a boom boom drum pattern and this is the place for you! Yeah I had enough of it, again, I only came back because this was the only place where I could share my music. Now, not anymore. So have a great time thinking you all are music makers and laughing at people who actually make real music! Bye bye!

/watmm

oh fuck off mozex i'm tired of your whining. you simply cannot expect to put your music in the public domain and not receive criticism or a good piss-taking. established and succesful artists have to deal with it with pretty much every release. we're not here to massage your ego or only say nice things - you're fucking delusional if that's what you expect when you post music on a public forum.

your music is not good, but i do think you could develop your sound into something worthwhile, if only you would take on board some criticism and not be so god damn thin-skinned. so some people are making fun of you - so fucking what? deal with it, or really leave this time and don't fucking come back.

boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds on a boom boom drum pattern

also, how the hell did you figure out my secret formula for a proper banger?

6 hours ago, Mozex said:

Hey Moz - I think this whole paragraph is a pretty good example of why people might not be giving you the sort of feedback you want and why people are treating you the way they are. 

If you take a careful look at most of the feedback that has been given to you (with some admitted exceptions), it's mostly been along the lines of "hey, I like X" but "maybe you should consider trying Y to help improve." Sometimes this is even in the context of you asking for specific advice. You have even received a lot of feedback which is purely "hey this sounds good!" 

It seems like you expect 100% of feedback to praise your music as the second coming and a)anything that praises your music without critique is just what you expect so you kind of take it for granted  b)anything that deviates from this in the slightest is taken as a personal affront. I actually think people here have been fairly patient with their critique's, taking it on faith that you actually have some interest in learning - they try and highlight what they see as good and point out things they think you could work on. Frankly, that's a huge gift, and really the only way to improve one's art in any format. It also involves setting aside ego - this can be difficult. I speak from personal experience when I say for a long time all I wanted was just validation that my stuff was "awesome" - but I've come to realize how much more rewarding it is hear it is NOT awesome, but that some parts might be pretty good and there might be other things I could work on to make better. I think that's called growing up. 

"I can go around critising the "music" some of you make also just because it aint my thing. I am sorry to say this again but some of the "music" I hear here are just some noises put on a drum. You all think thats pretty cool and thats your opinion ofcourse, I do not think that is music. Its just noise."

You do realize that you talk about not criticizing people music and then you literally go on to immediately criticize people's music.  Half of this post is you talking shit about the people who make music here. If you can't see the irony in that I just don't know what to tell you. 

Here's the real deal/harsh brown: You title your works things like "Master of Ideas" but don't seem to recognize that becoming a master of anything takes a lot of work to EARN that status (even people with incredible innate talent require this). You seem like a person who has a hard time with someone disagreeing with them and/or thinking that what you produce isn't 100% gold. And, if people don't fall in line with this, you immediate lash out at them while also painting yourself as the victim. You whine, and cry, and pronounce, protest, and condemn. You run away from people and comments and things that don't immediately fall in line with the inflated view you have of yourself. You pitch a fit. I suspect it's a strategy you have employed your entire life, to great success. It's also how spoiled children act when they don't get the toy they want RIGHT NOW and it's behavior that creates spoiled adults if left unchecked. 

So, go ahead and run away. Believe that everyone here hates you and  doesn't "get" you, or how awesome your music is. Go some place else. But I will tell you if you go somewhere and everyone is giving you nothing but positive feedback, is telling you that everything you do is the most amazing thing that has ever been done, and no one has a critical thing to say, then that place is a lie. Furthermore, you will never grow, as a person (or an artist) because growing involves taking a critical look at what you say, think, and do, and making changes based on that. Sometimes love is hard that way - but it's worthwhile and the only way to truly better oneself. 

I can only speak for myself, but I will say: I don't hate you Moz. I love you. But I don't like your behavior. When you decide you want to change that I'm here with open arms. Until then, I gotz no mo effs left to give. 

On 6/28/2019 at 10:32 AM, Mozex said:

I am sorry to say this again but some of the "music" I hear here are just some noises put on a drum. You all think thats pretty cool and thats your opinion ofcourse, I do not think that is music. Its just noise.

If you all made good music, I could understand and accept it, but most of the time the ones giving "advice" are even worse then me. Please call this website we are the noise makers. Its more relevant to what the use of this website is, because if you make music, then you got laughed at. Just make some boing boing triiiinnng triiing electric sounds on a boom boom drum pattern

omfg lol. This is gold! If someone asks me again what kind of stuff I listen to I have now a ready answer. You surely do realize that some/most of these noise makers have polluted our spiritual world with their shit for 10-20 years, and if I got it right you have walked your artistic path for what - 3-6 months, so it's kinda arrogant if you start to tell them how superior your stuff is compared to their lame ear bleeding puke. If I were you, I'd trying to get everything out of what these dudes are trying to say here, because sorry, but your stuff isn't necessarily yet on the gold level. Giving a feedback isn't the same thing as blindly kissing someone's ass.

So yep I'm sorry Mozex, but you are behaving a tad childish here. Y'know even the 12 year old buddy sitting next to me is more mature.....and we're now talking about a dog who likes to lick his balls.

Archived