IGNORED

Tracks made by Mozex Final Topic

Mozex

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this one the most: it reminds me of this place:

Matthew 5

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

and: Luke 6

20And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

14 minutes ago, webby said:

All sins are forgiven - cool rave stabs and undulating melody over the top, this really brings the NRG and is the best track I've heard from you.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 2:50 PM, thawkins said:

Nice tune, reminds me of Reaky.

Thx

On 8/27/2019 at 12:06 AM, Stickfigger said:

Reckon you should keep overdriving this tune into oblivion as an ending as opposed to the fade out 

Yeah that would probably be pretty cool but I do not really have the urge to do it.

Hey Mozex, your music style is much more accessible than what the majority of people here either make or listen to so I'm not sure you should be taking advice here. Somebody linked a damn drukqs track in here for chrissakes. I know so many people who would have an easier time listening to this than the beardstroke shit we all adore and elevate in this little echo chamber. 

I'm getting some strong 90's EBM/demoscene vibes from the whole get up but I suspect you're going for a more up to date EDM/synthwave sound that you can't quite get to at this point. It's nothing to be ashamed of as these genres have gotten really intense production wise. It seems a lot of people have started out making exactly this type of stuff and it takes a while to come into your own so just keep going. John 3 16 has cool sounds. You could really use some tighter production, but I think it's too early to obsess about that. However, you're pushing some part of the chain too hard so your drums are distorting badly in every single track, that needs to be looked at. Also, look up basic chord structures and maybe see if there's an arpeggiator on your synths and play around with that. 

30 minutes ago, chim said:

Hey Mozex, your music style is much more accessible than what the majority of people here either make or listen to so I'm not sure you should be taking advice here. Somebody linked a damn drukqs track in here for chrissakes. I know so many people who would have an easier time listening to this than the beardstroke shit we all adore and elevate in this little echo chamber. 

I'm getting some strong 90's EBM/demoscene vibes from the whole get up but I suspect you're going for a more up to date EDM/synthwave sound that you can't quite get to at this point. It's nothing to be ashamed of as these genres have gotten really intense production wise. It seems a lot of people have started out making exactly this type of stuff and it takes a while to come into your own so just keep going. John 3 16 has cool sounds. You could really use some tighter production, but I think it's too early to obsess about that. However, you're pushing some part of the chain too hard so your drums are distorting badly in every single track, that needs to be looked at. Also, look up basic chord structures and maybe see if there's an arpeggiator on your synths and play around with that. 

Thank you for the drum issue, maybe I should not use the kick boom effect on it. I use a arpeggiator in almost all my tracks. Not on every instrument, but I do use it. To be honest, I do not even know what kind of genre I create, I just create and something comes out. I just do this as a hobby and I am happy with that.

god did not create the universe as a hobby. jesus did not give his life as a hobby.

your responsibility as a christian edm producer is to praise the lord by means of music so you better be serious about dropping that bass, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand ✝️

33 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

god did not create the universe as a hobby. jesus did not give his life as a hobby.

your responsibility as a christian edm producer is to praise the lord by means of music so you better be serious about dropping that bass, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand ✝️

Actually, that exactly how Bach, Handel, Mozart and Beethoven saw it. Mozex is in good company! ?

6 hours ago, chim said:

what the majority of people here either make or listen to ........ Somebody linked a damn drukqs track in here for chrissakes. I know so many people who would have an easier time listening to this than the beardstroke shit we all adore and elevate in this little echo chamber.

That was the exact reason why I posted the damn drukqs track here for chrissakes. :cerious: Dunno if you read the whole thread, but it becomes quite clear that the op doesn't really have a clue what this place actually is. Just thought to clarify.

2 hours ago, Uros said:

That was the exact reason why I posted the damn drukqs track here for chrissakes. :cerious: Dunno if you read the whole thread, but it becomes quite clear that the op doesn't really have a clue what this place actually is. Just thought to clarify.

Well, sure, but don't you think it's a bit presumptuous to post a drill n bass track (that you love) as a kind of goal post here, especially with the implicit suggestion that music with a lot of edits is better. Anyone can hear it's not what he's going for and it likely doesn't mean anything to him. The music discussed here ranges quite a bit further than the big 4 anyway. Why not throw him some mitch murder, com truise or anything a bit easier to relate to? I get that the music is lackluster and OP has an attitude but the discussion is infected by massive bias towards geeky noodling.

11 hours ago, chim said:

Well, sure, but don't you think it's a bit presumptuous to post a drill n bass track (that you love) as a kind of goal post here, especially with the implicit suggestion that music with a lot of edits is better. Anyone can hear it's not what he's going for and it likely doesn't mean anything to him. The music discussed here ranges quite a bit further than the big 4 anyway. Why not throw him some mitch murder, com truise or anything a bit easier to relate to? I get that the music is lackluster and OP has an attitude but the discussion is infected by massive bias towards geeky noodling.

OK then. Basically everything you've pointed out about the drukqs post of is true, but the angle is wrong. The reason for my post came from the drum loop issue that was going on here at the time. Also op mentioning that everything here sounds like some noise or whatever. So, was simply trying to give a clear example of what most of us here listen to normally and is regarded as " teh good shit". Ended up using drukqs track because, imo, it was a great example of chopped as fuck drums, but which also had some nice melodies over it to possible help digesting it, hence why I didn't use some breakcore track. My apologies if my post did include a suggestion that this was the style op should be heading to. I read it again and I seriously didn't find any nods toward such advice . Nor did it have any suggestion about what is good and what is not, or what are my personal likings. tbh I really don't care where he is heading. Most of the comments people have tried to give as an advice in this thread have gone to deaf ears anyway. But presumptuous, arrogant or better than thou attitude? wtf. was only sincerely trying to be helpful with giving a context about where we come from, since there were, and still is, little misunderstanding about it. That's all. Hopefully could get some sense to the post. :cattears:

Archived