IGNORED

Caterina Barbieri - Ecstatic Computation

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Great album. First heard some of these tracks in her boiler room live set. I was not ready for so much awesome, fantas live version tore my brain in half. Same Helsinki session where Rian treanor also played a great set too

Anyway been listening to this album while on a short vacation and it's all I want to listen to, so that's a good sign. Looking forward to checking out her other stuff and the tracks posted above

I should give it another try. I absolutely love Patterns Of Consciousness, but haven't clicked with that last one... yet. What a talented person though.

• 1 month later...

^ rian = me-an?

glad others are feeling this album tho.

ive been listening to pattens of conciousness lately.  i also just read the description of that album (see below) and didnt realize the tracks are essentially in pairs, running similar sequences at different speeds.  it makes for a very compelling album..

""TCCTF" adopts the drone of the preceding track and runs with it, evolving into its uncanny twin sibling. (It's a slowed-down version of "This Causes Consciousness To Fracture," as indicated by its acronym title.) This structure repeats for the remainder of the album, creating complementary compositional pairs. Wandering arpeggios on one track become wavering drones on the other. The only exception is "Gravity That Binds," closing the album with buoyant shoegaze."

Edited by markedone
  • Like 1

I saw her live twice in the past few months. The music sounded great, but it didn't move me, whereas it sometimes induces goosebumps when I'm doing other stuff at home. Bit weird.

20 hours ago, auxien said:

her first album is rather good just listen to it instead

actually this is the one i meant and it's her second apparently, dunno why i thought it was her first. it's a little long-winded but really nice

• 5 months later...