Sign in to follow this  
Consul

Amateur Selectah

I made a track, let me know what you guys think! 🙂

Nice old school vibe.

A bit repetitive, maybe, but the things that go on for just a bit too long really are very nice.

2 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Nice old school vibe.

A bit repetitive, maybe, but the things that go on for just a bit too long really are very nice.

Hey, thanks! I've been given the 'repetitive' feedback many times when it comes to this track. I think I will do more less repetitive stuff later on. This is me trying to figure out Renoise and making my first track basically.

Glad that you still liked it though!

Hey M8! Very nice work, particularly for a "first track." A pretty solid song structure that, as others have mentioned, could just use a smidge of pruning (totally understand though - Renoise sort of demands a bit of pushing your brain through a sieve for a while and just playing around/having fun figuring it out is a totally rewarding experience in and of itself). 

As you work through things, feel free to post some tips on the software - always on the hunt for new Renoise insights :flower:

30 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Hey M8! Very nice work, particularly for a "first track." A pretty solid song structure that, as others have mentioned, could just use a smidge of pruning (totally understand though - Renoise sort of demands a bit of pushing your brain through a sieve for a while and just playing around/having fun figuring it out is a totally rewarding experience in and of itself). 

As you work through things, feel free to post some tips on the software - always on the hunt for new Renoise insights :flower:

Thanks for the feedback! 

I did say that this is my "first track" but I would like to add that I have attempted to do tracks on both Ableton and FL and they did not work out as I intended them to be, so rather than saying "first track", it would be more appropriate to say "first intended track" (and I totally agree on the pruning part!)

I can only give a tip as of right now, which is the Renoise YouTube tutorials and the website. It is so amazing that they do their own tutorials which tell EVERYTHING! I love it.

renoise brethren! If you need any help just let me know.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Consul said:

Thanks for the feedback! 

I did say that this is my "first track" but I would like to add that I have attempted to do tracks on both Ableton and FL and they did not work out as I intended them to be, so rather than saying "first track", it would be more appropriate to say "first intended track" (and I totally agree on the pruning part!)

I can only give a tip as of right now, which is the Renoise YouTube tutorials and the website. It is so amazing that they do their own tutorials which tell EVERYTHING! I love it.

Ta! Yes, their tutorials are great. . . I've also found playing around with some of the bundled example songs (and the internal presets - e.g., check out some of the bundled phrases for learning opportunities). Also, I get you re: the intended part. 

38 minutes ago, chronical said:

renoise brethren! If you need any help just let me know.

Chronic! Well met! Yes, I know I'd love some tips. . . I don't want to keep hijacking Consul's thread though. Would it be worth it to start a Renoise specific thread? 

Edited by T3551ER

If there is none go ahead :music: we can post themes and shit

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, chronical said:

If there is none go ahead :music: we can post themes and shit

Oh that would be lovely! Do we open it on EKT or Music Discussion? Also, I will let you know if I need help! (I couldn't quote you and add the text here afterwards again)

Edited by Consul